The Covid19 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I think you misunderstand the direction the attack is coming from.
    Don't they have toilets which err... spray water up yours or something... from a different tap... like a quick wash.

Anywho...

Infections are going down, day by day... and our vacation to France is back on. Although, no longer to the east of the country, towards the German border, but to the west, towards the sea -- staying well away from red zones which are off-limits and most orange zones which require a 14-day self-isolation upon return.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Don't they have toilets which err... spray water up yours or something... from a different tap... like a quick wash.

Anywho...

Infections are going down, day by day... and our vacation to France is back on. Although, no longer to the east of the country, towards the German border, but to the west, towards the sea -- staying well away from red zones which are off-limits and most orange zones which require a 14-day self-isolation upon return.
      I believe they're called "bidets", and while they exist, they are exceedingly rare, presumably due to their cost. I myself have never seen one in use.
      I am looking to get a new toilet, I want to get an oval style to replace the round one that is in here now, and I rather like the idea of the bidets, but the cost is 3-4 times higher. And that's for a home setting. Think about that kind of thing in a public setting. How many times do you look at a toilet in a public restroom and think "I'm not sitting on that." ?

Comment

Think about that kind of thing in a public setting. How many times do you look at a toilet in a public restroom and think "I'm not sitting on that." ?
        I never go on a public restroom, if I can avoid it.

I remember only a handful of times where it was impossible to do so, and luckily none of them were "problematic".

Comment

I believe they're called "bidets", and while they exist, they are exceedingly rare, presumably due to their cost. I myself have never seen one in use.
          I am looking to get a new toilet, I want to get an oval style to replace the round one that is in here now, and I rather like the idea of the bidets, but the cost is 3-4 times higher. And that's for a home setting. Think about that kind of thing in a public setting. How many times do you look at a toilet in a public restroom and think "I'm not sitting on that." ?
          yeah toilets with built-in bidets probably cost more but in the long run I wonder if those might not actually be cheaper than toilet paper...a quick spray of water vs going through 1/4 - 1/2 a roll of toilet paper every time

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            yeah toilets with built-in bidets probably cost more but in the long run I wonder if those might not actually be cheaper than toilet paper...a quick spray of water vs going through 1/4 - 1/2 a roll of toilet paper every time
            Still gotta go through the drying cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I never go on a public restroom, if I can avoid it.

I remember only a handful of times where it was impossible to do so, and luckily none of them were "problematic".
              Wait till you get older. It becomes harder and harder to "avoid it".

Comment

My store and most other stores I've been in have their bathrooms (and water fountains) "closed for everyone's health and safety". We had our bathrooms closed for longer than covid has been around though (so have a few of the other places in the shopping center I work at). Some people don't know how to clean up after themselves when they use the bathroom, so we closed them. I personally don't like using public toilets because other people don't know how to clean up after themselves and I don't want any of their nastiness.
                sigpic

Comment

Still gotta go through the drying cycle.
                  Visions of hand-dryers upside down on the floor & people squatting over them. Not a pretty vision *shudder*
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Wait till you get older. It becomes harder and harder to "avoid it".
                    I have 3 kidneys -- I can hold.
                    Takes a while to get through those filters.

Alas, France has expanded its orange areas so we're doomed to stay within our borders.

Luckily, the south of Belgium speaks French so at least the language will have a foreign enough feel that we, at least, have that "holiday" feeling.

Comment

I feel sorry for our border towns. (half in one state, half in another) A supermarket burned down, and it was the only one in the NSW side of the border so now the locals have to drive an hour to get to the next one because they are not allowed to cross the border into QLD without being on a 14 day lock down. What's worse is when the local hospital is on the other side of the border and parents cannot see their family or kids based on the same restrictions. We have actually had deaths because people could not access the hospital that are literally minutes away based on the border restrictions.
                      Bloody stupid.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

AFL players & officials can cross back & forth, but they are special.
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Tour de France is currently en route through orange-coded zones.

Though Covid-19 regulations are pretty harsh. The moment a team has 2 confirmed positive tests, the whole group has to leave. Wouldn't want to be the team wearing the yellow jersey at that point... cause that would suck.

Comment

I expect the students to be stupid, they're kids.

But why can't the adults who run the school systems see this coming ??

SUNY Oneonta sends students home, now has 507 positive cases

Comment

I expect the students to be stupid, they're kids.

But why can't the adults who run the school systems see this coming ??

SUNY Oneonta sends students home, now has 507 positive cases
                              They have, they did but they are basically being forced to open or lose funding from the federal government.
                              It is what it is.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                                AFL players & officials can cross back & forth, but they are special.
                                No, they still have to go through lock down, but they get tested more frequently and have to stay in their "bubble". AFL has been "homed" in QLD for months and it makes sense that the Grand Final is held there. S.A. would have been a better option as it has more of an AFL culture, but it had more cases of covid when the decision was made however.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X