Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Indeed...

Was distracted by the formalities for our new house but those are behind us now too, so it's back to Stargate business.

I do have to catch up on 3 episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D. so should do that first before going back to the rewatch. But you can expect another jigsaw puzzle round this week -- possibly near the weekend.
    I'm really liking this season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. much more than prior years. They're having a lot of fun with it their final year.

Comment

Indeed...

Was distracted by the formalities for our new house but those are behind us now too, so it's back to Stargate business.

I do have to catch up on 3 episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D. so should do that first before going back to the rewatch. But you can expect another jigsaw puzzle round this week -- possibly near the weekend.
      Well, I am on a staycation next week
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

34 states and Puerto Rico are on NY's quarantine list. People flying in from one if those places need to leave their contact info before leaving the airport or face a fine up to $2000.
        https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/gov-cu...avel-list/amp/

The percentage of tests that come back positive has been pretty stable for awhile now at around 1% (sometimes slightly lower (like 0.89%) sometimes a bit higher (like 1.16%). Most of the new infections are younger people, and I think most of the problems are coming from people hanging out and drinking on the streets and sidewalks in front of bars (mainly in NYC and out on long Island) in violation of open bottle laws (and they're crowding in front of these places and obviously if they're drinking they don't have masks in front of their faces and they don't care about social distancing). There was also some huge party/concert thrown out in the Hamptons recently that's being investigated. Cuomo has mentioned shutting these places (the bars) down or revoking liquor licenses if it doesn't stop. I hope he does if it keeps going, Nyc's mayor isn't going to do squat, he won't even tell the NYPD to do their job and enforce open bottle violations. I suppose he's trying to avoid putting members of the NYPD in situations that could potentially lead to a major conflict over something trivial, possibly causing more issues, but really, it does need to stop.

I need a vacation, I have pto, I should use some, so I can stay home and watch TV, and maybe paint my living room.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I'm really liking this season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. much more than prior years. They're having a lot of fun with it their final year.
          I love that they modelled the opening sequence to the time periods, keeping to the feel of that time.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Well, I am on a staycation next week
          Good to know.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I hate to note it but the whole of the US is a Covid-mess at the moment.

You haven't evolved out of your first wave yet, while the rest of us are dealing with that second wave already. And I sincerely hope that it will teach everyone a firm lesson about interaction and openining and generally having people ignore the rules.

If you happen to break the rules in the Province of Antwerp, like not wearing a facemask or breaking curfew, you could end up with a fine up to 1600 euro and prisontime up to 14 days (which as it coincidently stands is also the voluntary quarantine time when you have been in an orange zone, or mandatory for red zones).

Comment

You haven't evolved out of your first wave yet, while the rest of us are dealing with that second wave already. And I sincerely hope that it will teach everyone a firm lesson about interaction and openining and generally having people ignore the rules.

If you happen to break the rules in the Province of Antwerp, like not wearing a facemask or breaking curfew, you could end up with a fine up to 1600 euro and prisontime up to 14 days (which as it coincidently stands is also the voluntary quarantine time when you have been in an orange zone, or mandatory for red zones).
              You would hope for that, but I don't believe that the people here will learn their lesson. Not looking forward to when schools reopen here, but it will be an even bigger mess. Flu and cold season is coming and things are going to be even worse.

As far as enforcing the rules, even the cops here are not pushing the issue when it comes to a simple thing like masks. (At least in my area of the US.) Even employees in a lot of stores are not pushing it for fear they will get beat up, or shot. They say something but then won't argue it and I cannot say I blame them. A lot of people have gone off the deep end right now.

On a positive note, most people I see are wearing masks and trying to stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith
                In my opinion the bars should have been shut down as soon as it became a thing to hang out on the sidewalks and streets drinking in large crowds. I have no problem with people getting a drink and some food to take out and eat/drink at home (which is what it was supposed to be) but that's not what's been going. People are basically having a large party with alcohol out in the streets.
                Hell, around here, as soon as the resturants / bars were allowed to re-open (phase 3 or 4?), a good number of them asked the city to close the streets they were on in order to allow them to set up tables on them to increase their seating capacity in light of social distancing.

I understand why they would make such a ridiculous request; they're physically too small to be able to serve enough people to be profitable with their inside tables spaced out for distancing. Too freakin' bad, that street isn't your property.

The more ridiculous bit is the city acceded to their request in some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Hell, around here, as soon as the resturants / bars were allowed to re-open (phase 3 or 4?), a good number of them asked the city to close the streets they were on in order to allow them to set up tables on them to increase their seating capacity in light of social distancing.

I understand why they would make such a ridiculous request; they're physically too small to be able to serve enough people to be profitable with their inside tables spaced out for distancing. Too freakin' bad, that street isn't your property.

The more ridiculous bit is the city acceded to their request in some cases.
                  We don't have indoor dining in NYC yet (at least I don't think we do, I know it was put on hold when it was supposed to be our time to open for indoor dining and I believe that's still the case). Restaurants and bars can apply for permits to have a few tables right outside their door or basically the parking space right in front of their business. If the place has a parking lot or a rooftop, they can't put some tables there. Done properly, it doesn't crowd the sidewalk or anything like that. I've seen a few places with the outdoor street setups and some did a nice job making it look nice and cozy. But that's it. They're only supposed to serve the people that can fit at those tables outside, everyone else is has to be takeout, and the people getting takeout are supposed to go home or their jobs if they're on their break or wherever. People aren't supposed to be crowding together in front of bars drinking.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    People aren't supposed to be crowding together in front of bars drinking.
                    Not even under normal circumstances.

Comment

Yup, it's official... Belgium is definitely going in the wrong direction. Infections keep rising again, though deaths haven't followed yet. So while we have a lot more positive tests again, there haven't been more deaths yet.

In any case, curfew is upheld in the Province of Antwerp. My entire family lives in that province so tomorrow I'll find out how they're fairing. However, our comical spirits are intact, Flanders is poking fun at itself and we're managing the Covid-pressure the best way we can.

But even I have to admit, I'm growing tired of the situation. I'm growing more and more frustrated with people who pretend like nothing's wrong and continue to break the rules, or those who think they can't get it or whatever, and ignore other people's social distance space.

Will see how it evolves.

Comment

Yup, it's official... Belgium is definitely going in the wrong direction. Infections keep rising again, though deaths haven't followed yet. So while we have a lot more positive tests again, there haven't been more deaths yet.

In any case, curfew is upheld in the Province of Antwerp. My entire family lives in that province so tomorrow I'll find out how they're fairing. However, our comical spirits are intact, Flanders is poking fun at itself and we're managing the Covid-pressure the best way we can.

But even I have to admit, I'm growing tired of the situation. I'm growing more and more frustrated with people who pretend like nothing's wrong and continue to break the rules, or those who think they can't get it or whatever, and ignore other people's social distance space.

Will see how it evolves.
                        The inevitable result re-opening things too early. Bars, restaurants and other social gatherings places should have never re-opened, as well as cubicle farms and other onsite workplaces. I expect we're going to have to close down again and stay closed until we have some effective means of stopping this thing. And it's likely to be a longer shutdown. We allowed the moneymen to push us back open too soon, and now we're gonna have to do it over and do it right this time.

At least your leaders might be able to do that, or some effective course of action. We're screwed until after the elections are decided; everything our leaders do is focused on one thing, politics and the upcoming elections.

Comment

Good luck getting people to go along with this.

Dr. Fauci recommends wearing goggles to prevent catching the coronavirus

Comment

Does he think it will make it easier for them to see the virus coming, or are they "Rose Coloured" goggles?
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Actually... I'm just gonna go with the facemask and be done with it.

Apparently, even the medical world can't agree on what we should or shouldn't do, and we should just go about our daily lives like nothing is wrong. Especially the age group 20 to 59 should just go about their lives... and if we get it, you better hope you don't have hidden underlying conditions otherwise survival could be a problem. We are to sacrifice ourselves for the greater good of the human population.

Well... **** you too... this 39-year old has other plans. I just bought a house, dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed
                                How many times do I have to tell you children? You can't take whatever government or the media tells you at face value. You have to figure out what is really going on by yourself.
                                At least a few more times, I'm afraid...

Comment

Working...
                                X