• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring in the dark net!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I sometimes have the ten-foil hat feeling that we are heading into a society where those in power control information and lull us into self absorbed stupor where we only act as do most teenagers when it comes to everything that matters to such a degree that those in power will be able to do just about anything and get us all to go along with it like mindless sheep...well...I mean more so than today.

That is, until a legion of trouble making youngsters start making trouble. Anyone know what I am referencing here? I'll give you a hint "The Legion of ______."

Anyone? No? Okay, I'll go now
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

^^ it won't be the youngsters making the trouble because they won't know anything different, it'll be the present youngsters come middle aged people (people like us) who experienced the pre-censorship era first hand that'll start the uprising.

Or skynet will.

Comment

I rather doubt it will be the youngsters, for the simple reason that they are youngsters. You don't start developing the proper views on things till your 30's at least, and often not till 40's or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I rather doubt it will be the youngsters, for the simple reason that they are youngsters. You don't start developing the proper views on things till your 30's at least, and often not till 40's or higher.
            Ah good ol ageism. You never die
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

My own viewpoints certainly have changed as time has gone by and I've gotten older and gotten (hopefully) wiser, and I suspect that is true for most people.

Comment

It's a fallacy that age brings wisdom
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Only the young think that.

Comment

And you prove your ageism again
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      It's a fallacy that age brings wisdom
                      Age brings the lack of phallacy...................

Sorry
                      Faculties
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Age brings a lack of tolerance to bull****.

Comment

Really? No one knows? I thought at least one person would get it >.>
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Legion of superhero's?
                            Teen Titans?
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              ^^ it won't be the youngsters making the trouble because they won't know anything different, it'll be the present youngsters come middle aged people (people like us) who experienced the pre-censorship era first hand that'll start the uprising.

Or skynet will.
                              It's always the students who start the big mess. Wealthy, educated, cynical and ruthless in the way that only the children of privilege can be. Think back to any revolution of the past 200 years; that's the crowd that usually doesn't mind drowning their country in blood for the vision of a glorious future.

I've been saying for a while that we're heading towards a police state as the only form in which nation-state can survive the current crisis. And it may be the best of the available range of bleak alternatives.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                Is it well-known? Is it something old?

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                It's always the students who start the big mess. Wealthy, educated, cynical and ruthless in the way that only the children of privilege can be. Think back to any revolution of the past 200 years; that's the crowd that usually doesn't mind drowning their country in blood for the vision of a glorious future.
                                Reminds me of a line from a Linkin Park lyric:

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X