• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking from experience I take it
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Does that make Annoyed the bonehead today?
      well as I said upthread I don't blame him as the line between satire and reality has become rather thin as of late

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
        Wait long enough, someone will really do it, in fact, someone, somewhere, probably has
        My money is on "has"... cause the Darwin Awards exist for a reason.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Speaking from experience I take it
          I haven't got what it takes to do that But all it usually takes is booze or a group, or a group on booze, so long as it is men or perhaps more boys than men
          sigpic

Comment

Young males do tend to demonstrate such good judgement when in a group of their peers.

Comment

Its not an age thing. Groups of old people can be just as stupid
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Its not an age thing. Groups of old people can be just as stupid
                Hardly. If your statement is right, why aren't there more news articles about groups of geezers gathering together and doing stupid things on streetcorners?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Hardly. If your statement is right, why aren't there more news articles about groups of geezers gathering together and doing stupid things on streetcorners?
                  There are. They are also ones of middle aged ones doing it as well.
                  Stupidity does not care about age, it's just that the reasons are different.
                  The young do it out a sense of immortality, the old do it out of a sense of mortality, and the ones in the middle are just idiots.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    There are. They are also ones of middle aged ones doing it as well.
                    Stupidity does not care about age, it's just that the reasons are different.
                    The young do it out a sense of immortality, the old do it out of a sense of mortality, and the ones in the middle are just idiots.
                    You're forgetting a key motivator for stupid human tricks: Young males "strutting their stuff" in order to attract the attention of potential mates, which is the root cause of much of their stupidity. Later in life, they are more restrained for fear of pissing their wives off.

Comment

You're forgetting a key motivator for stupid human tricks: Young males "strutting their stuff" in order to attract the attention of potential mates, which is the root cause of much of their stupidity. Later in life, they are more restrained for fear of pissing their wives off.
                      And you are forgetting the cause root of human stagnation, older people who think they know better, or want to hold onto perceived power.

You see, I did answer your assertion about "strutting males" (something a male hater might say...…). I just didn't ascribe gender to it, that's all.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is a very old fashioned way of thinking. Men and women are just as stupid, it just happens that they display their stupidity differently...and men drink more than women which ends up being a huge factor in stupidity. I've also read that men have more extremes than women, more male geniuses and idiots vs female geniuses and idiots. How significant that is, I'm not sure, but throw drinking into that and it starts to make sense. Another aspect also has to deal with social gender based expectations. Women are expected to sit still and cook dinner while men go out with buddies to "do stuff". The result is that there is more pressure for women to avoid risky behavior than there is for men (Boys will be boys mentality). So add that to the drinking and the slightly more numerous idiotic men vs women.

Take this into consideration, women are expected to be the child caregivers. So even if a female idiot wants to do something idiotic, she can't cause she got landed with a little idiot to take care of. But her idiot husband isn't expected to take care of their idiot kid so he is more free to go off himself in a bout of idiocy thus leaving the idiot wife with more responsibilities further keeping her from acting on her idiotic urges.

In fact I am willing to wager that the same forces that keep women from winning as many darwin awards as men are the same forces that keep women from winning as many nobel prizes as men.

But at the end of the day, I do think there are at least a few more male idiots than female idiots. But keep in mind, that these idiots are in the minority for both genders to the point where it doesn't really matter. Idiots be idiots.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          And you are forgetting the cause root of human stagnation, older people who think they know better, or want to hold onto perceived power.

You see, I did answer your assertion about "strutting males" (something a male hater might say...…). I just didn't ascribe gender to it, that's all.
                          You can ignore it all you want, but there are distinct differences between males and females. Each gender's behavior goes out the window when the opposite sex is involved, but we tend demonstrate stupid behavior far more readily than they do.

Comment

Its been awhile since I saw Anjoyed's vague generalizations. I don't miss them
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

You can ignore it all you want, but there are distinct differences between males and females. Each gender's behavior goes out the window when the opposite sex is involved, but we tend demonstrate stupid behavior far more readily than they do.
                              Did you read what Tood said?
                              sigpic

Comment

I heard of those guys who tried to overthrow the Venezuelan government that legitimately stole the election and proceeded to use its constitution as toilet paper long before Coronavirus made toilet paper scarce. I just never looked into how badly planned, prepped, and executed the whole thing was...it was boneheaded bad and deserves to be mentioned here.

This youtuber explains it best:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdXxRspj-ZA

And for those of you who don't like opening youtube links *cough*Jelgate*cough* a quick summary:

Some pea brained US specforce vets with nothing beyond a team level leadership experience thought they could plan a 300 men strong coup/kidnapping of Maduro with some defected Venezuelan soldiers, a corrupt defected Venezuelan politician, and a dirty drug smuggling defected Venezuelan general who all announced their plans before hand and ended up only using 60 horribly underequipped men to pull of the job got caught in the act rather easily and hilariously. Apparently the Green Beret and Navy Seal that trained them used broomsticks as guns for their drills (that's how bad it was). Their plan ended up being getting in normal boats in broad daylight, landing on a beach near the capital and proceeding to take over the largest international airport there and then move on into the capital to seize Maduro and take him back to the airport to fly him out of the country...only that they got stopped before they even made landfall for reasons that ought to be painfully obvious.

And to top it off, because the 3 aforementioned Venezuelans were blabbing about it, Venezuelan Intelligence caught wind of the whole operation and even helped fund it so that it knowing that they'd fail miserably. So not it's this big PR coup for Maduro who claimed it was brave "patriotic" citizens who stopped them ignoring that his intel people knew about it and planned exactly how they would intercept them.

I guess the guys behind this read a little too much about the filibustering that took place a hundred years ago (most of which ended up failing anyway).
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X