Clear All

*stamps PH with Jelgate branding symbol*
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

!! You fiend!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I'm the kind of person who would push people overboard so I can get a life raft
        As a single man, i would have been royally borked if i was on the titanic..
        So i would like you, have ensured my own survival..

That video was very funny
        I agree. I loved how they got all those reporters (or were they just actors) to lip sync to the lyrics like that..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          If you had been on the Titanic, you'd probably have been a 3rd class passenger, in which case you'd be locked up down below until 1st and 2nd class had their chance to get off the ship -- that is, the women and children.

3rd class passengers being locked up was no myth. That at least the DiCaprio film have correct.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I got news for you, pal. As a single male, you are totally borked from the get go, period. Particularly in today's society.
            Last edited by Annoyed; 30 July 2016, 12:36 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

Comment

So what is a single female then?
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

A whole lot better off.

Comment

Would they still say, today, women and children first, and would a feminist stand there arguing about that being sexist, while the boat sank?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    A whole lot better off.
                    You're special, aren't you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      You're special, aren't you.
                      Anny is special like a Pod Racer.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        A whole lot better off.
                        In modern society -- think again.

On the Titanic? Single women travelling alone were frowned upon, to begin with. Yes, Margaret Brown was travelling alone in first class but she was American and well - frowned upon.

Nevertheless, in third class -- still locked up, so you're in the same boat as the single men a.k.a. the Titanic.

Here you go, the survival rate for Titanic passengers.

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                        Would they still say, today, women and children first, and would a feminist stand there arguing about that being sexist, while the boat sank?
                        No, today they don't say women and children first. Today everyone is equal when it comes to leaving the ship because today there are enough lifeboats to fit all passengers and crew (thanks to the Titanic disaster I might add).

Sidenote: For the record, I'm a Titanic-geek.

Comment

I think it would be better just to sleep in the lifeboat
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                            I think it would be better just to sleep in the lifeboat
                            You could do that or you could stay off the boat altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              So whatv is a single female then?
                              The person who never pays for drinks at the bar
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                In modern society -- think again.

On the Titanic? Single women travelling alone were frowned upon, to begin with. Yes, Margaret Brown was travelling alone in first class but she was American and well - frowned upon.

Nevertheless, in third class -- still locked up, so you're in the same boat as the single men a.k.a. the Titanic.

Here you go, the survival rate for Titanic passengers.

No, today they don't say women and children first. Today everyone is equal when it comes to leaving the ship because today there are enough lifeboats to fit all passengers and crew (thanks to the Titanic disaster I might add).

Sidenote: For the record, I'm a Titanic-geek.
                                Mrs GF teaches Titanic and has for years, I have lost count of the books, video's and DVD's we have on the subject.
                                You two would get along well
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X