This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Ok, he has at least 2 mouths to feed, so you "effectively" get more money because he has bills you do not.
    And what difference in bills you or i have, should NOT be the basis for what the Company you are hired by, pays us..

By that logic, there should be all SORTS of different pay scales at firms.. One for single, One for single with 1 kid, one for single with 2 or more kids (say up to 4), one for single and lots of kids.. One for married with no kids and so on..

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Howcome women don't get the same pay as men when they are doing the same job?

Also female sports people get less prize money then their male counterparts in the same sports.

Why is that?
    On the work force issue, a lot of that is tied Correctly OR incorrectly into women and kids..

As for women sports players, and not getting the same pay let alone prize money, imo it depends on the game.
    Tennis women do best of 3. Men do best of 5 'sets.
    Golf, women shoot off closer than men..
    Soccer (or football/basketball), they play on the same size court/field. Spend the same amount of time running around. And compare the US women's squad list of accomplishments compared to the MENS team? Yet the gals rake in less than the guys do? SoOrry but that is total BULL..

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Probably Obama. He hasn't whinned about him in awhile
    King obama the first.. Man does he blow chunks!!

Hope that fits...

Comment

I have one, since we're back on Obama. Apparently he dared to state that Trump is not fit to be the next president of the USA.

I have to agree with him. Dude has no political experience at all.

And damn it, I'm watching Madam Secretary, and if we were all privvy to what happens behind the scenes we'd probably be showing more respect in what it takes to accomplish certain feats or how it sometimes takes a mountain to not start another conflict.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Madam Secretary is one of my favorite shows. I'd vote for President Dalton
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Is it like house of cards? It's available on netflix and I need a show fro when I hit the Show-hole.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I have one, since we're back on Obama. Apparently he dared to state that Trump is not fit to be the next president of the USA.

Having no political experience is a plus in my book, considering the sorry state of Washington these days. We need someone who will ignore the "established rules", whether it's intentional or through ignorance.

I'd rather see the dog catcher from the smallest one horse podunk town you can find than Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              Is it like house of cards? It's available on netflix and I need a show fro when I hit the Show-hole.
              S1 and S2 are on Netflix. It returns to CBS in October
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Also it's very easy to bait him into a meltdown on Twitter..

He ran away and hid rather than do an interview on TV.. How is he going to handle Putin or Kim Jong Un?

What about day to day Presidential duties? Can you imagine him in the Oval Office actually running the country? How will he handle press conferences? He's not in any way Presidential.

He doesn't have the temperament to handle the responsibility. He can't run away and hide from his duties. He can't declare bankruptcy and start over. He can't cheat the system when he's in charge of it.
                Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 02 August 2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I hate Trump as much as the next person. But he can do those things PH and probably get away with if for awhile. Except for the bankruptacy thing
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

More Pie in the face for Olympics in Rio...
                    http://www.gopusa.com/expert-to-rio-...d-under-water/

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Differences in an employee's personal circumstances should have no bearing upon what they are paid.
                      Who said anything about pay?
                      If my employer offers free childcare to any employee, is it the employers fault you don't have kids?
                      If you argue otherwise, you are in direct contradiction to all of the arguments that women have made for equal pay over the years.

Good luck with that buzzsaw.
                      A nice attempt to reframe the question.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It's about him. He doesn't like public education because he gets taxed, it takes his money. He doesn't like any system that involves that precise thing. The "benefits" married couples get mean an opportunity cost for him. I am noticing this as a pattern.
                        Like male pattern baldness?

Who are you? You don't know me. You're a no body attacking me for no good reason. I don't even know you. You don't even register. Believe me.
                        @ #lyingtood Third response, was probably running drugs instead! No energy, can't even make a joke great again, just bad.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          And what difference in bills you or i have, should NOT be the basis for what the Company you are hired by, pays us..
                          Again, I did not mention pay, I said because the parent has other responsibilities, you -EFFECTIVELY- get more money, not that you have different pay rates.

By that logic, there should be all SORTS of different pay scales at firms.. One for single, One for single with 1 kid, one for single with 2 or more kids (say up to 4), one for single and lots of kids.. One for married with no kids and so on..
                          That's not logic, nor what I said, so, same as Annoyed, nice attempt to reframe the question.

On the work force issue, a lot of that is tied Correctly OR incorrectly into women and kids..
                          Let me guess which one you believe................
                          sigpic

Comment

House of Cards deals with intrigue and backstabbing, and the political game. Mind you, I've only seen season 1 so I'm not up-to-date with that show.

Madam Secretary deals with the Secretary of State and the hoops she needs to jump through to get things done, and smooth things over when hell is about to break loose on a worldwide scale. It stars Téa Leoni and she rocks the part of Madam Secretary.

From TV.com:

Madam Secretary explores the life of Elizabeth "Bess' McCord (Téa Leoni), the shrewd, calculating, and extremely determined newly appointed Secretary of State who drives international diplomacy, battles office politics, and circumvents and ignores protocol as she negotiates worldwide issues, She is also a college professor and a brilliant former CIA analyst who left the agency for ethical and personal reasons. After the suspicious death of her predecessor. Elizabeth returns to public life at the President's behest. The President values her apolitical leanings, deep knowledge of the Middle East, flair for languages, and ability to not just think outside the box, but to not even acknowledge there is a box.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              S1 and S2 are on Netflix. It returns to CBS in October
                              By then my shows will be back in the air. I might not get to watching it at all until spring...or next summer.
                              Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              Also it's very easy to bait him into a meltdown on Twitter..

He ran away and hid rather than do an interview on TV.. How is he going to handle Putin or Kim Jong Un?

What about day to day Presidential duties? Can you imagine him in the Oval Office actually running the country? How will he handle press conferences? He's not in any way Presidential.

He doesn't have the temperament to handle the responsibility. He can't run away and hide from his duties. He can't declare bankruptcy and start over. He can't cheat the system when he's in charge of it.
                              Don't they all like each other? Why would he need to handle Kim Jong Un and Putin? Considering that they are such great friends.
                              Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              @ #lyingtood Third response, was probably running drugs instead! No energy, can't even make a joke great again, just bad.
                              @ #SmallhandsGatefan Read comments, kinda boring. Nothing to see there really, just more hot air.
                              House of Cards deals with intrigue and backstabbing, and the political game. Mind you, I've only seen season 1 so I'm not up-to-date with that show.

Madam Secretary deals with the Secretary of State and the hoops she needs to jump through to get things done, and smooth things over when hell is about to break loose on a worldwide scale. It stars Téa Leoni and she rocks the part of Madam Secretary.

From TV.com:

So more like The West Wing?
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                Having no political experience is a plus in my book, considering the sorry state of Washington these days. We need someone who will ignore the "established rules", whether it's intentional or through ignorance.
                                Just like in art, in order to break the rules you need to know and understand them.
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X