This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Unfortunately, it looks like Belgium wasn't able to stick to its guns and has relented to the pressure from the globalists.
    Again, it wasn't Belgium that was blocking CETA. It was the government of Walloon, which is the southern French region of Belgium. Neither Flanders nor the German part was opposed.

We're like the United States of Belgium, and have a king instead of a president. We have independant governments and a federal one, and they can work independantly from each other, confusing our political landscape on a daily basis.

And the trade deal is signed, yes, but won't go into effect until all 100-something local goverments in Europe have signed in agreement. And even then, it might end up going back to the drawing board -- if there's a glitch like Magnette and the rest of his government glitched.

Why is it that you never hear the average working stiff say this?
    Because the average working stiff doesn't really care about where his goods or foods come from. They generally have other things to worry about then free trade deals.

Belgium, you're going to regret this.
    We rarely regret things -- we prefer moving forward than staying behind.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    so then does CETA also mean that 1) Monsanto will be able to do essentially whatever it wants in the EU 2) EU countries won't be able to stop the use of Monsanto's GMOs on their territories 3) Monsanto will be able to sue those countries that don't comply 4) those countries won't be able to sue Monsanto for any business/safety reason?
    Bayer, which is already a European compnay, bought Monsanto.
    So, they'll be under Bayer rule and regulations.

And herein lies the rub. Depending upon how you count, 60-70% of US workers don't have a college degree.
    Because the average working stiff can't afford your higher education.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I will agree with anyone about the evil and uselessness of teachers
    Nola will smack you from the great beyond.

anyone here still think this wasn't planned?
    Comey might have killed his career but his timing is somewhat suspicious.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Definitely planned, the timing just stinks. Now who's pocket is the FBI director in?
    The republicans - that's no secret I think.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    While I agree -in theory- with this assessment, Education by and large produces more ways to offset it's costs via reducing the dependence on Welfare and placing people in jobs less likely to be overrun by automation, creating a more stable tax stream for the government. War OTOH, tends to merely cost the taxpayer money with little to no financial gain (at the individual taxpayer level).
    What he said.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

the timing just stinks. Now who's pocket is the FBI director in?
      always was an easy guess

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Comey might have killed his career but his timing is somewhat suspicious.
      he's FBI & can't be fired so he's safe

So, they'll be under Bayer rule and regulations.
      and lemme guess ain't nothing legal the citizens can do to prevent this right? (boycott etc.)

Comment

he's FBI & can't be fired so he's safe
        He can still be urged to resign.

and lemme guess ain't nothing legal the citizens can do to prevent this right? (boycott etc.)
        No, I meant that Bayer, as a European company, has to adhere to the rules and regulations of the European Union. If and when they want to distribute Monsanto products, they still have to adhere to those rules. Unless, they take their Monsanto line somewhere else where the rules are less strict.

Comment

The republicans - that's no secret I think.

Yeah I have to wonder. The timing is just too stinky. Why isn't anyone calling anyone out about this as corruption?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

He can still be urged to resign.
            true power is never relinquished - he'll easily resist the urges
            No, I meant that Bayer, as a European company, has to adhere to the rules and regulations of the European Union.
            that was before - now it's the other way around (no surprise they support CETA)

besides now that "monsanto" is european guess what, is it easier for the EU to counter a foreign company or an european company? which of the two will have more leverage in the EU?

Comment

besides now that "monsanto" is european guess what, is it easier for the EU to counter a foreign company or an european company? which of the two will have more leverage in the EU?
              Bayer wants to reach the American market with the Monsanto buy, so who knows what they'll do.
              Also CETA is between Europe and Canada. TTIP, between America and Europe, is dead in the water at the moment. The US has way too many demands Europe won't allow for.

Comment

Yeah I have to wonder. The timing is just too stinky. Why isn't anyone calling anyone out about this as corruption?
                Prosecution of wrongdoing by govt. officials is not corruption, it is prosecuting corruption.

The real scandal here is why the heck isn't she in prison already. Answer of course is that the current (democratic) administration has been running interference for her for years.

Comment

The real scandal here is why the heck isn't she in prison already. Answer of course is that the current (democratic) administration has been running interference for her for years.
                  Because there's nothing to make a case with.

Comment

Bayer wants to reach the American market with the Monsanto buy, so who knows what they'll do.
                    Also CETA is between Europe and Canada. TTIP, between America and Europe, is dead in the water at the moment. The US has way too many demands Europe won't allow for.
                    Bayer is a multinational so no prob for them

btw about Comey I'll add, even if he loses his job (which he can't) Trump will just reinstate him

yeah man lots of interference except where it would matter the most ie. the fact that the Gestapo FBI is reopening the case just at the right moment
                    but apparently this sort of pro-Trump interference still ain't enough for the Trumpeters

ps. although this FBI interference was planned by Trump a long time ago, I suspect that he could've won even without it

Comment

Prosecution of wrongdoing by govt. officials is not corruption, it is prosecuting corruption.
                      When prosecution becomes a political plaything, i'm not so sure. And with the on/off relationship with Clinton, i'm wondering just how vulnerable the FBI is to party politics. And i mean both republican and democrat influence. Now the FBI is reopening the investigation based on...what? Well it seems like it's based on nothing.

Because she's in the sweet (or well, more like sour) spot where she (at least according to FBI judgement) did not do something so horribly wrong that it requires punishment, but also didn't quite do something right.

It's a sweet spot that guarantees the most hatred, because it goes against our sense of judgement regardless of whether that judgement is actually right.

Comment

btw about Comey I'll add, even if he loses his job (which he can't) Trump will just reinstate him

yeah man lots of interference except where it would matter the most ie. the fact that the Gestapo FBI is reopening the case just at the right moment
                        but apparently this sort of pro-Trump interference still ain't enough for the Trumpeters

ps. although this FBI interference was planned by Trump a long time ago, I suspect that he could've won even without it
                        The fly in your ointment is that the FBI falls under the Executive branch. Which political party has control of that branch?
                        As I understand it, most of the actual investigators thought Hillary should be charged, but management chose not to press charges. What do you think the odds are that the White House ordered the FBI not to take action?

Comment

As I understand it, most of the actual investigators thought Hillary should be charged, but management chose not to press charges. What do you think the odds are that the White House ordered the FBI not to take action?
                          I'm going to put a fly in your ointment. Obama believes Comey isn't deliberately sticking a stick in America's democracy with this new investigation at such a crucial time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            Free tuition for all students would cost $80 billion, over ten years.

That's roughly what eight months of war in Iraq cost.

Free tuition isn't out of reach. It's not impossible. But the US would rather spend the money to kill people far away than help their own citizens..
                            While true, Taxes for Defense of the nation is PART OF our constitution/rule of laws. Taxes to give everyone free college education is not.

Have you noticed that none of them are pressing charges, nor attempting to sue him?
                            In fact, the only person threatening to sue is Trump.
                            YEs i have, and that makes you wonder why if they are not able to bring charges (due to statue of limitation running out for some) then WHAT WAS the purpose of bring these claims up if NOT TO smear him and ruin his election chances??

And yet, for -every- accusation of pay to play revealed by the emails, there is no evidence anyone got more than a meeting, and oftentimes, not even that.
                            SO you don't consider say the King of Monaco giving the Clinton foundation 12 million, an then later getting arms from the US, as evidence?

The Destruction is directly tied to emails, and I am not sure what "lying to congress" you are referring to, can you be more specific please.
                            How many times did she, when being questioned in those hearings say "I never had classified emails on my server/i never sent them by emails'"

THAT is what i am on about.

Comment

The fly in your ointment is that the FBI falls under the Executive branch. Which political party has control of that branch?
                              not the Democratic party apparently since their recent actions prove, they abstained from any further investigation until the most propitious moment (for Trump)

no fly, just your democracy's being SWATted

What do you think the odds are that the White House ordered the FBI not to take action?
                              what do you think the odds are that the FBI didn't care? ha yes, 100%. they got the guns they can do what they want
                              what are the odds that the FBI - the enemy of the People - wants Trump elected? wait this one ain't new, always was 100%
                              this was planned long ago (ever since the FBI pretended to abandon all investigation into this)

Comment

I'm going to put a fly in your ointment. Obama believes Comey isn't deliberately sticking a stick in America's democracy with this new investigation at such a crucial time.
                                What is my nickname for the current occupant of the White House? Lying Sack of Shiznit.
                                How does anyone know what he believes? He wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and smacked him upside the head.

Comment

Working...
                                X