This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Sorry.. couldn't resist on highlighting that environmental bit.. ..

Addendum to FH's notes...
    The UN already acts as an international guidance for all countries to follow regulatory rules, which our USA gov't agencies update(s) certain regulations annually for the DOT (ground vehicles/choo-choo train) to be in sync with the harmonization of (international) IATA (air) and IMDG (shipping vessel) rules. When the compliance experts are in doubt with USA regs, they sometimes consult the UN guidebook if something is in question. IATA (air) and IMDG (vessel) also consult with the international rules from the UN's guidebook. So, the UN's paws are already involved, whether people realize it or not or *want* it or not.
    I don't think there is any enforcement teeth to the existing involvement. What I was referring to is language in the TPP and the recent climate scam subjects US companies to punitive measures dictated by the UN or some other outside power. That is unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I don't think there is any enforcement teeth to the existing involvement. What I was referring to is language in the TPP and the recent climate scam subjects US companies to punitive measures dictated by the UN or some other outside power. That is unacceptable.
      Do you think US sanctions are a viable threat?
      Better question, do you have the right to impose them?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
        And who was responsible for breaking GW Or,shall we just blame Trump?
        Did it break again?
        I didn't notice anything.

It was broken last week, true. Updates and the likes had to happen, right when I was bored at work too.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        OR how they seem to always stupidly put countries with the WORST human rights records around, ON THE Human rights councils, and other such idiocy..
        LOL!! Saudia Arabia on the Women's Council -- that was funny.

But the US shouldn't complain about that, you're not known for having great human rights either.

Except that the Paris Accord doesn't have punitive measures -- it's not even binding.

And TPP took years to negotiate, plenty of time to make it good for all -- so when Trump declares a trade agreement will be made soon with the UK he shows once again he clearly has no clue what he's talking about.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'll make a deal, I'll make the best deal, the biggest, the most beautiful, most luxuriant deal ever!!
          I have 21, just look at my dealing skills...........

Sir, we are playing Poker!!

FAKE NEWS!!
          sigpic

Comment

I fear for GFs sanity, he appears to be channeling Trump
            sigpic

Comment

His sanity is quite safe.

Actually, the only way to keep it safe is to channel that oof once in a while.

Comment

GF and the rest of the left in general went 'round the bend on a Wed. morning last november, their sanity never to be seen again.

Comment

Unlike the right who did it back in the 80's.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Unlike the right who did it back in the 80's.
                    ?? The eighties was the Reagan era, the right was ecstatic.
                    We had a problem in 2008, though. But we handled it better than the left is nowdays.

Comment

LOL, and in the meantime the approval ratings keep falling. The rest of the world is leaving the US behind, and the mess in the WH is becoming a running gag.

America -- leader of the free world no more.

Comment

Don't worry. He is going on vacation. Let's laugh at his hypocrisy
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          LOL, and in the meantime the approval ratings keep falling. The rest of the world is leaving the US behind, and the mess in the WH is becoming a running gag.

America -- leader of the free world no more.
                          Well, children have their delusions. I'm the first to admit that the current administration appears to have gone off the rails. And may have in fact done so.

But underneath the crap, he is trying and in some cases having success in carrying out his agenda. Could his VP do it better? By this point, apparently.
                          But he has seated one SCOTUS judge that is firmly on the right, and may get another. He has also nominated and confirmed other judicial positions. Again and again I point out that with the White House and both houses of Congress in Republican hands, the judiciary is going to be by far the most important, most influential and most durable aspect of the Trump administration. That alone is worth putting up with a lot of circus sideshow crap.

He is also trying to reform our broken immigration system. Although I'm not 100% behind his latest trial balloon, it's a good step in the right direction.

There are other fronts he's making progress on, but you know them as well as I do, you just think he's going the wrong way. No point in rehashing them here.

And, maybe....
                          The circus sideshow is a distraction to keep attention away from the agenda?

But at the very end of the day, if somebody like that tinpot over in NK starts really misbehaving, do you really think we won't be the leader of the free world?

Comment

?? The eighties was the Reagan era, the right was ecstatic.
                            We had a problem in 2008, though. But we handled it better than the left is nowdays.
                            Very true. The only recent elections to be challenged, it was always the DEMs doing the challenging.

Comment

Wheres he going for a holiday, Mexico?
                              sigpic

Comment

I guess being a sanctuary city doesn't come cheap.

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years

Illegal immigrant families received nearly $1.3 billion in Los Angeles County welfare money during 2015 and 2016, nearly one-?quarter of the amount spent on the county’s entire needy population, according to data obtained by Fox News.

The data was obtained from the county Department of Public Social Services -- which is responsible for doling out the benefits -- and gives a snapshot of the financial costs associated with sanctuary and related policies.
                                And how much did the taxpayers that coughed up that 1.3 Billion miss that money?

I sincerely hope Trump finds a way to cut off any and all federal payments to that county. If they want to be so generous, let them do it on their own dime.

Comment

Working...
                                X