Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look most conspiracy theories, I think you have taken one fact and exaggerated it to absurd proportions
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Jel, hush and eat ya popcorn
      sigpic

Comment

I ate it all. Go make me more so we can laugh at Annoyed
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Good luck with this one. Here's a hint: It ain't gonna fly.

Kaepernick supporters call for NFL boycott

As far as I'm concerned, the NFL lost any semblance of legitimacy a few years back when they failed to strip the championship from the N.E. Patriots after they had been found to be cheating in the playoffs.

But this stunt is going to backfire, and badly. What are we going to read after this boycott attempt has little to no effect whatsoever?

Controversial quarterback Colin Kaepernick deserves a chance to continue his NFL career, his supporters said Saturday.

Those backers include the NAACP and current and former members of the New York City Police Department, including famed corruption fighter Frank Serpico.

Kaepernick has been struggling to find a new team since opting out of his contract after last season.

His backers say NFL team owners have blackballed Kaepernick because he staged a one-man protest last season on behalf of African-Americans and other minorities – by kneeling instead of standing for the national anthem before each week’s game.

But critics have said his refusal to stand for “The Star-Spangled Banner” has been disrespectful to the nation and its service members.
          His supporters defended him Saturday.

The NAACP called for a boycott of NFL games until Kaepernick gets an equal opportunity at making a roster for the upcoming season.

“There will be no football in the state of Georgia if Colin Kaepernick is not on a training camp roster and given an opportunity to pursue his career,” Gerald Griggs of the Atlanta NAACP told Fox 5.

Riggs warned that if Kaepernick remains unsigned to a deal as of 5 p.m. Sept. 17, “We are going to have the world’s largest tailgate, and that tailgate will not go into Mercedes-Benz Stadium.” (Riggs was referring to the new $1.6 billion home of the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons.)

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            If Whitney pulled the FB post down on her own, fine, her business.
            But I rather suspect the airline mgmt. got a hold of FB and had them remove it.
            If that's the case, that's the part that people ought to pay attention to.
            Here's the facebook post which tagged Frontier so they knew it was there. However, doesn't mean it got censored:

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They felt threatened cause customers were complaining? Jeez, havent they got a safe space to go to? Maybe after the plane has taken off
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I ate it all. Go make me more so we can laugh at Annoyed
                I made more, wonder if bacon popcorn would catch on
                sigpic

Comment

The skeptic in me says we aren't getting the whole story. Think about. All you have is a passenger emotional anger and the the standard legal release from the company. It's not hard to believe that all the information is being released.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It is Bacon Lover's Day
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

*hugs bacon*

Same with every story lately, its clickbait
                      sigpic

Comment

*eats pookey's bacon*

You're probably right. People like to make rash judgements without the facts
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, i am one
                          HEY *shakes fist, impotently*
                          sigpic

Comment

The skeptic in me says we aren't getting the whole story. Think about. All you have is a passenger emotional anger and the the standard legal release from the company. It's not hard to believe that all the information is being released.
                            There's always more to the story, but I doubt we'll hear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              There's always more to the story, but I doubt we'll hear about it.
                              Its probably Facebook censoring information from us
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Its probably Facebook censoring information from us
                                Could be, but sometimes people do delete their own post because of what sort of comments they get.
                                I just think that there's more to the story that Whitney's not telling in the FB-post.

Kinda like how my cousin got hives on vacation in Austria a couple of weeks ago, telling the rest of us it was allergies acting up, but this weekend her brother added that it hadn't been allergies but that it was probably a panic attack since her boyfriend had nearly drowned during their rafting trip. So, that put a whole different spin on the story.

Comment

Working...
                                X