This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I don't know but it's not the far-right one that won. I'm close, right?
    Yep.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I think that is why he said could. Given MG past posts, I don't know think he consider Trump a good businessman either. I seem to recall him saying choosing Trump or Clinton was like chosing a heart attack or cancer.
      yeah tell me about it....or a choice of rock or hard place

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        given a choice between you or fly??
        What are your kids ages? If old enough, we can start teaching them AD&D and Battle tech!!

Though, you'll have to point the insults out to me cause while I'm very opinionated (just ask Tood) I have yet to truly insult the USA.

Politics, economy, sociology, ... that's open season.
        But if you are insulting our politics, our sociology, and voters who put trump in office, you ARE in essence insulting the USA..

But let's also remember that your new president just finished an armsdeal, which he was boasting about, with the same people who send out 11 of those 19 hijackers, aka Saudi Arabia (also not on the list of dangerous countries).
        And i have berrated him for doing so.. IMO Saudi can get swallowed up by the earth, and intombed for centuries, for all i care (along with NK and Iran).

So, you aprrove of violence against journalists?
        Oppression of opponents?
        What violence against journalists are there?? Oppression of opponents? SO far the only oppression and violence i see is TOWARDS trump and his supporters...
        And as far as Trump oppressing people. Where? Did he send the IRS to go after liberal groups like Obama had the IRS do against conservative groups?
        Has he told the EPA to go after citizens trying to collect rain water on their own property like obama did?

Again. NO.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        I agree that a businessman could be a good president since most businessmen are fairly adept at balancing the budgets they run their businesses on....however I'm also sympathetic to the misgivings inherent in having this businessman be the super-rich corporatist type
        And imo TILL Congress gets its head out of their own asses, and PASS A PROPERLY balanced budget, a FULL YEAR One, not the continuing resolution bull crap they have been doing for 8+ years, THEY SHOULDN'T GET BLOODY WELL PAID>>

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
          Yep.
          Yes!

European politics gets swallowed so often by other politics, that it's sometimes hard to keep track what's happening around here on our side of the pond. Of course, Macron and Merkel have been taking a lot of airwaves lately.

Also, a sidenote LOL at the PM of Ireland who surprised Justin Trudeau with a pair of Canada socks. Trudeau is rapidly spreading the crazy-sock hype.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          What are your kids ages? If old enough, we can start teaching them AD&D and Battle tech!!
          Never too early to start with the geek-festing.

But if you are insulting our politics, our sociology, and voters who put trump in office, you ARE in essence insulting the USA.
          Again, please point out the insults?

What violence against journalists are there??
          Do you know what a stroboscope image does to a person suffering from epileptic seizures?

If not, try looking at what happened to Kurt Eichenwald in December last year. A reporter.

Or the death threats other journalists receive when speaking up. Plenty to choose from, and you really don't have to look too far for it either.

Oppression of opponents?
          Let's see, there was a Republican who came out and said he was not going to vote in favor of the TrumpDontCare act. Next thing he knows there's a sponsored campaign running on Twitter, pressuring him to vote yes.

Anyone who doesn't agree with Trump's wishes, is bound to end up in a less than desirable position. And these guys are all about protecting their precious positions.

SO far the only oppression and violence i see is TOWARDS trump and his supporters.
          You should diversify your sources a little more, and you'll notice it goes both ways.

And as far as Trump oppressing people. Where? Did he send the IRS to go after liberal groups like Obama had the IRS do against conservative groups?
          Dude, read the fricking timeline on the IRS-thing and get yourself informed:

The Timeline of IRS Targeting Of Conservative Groups

It's an article by Forbes so if you're using an add-blocker you're not gonna get access. I circumvented the problem by opening the article in Internet Explorer (which I never use otherwise so no block in place).

Has he told the EPA to go after citizens trying to collect rain water on their own property like obama did?
          Err... Trump put a guy in charge who actively opposes the EPA.

And imo TILL Congress gets its head out of their own asses, and PASS A PROPERLY balanced budget, a FULL YEAR One, not the continuing resolution bull crap they have been doing for 8+ years, THEY SHOULDN'T GET BLOODY WELL PAID>>
          LOL!!

These are people you voted for, remember.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

re: Trump - I agree that a businessman could be a good president since most businessmen are fairly adept at balancing the budgets they run their businesses on....however I'm also sympathetic to the misgivings inherent in having this businessman be the super-rich corporatist type

If I was to vote for a businessman to be president I'd rather it be the kind of businessman adept at running the kind of small businesses that once made this country an economic powerhouse and would also likely have his finger on the pulse of the average citizen's desires and needs and whatnot because of the small business owner's daily interactions with the average citizen customer base
            We have to take what we can get, though. A small businessman wouldn't have the $ to make a credible run, particularly if he didn't have the financial backing of the RNC, which, in Trumps case was not a foregone conclusion. If you recall, one of Trump's pluses was that he could tell the RNC to take a flying leap if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              We have to take what we can get, though. A small businessman wouldn't have the $ to make a credible run, particularly if he didn't have the financial backing of the RNC, which, in Trumps case was not a foregone conclusion. If you recall, one of Trump's pluses was that he could tell the RNC to take a flying leap if needed.
              I also wouldn't recommend an average citizen jump right into the deep end of the US presidency as their first foray into the political arena either

if I was to ever go into the political arena (not likely....too many darn headaches in that job ) I would probably go for lower-level offices first, like local town/city supervisor or mayor then work my way up from there, scrimping and saving my salary so that should I eventually feel ready to tackle the office for the US presidency...I could make a credible run....perhaps with no flashy fancy ads....just regular TV ads...which hopefully would help my image as "one of the regular people"

Comment

It's an article by Forbes so if you're using an add-blocker you're not gonna get access. I circumvented the problem by opening the article in Internet Explorer (which I never use otherwise so no block in place).

That article makes garhkal's point better than it does yours.
                And as far as the EPA goes, that overgrown leviathan needs to be gutted.

Comment

yeah tell me about it....or a choice of rock or hard place
                  I have heard that from some. My problem is how Trump is getting more support from "conservatives" than Bush Jr. ever did. And why exactly conservatives turn against him? The war in Iraq? Let's be real here, most conservatives would have made the same exact choice. Torture and spying on Americans? Same as the war in Iraq, most conservatives at the time would have made the same choice. All you have to do is dig up the older political threads and do a key word search for torture and you'll find that American Conservative posters were defending the practice.

Was it because he wasn't eloquent enough or had a habit of trying to open the wrong doors? At least he knew where on the map he was located in!

Where are all the #nevertrump people? SGalisa already thinks he's the second coming, and just about everyone in the GOP is singing his praises and rushing to defend him no matter what he says or does (or doesn't say or do). And not just the politicians.

So what exactly elevates Trump above Bush Jr. that merits that amount of loyalty that wasn't given to what was a much better president? Trump could declare war on Iraq, give out a major bailout, and kick a puppy while having sex in public with a prostitute and every single TV personality and politician that leans right would rush to his defense while his wife and family insures everyone that they fully support him.

But Bush opens the wrong door in China and all of a sudden conservatives disown him...
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes!

European politics gets swallowed so often by other politics, that it's sometimes hard to keep track what's happening around here on our side of the pond. Of course, Macron and Merkel have been taking a lot of airwaves lately.

Also, a sidenote LOL at the PM of Ireland who surprised Justin Trudeau with a pair of Canada socks. Trudeau is rapidly spreading the crazy-sock hype.
                    Plus, Austrian or generally European politics is mostly not that interesting... for me at least. Trump's antics are much more funny. (and/or worrying )
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes!

Never too early to start with the geek-festing.

Again, please point out the insults?

Do you know what a stroboscope image does to a person suffering from epileptic seizures?

If not, try looking at what happened to Kurt Eichenwald in December last year. A reporter.

Or the death threats other journalists receive when speaking up. Plenty to choose from, and you really don't have to look too far for it either.

Let's see, there was a Republican who came out and said he was not going to vote in favor of the TrumpDontCare act. Next thing he knows there's a sponsored campaign running on Twitter, pressuring him to vote yes.

Anyone who doesn't agree with Trump's wishes, is bound to end up in a less than desirable position. And these guys are all about protecting their precious positions.

You should diversify your sources a little more, and you'll notice it goes both ways.

LOL!!

These are people you voted for, remember.
                      Macron...just another "a" and another "i" in the right places and he'd (she'd?) be named after a popular pasta shape

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
                        Plus, Austrian or generally European politics is mostly not that interesting... for me at least. Trump's antics are much more funny. (and/or worrying )
                        as far as I'm concerned...in the political world...EVERYONE'S crazy

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          I have heard that from some. My problem is how Trump is getting more support from "conservatives" than Bush Jr. ever did. And why exactly conservatives turn against him? The war in Iraq? Let's be real here, most conservatives would have made the same exact choice. Torture and spying on Americans? Same as the war in Iraq, most conservatives at the time would have made the same choice. All you have to do is dig up the older political threads and do a key word search for torture and you'll find that American Conservative posters were defending the practice.

Was it because he wasn't eloquent enough or had a habit of trying to open the wrong doors? At least he knew where on the map he was located in!

Where are all the #nevertrump people? SGalisa already thinks he's the second coming, and just about everyone in the GOP is singing his praises and rushing to defend him no matter what he says or does (or doesn't say or do). And not just the politicians.

So what exactly elevates Trump above Bush Jr. that merits that amount of loyalty that wasn't given to what was a much better president? Trump could declare war on Iraq, give out a major bailout, and kick a puppy while having sex in public with a prostitute and every single TV personality and politician that leans right would rush to his defense while his wife and family insures everyone that they fully support him.

But Bush opens the wrong door in China and all of a sudden conservatives disown him...
                          I did not need that image in my head
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

That big of a change in budget in one year would have a massive negative effect on the economy as a whole. I'm not saying we shouldn't move in that direction, but too much too quick would be just as bad as ignoring the problem while continuing to use it to score political points (which is most of what both parties are doing now).

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                              That big of a change in budget in one year would have a massive negative effect on the economy as a whole. I'm not saying we shouldn't move in that direction, but too much too quick would be just as bad as ignoring the problem while continuing to use it to score political points (which is most of what both parties are doing now).
                              How long have they been kicking the can down the road already?
                              Sometimes the addict just has to go cold turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                How long have they been kicking the can down the road already?
                                Sometimes the addict just has to go cold turkey.
                                An adict going cold turky just prompts some very bad shakes, and pain for a short period of time without any real economic loss. It really depends what you want cut. If you go after anything other than welfare and military, you won't cut enough.

http://federal-budget.insidegov.com/...nding&s=47xnQz

The link shows you our spending per category. Scroll up and down for information such as revenues, what the deficit was and so on. In 2016 the deficit spending was at around $552 billion. The budget was $3.54 Trillion.
                                You would need to reduce the budget by 15.59%. That makes it easier for the math. Now would you touch Social Security/Unemployment/Labor? Also look at the revenue section.

So where would you take out? Or where would you collect money from? Or Combo? You could decrease some SS/Unemployment/Labor costs and increase Corporate tax...good luck on job creation though. Which means more people would need unemployment which you just cut!

Below is the projected budget for 2017 from the same source. Keep in mind that this does not take into account any budget that Trump wants to or may pass. It's based on Obama's work.
                                http://federal-budget.insidegov.com/...nding&s=47xnQz

EDIT:
                                https://www.missourinet.com/2017/06/...uis-ordinance/
                                Interesting find...But since I haven't heard of the site....I did more looking and found a different angle

http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/...s-way#stream/0

I think there's a lot of confusion in the air.
                                Last edited by aretood2; 05 July 2017, 05:55 PM.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X