This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Now i can understand if daddy is being forced to pay child support him having the argument that he should be also therefore involved in the kids life..
    BUT if no child support, then how in gods name do the courts allow the rapist to have access to the kid????

[...]

SO what do you all say? Should a rapist even be allowed to be part of the life of a kid his crime created? Should a woman raped, be able to claim child support for said kid, and if so does that therefore mean the rapist should have access?
    Daddy?!?

A man who rapes a woman, and there's a child as a result has no rights at all to that child. None, whatsoever. He is the biological father, but not the father. His intentions are purely selfish when he raped the woman, to inflict pain and fear, and to satisfy his rapist nature. There's nothing natural about that. Rape is a crime.

I mean, I can only imagine it, but a child born from rape is a constant reminder of the violent act which preceded its conception. Do you really want to add insult and have the spermdonor involved in its live?

Have you no consideration for the victim?

On that subject: have a more recent article that's more or less in the same line of your post, except that it deals with men sexually abusing minors and instead of getting punished, they punish the minors by allowing the men to go free should they marry the victims.

MPs in Turkey support bill allowing child rapists to go free if they marry their victim
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think you can predict my reaction to that. I want whatever it is they're smoking!

Comment

I think FH found a topic we can all agree on
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          No, I meant what I said as I said it. I don't want to see another Bush in there. This place is not supposed to be run by family dynasties.
          By that logic, FDR should have never been president. Spreken ze deutsch?
          Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I think FH found a topic we can all agree on

I'd be hard press to disagree. I mean, rape is no lesser than murder.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            By that logic, FDR should have never been president. Spreken ze deutsch?
            Jawohl, ich spreche ein klein bisschen Deutsch.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              What is scary about that group is that they are conning people into the cashless society. It's one of the perfect means of tracking and controlling people. Once everyone is cashless well guess what happens?
              You're preaching to the choir here brother, never would I willingly give up cash, it's worth it just to see peoples faces when you want to buy expensive stuff with it, half the time they don't know what to do.

Here anyway, there is also a rise in local currencies to try and keep money in the local economy, Bristol Pound, Lewes Pound etc. Against the predictions of many, they are proving popular and being very successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                You're preaching to the choir here brother, never would I willingly give up cash, it's worth it just to see peoples faces when you want to buy expensive stuff with it, half the time they don't know what to do.

Here anyway, there is also a rise in local currencies to try and keep money in the local economy, Bristol Pound, Lewes Pound etc. Against the predictions of many, they are proving popular and being very successful.

This one has more to do with technology and convenience. All the pros and cons that go with it too. I find it easier to simply give the cashier a card than to worry about dropping loose change everywhere and stopping at the bank fifty times a week to get more cash because God help me if I loose my wallet with all of my earnings in it. Cards can simply be canceled.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  What is scary about that group is that they are conning people into the cashless society. It's one of the perfect means of tracking and controlling people. Once everyone is cashless well guess what happens?
                  Annoyed starts handing out extra tight tinfoil hats?

Everything you do can be tracked. Drive a car? It's registration plate can be tracked. Fill up with gas? The unique mix used by each gas station gives away where you've been, whether you used cash or card. Even if you put on a disguise and filled up a can to transfer to your car (in a secret location) later.

Have a phone? Just turning it on gives away your location. Just the regular phone signal because it connects to phone towers, often more than one at a time. The strength of the signal at each tower can be used to triangulate your location.

Use a computer? ....I'm sure you get the point... Although this subject keeps coming up. What are you all so afraid of?

You know all that money you have in your bank account only really exists on paper. So whether you withdraw it as physical cash money or use a debit card doesn't really make a difference..
                  Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 19 November 2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

Like Disney dollars! Worthless outside the park.. And not everyone in the park accepts it.

Good old Company Scrip. Work in the city, spend your money in the city. No going elsewhere to get a better deal. Your money only has value in one place.

Good way to keep people under the control of the local government.

I thought all you tinfoil hats were against that kind of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      Like Disney dollars! Worthless outside the park.. And not everyone in the park accepts it.

Good old Company Scrip. Work in the city, spend your money in the city. No going elsewhere to get a better deal. Your money only has value in one place.

It's not an exclusive thing, and with Lewes, is nothing more than a big village operating the system, it is designed for local businesses like bakers and butchers to keep them in business and try to encourage people to support their local economy instead of driving to the out of town superstore to give their cash to the faceless multinational corporation.

Regarding cashless society, again at present we have choice, choice to use a card, or choice to use cash, I use both and nobody is saying credit/debit cards should be outlawed, quiet the oppersite in fact.

In both these examples the key word is choice, you have the choice whether you participate in either system, nobody is forcing you to use cash, and nobody forces you to use regional pounds, you can still pay by plastic if you want.

The core principle of the cashless society supporters is to take away your choice, restrict your free will, they want to remove cash from circulation and dictate that the only way to can participate in a transaction is to pay for it through their electronic payment system, so really, which side is it that wants to keep people under "control"?

I don't think it's the ones you think it is...

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Cards can simply be canceled.
                        I don't disagree with your sentiment, but what do you do now after you've lost your card, and are waiting for the replacement to arrive?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

This tinfoil hat prefers choice. I use a debit or credit card for convenience if I choose to, but I should ALWAYS have the choice to pay with cash if I so choose, for whatever reason.

Comment

Cash will go away by itself eventually.

Before that, it's pointless to try and ban it. People will simply resort to using other countries' currencies for interpersonal transactions or create scrips and gift cards and debt notes.

But as electronic payments expand, cash registers will begin to disappear simply because businesses will not want the burden and the costs of handling cash anymore. Those armored cars that take cash to the banks cost a pretty penny. And frankly, as a consumer, if I could pay with cards or, better yet, my phone for everything, there's no way I'd carry cash. So no-cash businesses will proliferate and the room to use cash will shrink until zero.
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Can't speak for other nations, but U.S. currency has this printing on it which states "This note is legal tender for all debts, public & private."
                              Like it or not, they have to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                This tinfoil hat prefers choice. I use a debit or credit card for convenience if I choose to, but I should ALWAYS have the choice to pay with cash if I so choose, for whatever reason.
                                Extreme paranoid delusions?

Secretive government departments set up solely to spy on you* (singular). Because you're just that interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X