This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    She thinks and looks different than us. Lets stone her. And not the good kind
    Amateur.
    I suggest the pear of Anguish
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Amateur.
      The pear of Anguish?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Amateur.
        The last time we did that I woke up in Tokyo and lost a weekend.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          The last time we did that I woke up in Tokyo and lost a weekend.

Comment

Can't you put a pea under her pillow?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              I
              Most people I know simply argue "I have nothing to hide so why should I worry" without realising the true implications of such laws being easily adaptable, the other argument I hear is "if it helps stop terrorism I'm all for it" completely oblivious that anybody up to no good wouldn't use the systems covered by the legislation anyway.
              And as i like saying "If people had nothing to hide there wouldn't be need for password protections, locks on your house etc..".

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              Its the same argument you get from the cashless society supporters, they're so blinded by the excitement and aparant benefits of the system, that they are completely oblivious to the other not-so-nice uses it can be used for.
              I would love to see those dunces all for a cashless society be in their OWN part of the world as a test bed, and then see what happens if/when the entire computer systems down there crash...

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              What is scary about that group is that they are conning people into the cashless society. It's one of the perfect means of tracking and controlling people. Once everyone is cashless well guess what happens?
              Which is why i DON'T support an all cashless society..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Have you no consideration for the victim?
              YEs i do. BUT i was only bringing the subject UP after seeing a news article on it.. NOT TAKING A STANCE one way or the other..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              On that subject: have a more recent article that's more or less in the same line of your post, except that it deals with men sexually abusing minors and instead of getting punished, they punish the minors by allowing the men to go free should they marry the victims.

MPs in Turkey support bill allowing child rapists to go free if they marry their victim
              SInce its Turkey, its imo not surprising one bit.. I take it that came from the MUSLIM side of turkey?

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              By that logic, FDR should have never been president. Spreken ze deutsch?
              IMO it should be 2 at MOST from any family tree.. so 2 bushes ' check'..
              1 clinton already, so if mamma tries again in 2020, or chelsea does down the road.. OK..
              3 or more.. NOT ON..

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

This one has more to do with technology and convenience. All the pros and cons that go with it too. I find it easier to simply give the cashier a card than to worry about dropping loose change everywhere and stopping at the bank fifty times a week to get more cash because God help me if I loose my wallet with all of my earnings in it. Cards can simply be canceled.
              Ever tried shopping when the networks/powers out?? Cant use your card..

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              Cash will go away by itself eventually.

Before that, it's pointless to try and ban it. People will simply resort to using other countries' currencies for interpersonal transactions or create scrips and gift cards and debt notes.

But as electronic payments expand, cash registers will begin to disappear simply because businesses will not want the burden and the costs of handling cash anymore. Those armored cars that take cash to the banks cost a pretty penny. And frankly, as a consumer, if I could pay with cards or, better yet, my phone for everything, there's no way I'd carry cash. So no-cash businesses will proliferate and the room to use cash will shrink until zero.
              Yes it may, but i hope i am long dead and buried before that day comes... I like me cash in my pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Can't speak for other nations, but U.S. currency has this printing on it which states "This note is legal tender for all debts, public & private."
                Like it or not, they have to take it.
                Right, so try and pay cash on Amazon. They are, after all, an American company.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  And as i like saying "If people had nothing to hide there wouldn't be need for password protections, locks on your house etc..".
                  And while you're at it, give me your credit card information. Got nothing to hide, right? While you're at it, your twitter username and password, same for Facebook, Gateworld, etc. Got nothing to hide right?

And then suddenly they dont like the idea anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    And while you're at it, give me your credit card information. Got nothing to hide, right? While you're at it, your twitter username and password, same for Facebook, Gateworld, etc. Got nothing to hide right?

And then suddenly they dont like the idea anymore.

But again what I don't get about this is why they are putting the onus on the telco or ISP to hold onto the data. Why can't the govt. do it if they want this so badly?

Comment

Australia does not keep content Co-co, they keep meta data.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

But again what I don't get about this is why they are putting the onus on the telco or ISP to hold onto the data. Why can't the govt. do it if they want this so badly?
                        Because they don't know how. Remember David Cameron's speech about how he planned to end all encryption? Someone taught him a scary sounding computer word and he was immediately against it.

The politicians also let police catch criminals instead of doing it themselves. When was the last time your local MP performed surgery on you when you were sick? It's an outrage!! How dare they leave things to people who know what they're doing?!!

Comment

Can't you put a pea under her pillow?
                          Sounds less dangerous than the pear of Anguish.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          SInce its Turkey, its imo not surprising one bit.. I take it that came from the MUSLIM side of turkey?
                          I'd say Turkey was pretty progressive, and it's from Erdogan's party.
                          I believe Turkey only has one side, with a few minorities thrown in for good measure, so I don't know what that has got to do with anything.

BUT...

Here's your Christian side having laws about it -- yes, I stumbled across a CNN documentary about rape victims having to share the kid with the "father":

'I have to text my rapist': Victims forced to parent with attackers

Trapped in a bad dream.

That's how an 18-year-old Noemi felt when she learned that she had no choice but to hand over her baby daughter to the man convicted of assaulting her.

Noemi's child was conceived in the assault, and Nebraska's laws on parental rights forced her to agree to court-sanctioned visits between her daughter and her attacker.

Comment

Australia does not keep content Co-co, they keep meta data.

Yes I know........ I thought I said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              Because they don't know how. Remember David Cameron's speech about how he planned to end all encryption? Someone taught him a scary sounding computer word and he was immediately against it.

The politicians also let police catch criminals instead of doing it themselves. When was the last time your local MP performed surgery on you when you were sick? It's an outrage!! How dare they leave things to people who know what they're doing?!!

There are government agencies capable of doing data collection. Why should the ISP or telco be made to do this?

I'm not in the UK so never heard any of the crap Cameron rabbits on about.

Comment

Because it goes through the ISP/Telco on the way to wherever, and the return traffic does also. From a technical standpoint, it is the logical collection point. As far as storage, yes, that should fall upon the government's shoulders, but why would the government assume that cost if they can foist it off on the ISP?

But on a larger scale, isn't even looking at my traffic presuming I'm guilty? If you ask me, no data should be recorded or viewed without a proper search warrant. This is a gross overstep of govt, authority, if you ask me.,

Comment

Working...
                                X