This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    No worries, he's already started his political suicide. He can take care of that, all on his own.
    counting your chickens much?

chances are he'll even win votes because of this

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    And you don't think obama is already trying to create that sort of unrest?
    that's why I mentioned wealth disparity (best way to create social unrest) Trump is a champion for that sort of thing

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      That makes sense, on the surface. But as thekillman pointed out, there's more too it. Take the CW for example. Pre Arrow and Pre The 100, there is no way I would even consider watching that channel, ever. So I take it out of my custom bundle. And I won't discover that channel for it's program that I've come to love. Or Sci Fi (When it was called that) if my parents didn't include it in their custom bundle, I would never have known about Stargate, they aren't sci fi fans at all.

That's the supermarket effect. You go in to buy bread and milk and you end up finding a new brand of cereal you'll enjoy plus a tasty cake to treat yourself. That cake and cereal helps subsidize the prices of the bread and milk. Imagine if The Flash had to slash its special effects budget? Would we get the same quality show? Or if Legends had to be cancelled from the get go because they'd have to slash the budget for wardrobe and settings. The 100 wouldn't have scenes in Space. In the end, my subsidizing of the CW during its time of programs that I didn't care for helped pay for programs I very much enjoy watching.
      Or the USA network's pitiful attempt to pick up "Airwolf" after CBS dropped it in the mid eighties. There's an example of trying to do something on too small a budget.

But the flaw in your theory is that the more popular stations, SciFi, USA, TNT, TBS & such already pull enough viewers/subscribers on their own strength; in fact, they are carrying the niche channels. So they won't be hurt by a la carte pricing. The only ones that are hurt are the ones that can't draw enough subscribers, the small fry.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Or the USA network's pitiful attempt to pick up "Airwolf" after CBS dropped it in the mid eighties. There's an example of trying to do something on too small a budget.

But the flaw in your theory is that the more popular stations, SciFi, USA, TNT, TBS & such already pull enough viewers/subscribers on their own strength; in fact, they are carrying the niche channels. So they won't be hurt by a la carte pricing. The only ones that are hurt are the ones that can't draw enough subscribers, the small fry.
        yeah starting to wonder if there was some discontinuity in the Airwolf series too....because at some point String's brother was evidently found and winds up as Airwolf's new pilot but String seemed to have disappeared....unless of course I happened to miss the episode detailing what happened to String after his brother was found *shrug*

Comment

So again it's all Obama's fault we have civil unrest. Yep Obama is to blame for everything.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Trump Proposes Term Limits for Congress

While the term limits idea is ok, and is very popular, in my view, we already have a mechanism for limiting terms in the form of the voting booth. But this should help him at the polls.

All of the above are good ideas.

But I can't help but wonder how long before and how he will manage to put his feet in his mouth over this.
            About time. I have often felt someone shouldn't be able to spend their darn near entire working life in federal office.. 20 years AT MOST should be more than enough. That includes local/state level too.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            They -are- good idea's, but the problem with them is, -who- is he going to ask, Congress.
            He will ask congress to limit it's own power and post political careers (which I don't think it is currently legal for a employer to do, no matter the job).

Congress would -never- pass such changes, and I think Trump is smart enough to know that.
            I agree. They will never go for anything that limits their power.. Such as iirc a bill put up around 14 or so years back, supposedly that would limit their ability to give themselves pay raises.. Didn't even make it TOO the floor for a vote if i remember rightly.

Comment

I agree. They will never go for anything that limits their power.. Such as iirc a bill put up around 14 or so years back, supposedly that would limit their ability to give themselves pay raises.. Didn't even make it TOO the floor for a vote if i remember rightly.
              Which begs the question.
              If you -know- that no one will give you want you are asking for, why are you asking for it at all?
              WHO is the audience for Trumps charade?
              If you think getting money out of politics is hard (the much loved Democratic line), how hard do you think it will be to ask a hostile congress to vote away what they consider their rights?

Will the real rubes please stand up............
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Which begs the question.
                If you -know- that no one will give you want you are asking for, why are you asking for it at all?
                WHO is the audience for Trumps charade?
                If you think getting money out of politics is hard (the much loved Democratic line), how hard do you think it will be to ask a hostile congress to vote away what they consider their rights?

Will the real rubes please stand up............
                I regard it like sex.. You never know if you will get something from the gal you are with, unless you do ask.
                BUT JUST cause you did ask, doesn't mean you will get it. Same here. Even if there is a slim to no chance of it happening, when we ask, there is a zero chance if you don't..

Comment

I regard it like sex.. You never know if you will get something from the gal you are with, unless you do ask.
                  BUT JUST cause you did ask, doesn't mean you will get it. Same here. Even if there is a slim to no chance of it happening, when we ask, there is a zero chance if you don't..
                  ummmm................
                  Bad comparison.
                  I get where you are coming from, the "unasked question" always gets a no, but that is -really- a bad way to put it dude.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    counting your chickens much?
                    No need to count, there are three chickens.
                    A white one, a brown one and a black one -- Eufrasie, Celie and Clara.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    So again it's all Obama's fault we have civil unrest. Yep Obama is to blame for everything.
                    It always is, and when it's not, it's Hillary's.

ummmm................
                    Bad comparison.
                    I get where you are coming from, the "unasked question" always gets a no, but that is -really- a bad way to put it dude.
                    Hey remember, Trump doesn't ask. He does cause he can.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey remember, Trump doesn't ask. He does cause he can.
                      I know that, I am not sure G-man realised how bad the comparison was.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know that, I am not sure G-man realised how bad the comparison was.
                        Oh... right... doh!
                        Clearly, neither did I.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          yeah starting to wonder if there was some discontinuity in the Airwolf series too....because at some point String's brother was evidently found and winds up as Airwolf's new pilot but String seemed to have disappeared....unless of course I happened to miss the episode detailing what happened to String after his brother was found *shrug*
                          The "discontinuity" was that seasons 1-3 were on CBS, who could afford the aerial effects and actors for the show. They cancelled it after 3 seasons, and USA network which at the time was a very low budget cable network who couldn't afford the actors let alone the aerial effects shots. The resulting show was an embarrassment to the franchise. Since they couldn't afford Jan Michael Vincent, Ernest Borgnine, Alex Cord or anybody else, Stringfellows's brother was "found" and took over pilot duties and other unknowns filled other roles. The effects shots were horrible, too.

30 years later, I'm still trying to forget season 4.

Comment

ummmm................
                            Bad comparison.

It might be, but it was the quickest comparison i could come up with..

It always is, and when it's not, it's Hillary's.
                            I thought it was always bush's fault..

Comment

That's a bit of a worry.

Bush is only responsible for what he was responsible for. For Example, I would not blame 9/11 on Bush.
                              sigpic

Comment

Pro's and Con's Annoyed. I just think that the Pro's outweigh the cons. And besides, the main channels aslo subsidize each other. Right now I am not watching anything on USA, yet I am paying for it. TNT only has The Last Ship. Sci Fi does have those 3 space shows.

The pattern this century is to blame everything on the president. Hillary is just getting a head start.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X