Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep your grubby mitts away from my eyes!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

But you were rolling them around the floor.. They're all covered in... stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        I don't drink tea

Also, I can fly
        but all Brits need tea to live
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          but all Brits need tea to live
          They transfuse the stuff in hospitals here. Our "blood types" are things like "Yorkshire" and "Earl Grey".

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Exactly. Or like another situation i saw first hand.. Kid got out of hand, parent grabbed his hand to STOP him hitting someone else.. by the time the cops got there, the rumor mill was that the parent had HIT the kid and bruised his hand/wrist.
            What ended up happening?

While yes in the past you can dregs up things like that, i am talking more on about current times/society.
            And yes i do know about some football fans rioting in the past few years.
            My point was that it means nothing special other than that there is a lot of frustration out there.

Just like if blacks go out to target whites, while shouting cracker, its rare anyone even tosses the word "hate crime" around, but a white shoots/hits a black, even if it was just "Cause he was there", Hate crime is one of the first things out the media's mouth..
            I'm sorry, I missed the part where a black guy went into a church and killed a bunch of white people because he wanted to kill white people. There isn't a problem with black people targeting "crackers" but yes I agree that people jump to conclusions too fast when a white person kills a black person. I'd be more concerned with cops killing unarmed white people if I were you.

Originally posted by Britta View Post
            They transfuse the stuff in hospitals here. Our "blood types" are things like "Yorkshire" and "Earl Grey".

Great Scot! So Picard was drinking blood the whole time?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Picard wasn't British
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Tea isn't blood, our blood is tea.

Understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/13/wo...my-corbyn.html

Looks like some folks in Great Britain want to try the easy path.

I know nothing of internal British politics, but I'm really not liking some things I see.

Government ownership of energy and transportation? Not good. Printing money to ease economic pressures? Always a cheap trick which will backfire.
                  And a "financial contribution" in order to vote in the party's business? Eeew.

What's going on in the land of the water filter?
                  Agreed. That looks just like bringing in illegals and giving them welfare etc, just so dem can get their vote.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  What ended up happening?
                  The cop arrested her, but released her after the store manager showed him the security footage..

I'm sorry, I missed the part where a black guy went into a church and killed a bunch of white people because he wanted to kill white people. There isn't a problem with black people targeting "crackers" but yes I agree that people jump to conclusions too fast when a white person kills a black person
                  You don't consider all the whites (and others) those thugs playing the "knock out game' being targeted?

Comment

Agreed. That looks just like bringing in illegals and giving them welfare etc, just so dem can get their vote.

Once again, how can a human being be in of him/herself be illegal?

The cop arrested her, but released her after the store manager showed him the security footage..
                    I didn't realize you could be arrested because some people claimed you committed a crime where there is enough room for doubt. Good to know.

You don't consider all the whites (and others) those thugs playing the "knock out game' being targeted?

You mean all of those immigrants and Jews who are the victims? It seems more indiscriminate than anything. You might as well call all criminals racists.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Once again, how can a human being be in of him/herself be illegal?
                      I agree. Call them illegal immigrants if you want, just don't call them illegal.

Comment

Britta is illegal. That's because Britta is only an object
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Britta is above mortal laws.

Comment

I understand, on the surface, it does appear that future votes are the motivation for soft stances on illegals from the Democrats. But maybe that's a smokescreen.

Consider the very large number of Republicans who are also soft on illegals. They certainly can't be expecting to lock up those future voters. Their motivation is their corporate overlords who want to enjoy cheap labor for their business interests. A ready supply of workers who will work cheap applies downward pressure on wages for all workers at the lower ends of ladder, and this adds nicely to the balance sheets of the companies who employ them.

But, a lot of Democrats are just as beholden to these same corporate interests, as that is where they obtain money for their campaigns. Perhaps with some of them, this is their primary motivation, rather than the attempt to build a permanent lock on the electorate.

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                              When I am installed as Benevolent Dictator, then you may put my name on the country.
                              Hmmm.. Brittania. That's gonna require an awful lot of history books to be rewritten.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                I understand, on the surface, it does appear that future votes are the motivation for soft stances on illegals from the Democrats. But maybe that's a smokescreen.

Consider the very large number of Republicans who are also soft on illegals. They certainly can't be expecting to lock up those future voters. Their motivation is their corporate overlords who want to enjoy cheap labor for their business interests. A ready supply of workers who will work cheap applies downward pressure on wages for all workers at the lower ends of ladder, and this adds nicely to the balance sheets of the companies who employ them.

But, a lot of Democrats are just as beholden to these same corporate interests, as that is where they obtain money for their campaigns. Perhaps with some of them, this is their primary motivation, rather than the attempt to build a permanent lock on the electorate.
                                As for votes from immigrants, I challenge the view that they would be liberal. Let's take a look at some numbers:

Ronald Reagan convinced 1 out of 3 Hispanics to vote for him both times. George W. Bush, on reelection one 44% of the Hispanic vote. That's when liberals loathed him. But if you poll Hispanic voters and ask about republican vs democratic parties. 61% (2012) don't think that the Republican party really cares about Hispanics all that much. So you can see why they wouldn't vote for them. I mean, would you vote for someone who doesn't care about you? In 2004 it was 44%. In 8 years trust in conservatives (not just the RNC) skyrocketed. Also, xenophobic sounding rhetoric skyrocketed in that time period too.

As for how important immigration is to Hispanics, it ranks in 5th place. You see, language is an interesting thing. Words have meaning that convey messages, images, emotions, beliefs, and so on. Each word means something. You use certain words to convey certain messages. Language is filled with specific words that mean specific things. So when you say "illegals" and not "illegal immigrants" it's not political incorrectness...it's simply a word that means "Wrong, bad, awful, to be done away with, abomination" and it doesn't speak to a person's actions, just to a person itself.

And when these people happen to be Hispanic you start to run into unfortunate implications. Because it doesn't stop with the people who are illegally here. You attack the language, the culture, and make them "dirty." English only laws (A massive waste of time given that 25% of Hispanics don't speak Spanish and that number is growing) further that message. Words do matter, because they happen to be the only way we communicate (Until we get telepathy).

There are many conservative minded Hispanics who would love to vote for conservatives. The problem is that the message they are getting from conservatives is "You're rats, you have drugs in your caffs, you should be shot in sight, you're rapists, your language hurts my ears, your language is an abomination, this is America and you're not American, Your culture is bad, go away, go back to Mexico" and so on.

Many Hispanics are pro-life. Many don't like the way they are taxed. Many favor small government considering that they don't trust government thanks to Latin American governments that are Communist, Big, Not limited by enlightened constitutions, intrusive, or corrupt...or any combination. Many are socially conservative. Many don't like the idea of out of control government spending. Most border patrol agents are Hispanic... And so on.

I'm not saying open up the borders nice, but saying that pregnant women who are illegally in the nation are "multiplying rats" is not right. I mean...the last person who called human beings rats was...um...a monster who lead an army of monsters. So yes, Hispanics have good reason to not trust republicans. How about you drop the filthy language and treat Hispanics like humans who are smart enough to know when the DNC is using them?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X