This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Who do you think works in the film industry?
    Illegals, they are going anyway........
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Illegals, they are going anyway........
      Nope, if the illegals go too than Hollywood is doomed cause they actually can't find enough people to work in the industry it seems:

Hollywood Is Running Out of Tombstones

Article from april 2016 about the shortage of studio space and workforce to go with it.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        An entire industry which ups and leaves -- yeah, that's hundrerds of thousands of unemployed Californians which work in the film industry.

I thought Trump wanted to create jobs?

I thought he wanted to build a great wall around America.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          No, you misunderstand.. the people must leave.. so there wouldn't be unemployed Californians.

What do you think Silicon Valley and Hollywood are? Industries that only employ robots?
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

FH had posted that there would be an unemployment problem. There wouldn't be. If, as was originally suggested, the Hollywood elites take the rest of the Californians with them when they leave, there wouldn't be people left to be unemployed.

Comment

FH had posted that there would be an unemployment problem. There wouldn't be. If, as was originally suggested, the Hollywood elites take the rest of the Californians with them when they leave, there wouldn't be people left to be unemployed.
              I could take this a lot more literally than intended and point out how that still wouldn't matter...but I think the joke ran its course.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

*waits for someone to say "That was a joke?"*

Comment

And Randy Quaid and his wife could come back, so there would be two
                  sigpic

Comment

I knew things were bad in the USA food industry, I did not realize just how bad.

Read at your own risk, especially if you are American.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      I knew things were bad in the USA food industry, I did not realize just how bad.

That is one reason why I'm strongly agains TTIP. Europe has MUCH higher standards in food quality and control. I don't need that American crap on my plate.
                      sigpic

Comment

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

I don't know if this is irony...but most Americans wouldn't mind regulations on this to the level of say....Israel. However, since the vast majority agree...it's not an emotionally driven issue therefore it has little political value for our lawmakers. The feeling is that you can't get reelected running on the notion that "I made sure your food is actually the food you think it is and not an alternative fraudulent sustenance" as much as "I am ending gun violence/protecting the 2nd amendment" even though nothing is done on that matter.

But when lawmakers have tried going after this issue, lobbyists attack in droves. And without sufficient public outrage, they back down and stop with the lawmaking.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

fake food fraud? what else to expect from capitalism?
                            of course they don't regulate it (they're too busy regulating women's reproductive rights)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              fake food fraud? what else to expect from capitalism?
                              of course they don't regulate it (they're too busy regulating women's reproductive rights)

Fake women too considering the number that have fake body parts and such added to their bodies .....
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

But when lawmakers have tried going after this issue, lobbyists attack in droves. And without sufficient public outrage, they back down and stop with the lawmaking.
                                The solution to this is to take money out of politics. Public financing of campaigns for all candidates who meet minimum level of support on their own (petition signatures, etc.)
                                And then ban any and all financial (or other forms of compensation, monetary or not) contributions to politicians.

But of course, that will never happen. These politicians aren't going to vote to cut their own throats, regardless of what the public wants.

Comment

Working...
                                X