Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its human nature, people will step over and on anybody to get the big bucks, it will never change
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      The funny thing is that he's not joking...

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        I knew things were bad in the USA food industry, I did not realize just how bad.

Read at your own risk, especially if you are American.

So Kobe steak could be Waygu...... But over here in Australia some food chains promote Waygu as being good.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          The solution to this is to take money out of politics. Public financing of campaigns for all candidates who meet minimum level of support on their own (petition signatures, etc.)
          Public financing comes out of your tax money, you know.

Seriously though, such laws are hard to enforce. The V15 campaign that the US state department financed against Netanyahu in Israel's last elections is a prime example of how this kind of laws can be circumvented. They ran a campaign to oust the sitting government as opposed to campaigning for a specific party or candidate.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            So Kobe steak could be Waygu...... But over here in Australia some food chains promote Waygu as being good.
            It is good; Kobe is in fact a sub-breed of Waygu cattle from a specific Japanese area.

The problem is not that Waygu isn't good for you; it's that you are paying for Kobe and getting Waygu which is much cheaper. Think paying for a salmon steak and getting a can of sardines. Sardines may even be healthier for you than salmon but you did not pay the price of sardines.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Fake women too considering the number that have fake body parts and such added to their bodies .....
              Especially facially/boobs!

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              The solution to this is to take money out of politics. Public financing of campaigns for all candidates who meet minimum level of support on their own (petition signatures, etc.)
              And then ban any and all financial (or other forms of compensation, monetary or not) contributions to politicians.

But of course, that will never happen. These politicians aren't going to vote to cut their own throats, regardless of what the public wants.
              Too true, they won't cut their funding off. That means they will have to actually WORK for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                Public financing comes out of your tax money, you know.

Seriously though, such laws are hard to enforce. The V15 campaign that the US state department financed against Netanyahu in Israel's last elections is a prime example of how this kind of laws can be circumvented. They ran a campaign to oust the sitting government as opposed to campaigning for a specific party or candidate.
                I know it comes from the treasury, but I think it would be worth it to get $ out of politics.

The problem isn't enforcing the laws, the problem is getting the legislature or government to enact good laws to prevent it.

"No public officeholder or candidate for such office shall receive any sort of compensation, payment, promise of future payment, employment, or any other tangible or non-tangible goods or services from any business, group, alliance, union or individual."

The laws they pass can be enforced. Problem is they always leave themselves loopholes when the law is written.

Comment

Fake women too considering the number that have fake body parts and such added to their bodies .....
                  I have never been able to understand the logic behind women's desire for these things. Yes, they can look great from a distance, so I can see their value as a lure, but to what end? If she does successfully attract a male with them, as soon as the preliminaries for a bedroom romp begin, the male can tell they are fake. If he loses interest upon making that discovery, what the hell was she doing getting into bed with someone who will only accept her if she has big boobs? If they make no difference to him, she didn't need to have them anyway.

Seems to me the effort and expense is spent trying to attract a type of man most women say they don't want anyway.

Comment

But women arnt the only ones doing it, are they ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Is there even a practical way to surgically enhance a male, so to speak in the same manner? If there is, it's so rare that I've never heard of it.

Comment

Well they do have them enlarged, and they do have body bits done
                        I would bring a youtube vid over here, but they have covered the bits so badly it leaves nothing to the imagination, so id get got by Baggy straight away
                        sigpic

Comment

If so, it's just as nuts for them as the boob jobs are for women.

Comment

It's that whole self-esteem issue. Makes them feel better.
                            It's that whole psychology of wanting to be desirable or sexy, or whatever.

And a lot of men like them big.

Or in the case of bringing the breastsize down to a smaller cup, it's a health issue (backproblems from the weight).

I've had corrective surgery done -- of a 6 inch scar, a result of a thorax op.
                            Before I was the owner of a 0.3 inch wide scar (top half, approx. 2 inches long).
                            After I was the somewhat proud owner of a thin 6 inch scar, running down my chest. I never wear V-necks.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, I can understand reduction surgery if she is too top heavy. It is for legitimate health reasons.

Comment

How did we go from fake food to boob jobs?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X