This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    When you gained the right to vote, you don't abstain. Chances are people died for you to have that right. What are their deaths for if you decide that "Meh, I'm not gonna vote cause I don't see a viable option." -- there's always another choice.
    I look at abstention as my only way of saying "none of the above". I went to the polls in both 2008 and 2012, but I abstained in the presidential race; I would not reward the Republican party with my vote when their candidate did not support my views or policies that are in my best interests. Since being a Republican in NY state means my vote doesn't affect the outcome in the slightest, that was the best possible use of my vote in my opinion.

Comment

Then you need to stop talking about the POTUS -- you did not earn that right when you decided not to vote.

It's like those who voted Brexit out of protest, thinking their votes don't matter anyway.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I look at abstention as my only way of saying "none of the above". I went to the polls in both 2008 and 2012, but I abstained in the presidential race; I would not reward the Republican party with my vote when their candidate did not support my views or policies that are in my best interests. Since being a Republican in NY state means my vote doesn't affect the outcome in the slightest, that was the best possible use of my vote in my opinion.
        Then maybe you shouldn't label yourself as a Republican if they don't represent you?

Why not vote for the candidate who does represent your views?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          Then maybe you shouldn't label yourself as a Republican if they don't represent you?

Why not vote for the candidate who does represent your views?
          You funny. The "other choice" in both years was the LSoS. Do you think he represents my views and interests?

Comment

If the Republicans don't represent you. Why do you call yourself Republican?

Comment

I think it's a case of the national party has lost its way.. or more directly, "sold out" to big business and other interests".

Comment

Doesn't really answer the question.. If they don't represent you, why have you sworn undying loyalty to their cause?

Comment

I have voted for Democrats and Republicians. I never vote a straight ticket.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Doesn't really answer the question.. If they don't represent you, why have you sworn undying loyalty to their cause?
                    I haven't. Haven't you noticed that Trump is opposed to the "establishment" party on a number of issues? Trade & illegal immigration in particular?

Comment

Trump is both for and against every issue depending on who he's talking to.. Or whether or not he saw his shadow that morning.

Comment

Well, what, do you think I'm going to vote for Hillary? NEVER.

Comment

How is Trump better?

Comment

How is Trump better?
                            He's NOT Hillary, that's a big one right there. We don't need another Clinton, or another Bush for that matter.
                            Admits that free trade has been a disaster for US working class, and that it needs to be changed.
                            NOTE:On this issue, Sanders would be good also, but he's not going to get the chance.
                            Wants to enact real solutions to illegal immigration, including tossing those in the country illegally out on their arse and plugging our porous borders, rather than doing amnesty again.
                            Remember, we did the Amnesty routine back in the mid eighties.. didn't do much good, did it?

Comment

And the unworkable "send them all back" plan will be better, how exactly?

How does Trump plan to pay for the army of immigration officers it would take to find all of the people you want to send away? And the camps where they will be held while their documents are processed.. and all the workers required to run the camps..

And the travel arrangements, that's probably going to cost a lot as well.. Most of them aren't from Mexico..

And that wall will do nothing to help. Not that it will get built anyway. It's completely impractical. And will cost billions.

Comment

What camps?
                                In country. - check.
                                Not here legally - check.
                                Instant transportation to the border of their choice. No delays, no BS.
                                What they do after that is their business.

Comment

Working...
                                X