Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, the guys call women dear, and the women call men and women dear, at work i call everyone, male and female darling and dear
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Fines are GENERALLY levied regardless of what someone has/owns/earns.. A rich guy gets a fine equal to a poor guy if he breaks the law.
      a throwback to days when taxes also were the same fixed amount regardless of class of taxpayer

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
        Nah, the guys call women dear
        I've yet to see a bloke use that term on someone, on a forum anyway

in fact that word is one of the - extremely reliable - methods I use to tell a person's gender on a forum, when it's listed as "undisclosed" (though so far 'undisclosed' by itself implies female anyway)

Comment

Ok mate
          sigpic

Comment

Ok mate
            nice try lass

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              a throwback to days when taxes also were the same fixed amount regardless of class of taxpayer
              Throwback or not, that is still the way things are in most cases.

Comment

This is probably not a "hot topic" but why are places like Indiegogo, Kickstarter, and GoFundMe full of scammers and dodgy products?

For example two off the top of my head I have been following.

Fontus self filling bottle.

Triton rebreather which is little more then some junk with two BMX handlebars attached to the sides.

And they both have almost 1/4 million in funding?
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I dunno. But one of the funniest i saw on gofundme, was that gal who spent her lifesavings on buying a **** load of lottery tickets when it was that big gonzo amount last year. When she didn't win a dime, she put up a go fund me page for people to get her savings back up...

Comment

I dunno. But one of the funniest i saw on gofundme, was that gal who spent her lifesavings on buying a **** load of lottery tickets when it was that big gonzo amount last year. When she didn't win a dime, she put up a go fund me page for people to get her savings back up...

I would have donated just for feeling a tiny bit sorry for her.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      henceforth you must address me as Lord lest I sue you

what d'ya say babe?
                      There, Lord SoulReaver -- but call me babe one more time and I'll have your head.

Seeing as in several states a Sizable majority of the voters there were against it, and still are i can't see how you feel 'most people believe in marriage equality'..
                      It's because they don't realize what happens when two people sign that contract. They don't realize there's far more to marriage than just the "I do" part.

I wonder how they would feel if they lost or didn't have all the benefits of being married -- see how that would make them feel.

SO i have a right to be referred to as the lord high ***** king if i so feel ok with it?? IMO that's stupid as heck...
                      Even GW can't seem to refer to you as that, so perhaps a PG-version, otherwise it'll just be Lord High King.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        This is probably not a "hot topic" but why are places like Indiegogo, Kickstarter, and GoFundMe full of scammers and dodgy products?

For example two off the top of my head I have been following.

Triton rebreather which is little more then some junk with two BMX handlebars attached to the sides.

And they both have almost 1/4 million in funding?
                        Because its full of idiots easily parted with their money
                        sigpic

Comment

Speaking from experience pookey?

I also know those sites also positive impacts. I remember a story where a shelter dog saved a child from a rattlesnake and they used one of those funding sites to pay for vet bills. I think surgery was needed. My point is pookey is right about idiots but their are also good people
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Because its full of idiots easily parted with their money
                            I would first question the intelligence of anyone who sends money to the beggars on sites of that nature, such as the lottery loser that garhkal referred to.
                            Yes, posting a message that basically says "I need money, send me some" and expecting anything isn't all that bright, but you're not out anything.
                            Someone who actually sends money on the other hand, that's at least an order of magnitude lower on the intelligence scale.

Oh, by the way, I recently bought a used boat and I need money to do do some minor work on its stern drive. I know how to work on them, having done so for a living some 30 years back, but I don't feel like getting off the couch to work on it. Anyone want to send me $ so I can just take it to a shop?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Speaking from experience pookey?

I also know those sites also positive impacts. I remember a story where a shelter dog saved a child from a rattlesnake and they used one of those funding sites to pay for vet bills. I think surgery was needed. My point is pookey is right about idiots but their are also good people
                              Dammit, jel, how dare you go post something that I have to agree with. This kind of thing is indeed a valuable function for such sites.

Comment

OK just for laughs here's the video

Comment

Working...
                                X