This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    She's not ignoring it at all, she is paying what she can.
    Her "measly 1%" is based off the now adjusted value which is almost 4 times what she given in fines, so no, there is no contempt of court, there is no attempt to dodge payment or shirking of responsibility.
    Funny isn't it, the right can read a story, with all the facts laid out in front of them and still arse it up.
    "Sharpton has since paid off his [$65,000] debt with money raised by his supporters," the Village Voice says. Brawley was ordered to pay $190,000.

It's been 15 years. With interest, the judgment against the now 40-year-old Brawley has grown to more than $430,000. Finally, the Poughkeepsie Journal reports, Pagones is receiving some of the money: $3,700, or about 1 percent of what he's now owed.
    Hey, you owe money, you pay interest on that debt. That's perfectly normal. Why should she be exempt?

And her mouthpiece, Sharpton didn't even pay his own fines himself, he had "his supporters" raise the money for him.

Oh, and if he was so very concerned with the young woman, why hasn't he paid her fine/penalty? He can certainly afford it.

Silly me, what am I thinking? She's no longer useful to him, so she can go pound sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Hey, you owe money, you pay interest on that debt. That's perfectly normal. Why should she be exempt?
      Did I say she should be exempt?
      Nope.
      All I pointed out was that her 1% is 1% of now, not the fine she was handed.
      And her mouthpiece, Sharpton didn't even pay his own fines himself, he had "his supporters" raise the money for him.
      Money is speech, you idiots voted that pile of smeg into the law books.
      Don't blame the left if the right is far, far too stupid to realise the implications of their actions.
      Oh, and if he was so very concerned with the young woman, why hasn't he paid her fine/penalty? He can certainly afford it.
      Err, because Sharpton is 95% blowhard?
      Silly me, what am I thinking? She's no longer useful to him, so she can go pound sand.
      Correct.

As fun as it is to see people shadow box against non existent issues, it does waste a lot of time, money, energy and resources.
      I'm sure you are used to it by now however, I believe it is called "conditioning".
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Err, because Sharpton is 95% blowhard?
        Good Answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Good Answer.
          Yet, you guys continue to provide these "examples of lefty BS", when time and time and time again no one disagrees with you.
          "Lefties let a criminal off paying her bill"
          Yet, no one let her off, no one is saying she should not pay.
          At the same time, you ignore things like the sheer cost of Republican government wasting time, energy and taxpayers money to advance a "toilet police" law, let alone the MILLIONS of dollars in lost revenue from people avoiding you (NC) like the plague, and the BILLIONS of dollars of federal taxpayer money for your (NC) schools that are lost because "states rights".
          You (Republicans) have no sense of scale, and no vision of the larger economic issues at play when you do such stupid things. You equate one stupid act by one individual to "Dem Libuurals", ignoring the fact that it's just one tree, not the whole bloody forest.
          Of course, then it is "Dem Libuurals" fault when they try to fix the ******* massive mess you leave behind you.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            So basically freedom of speech no longer exists in NYC.
            I don't quite see what that has to do with free speech... but okay.

Though I guess, I think it's normal to address a person with their preferred gender-identity. Can't quite see what the fuss is really about, or why anyone would feel the need to put a fine down for it (unless it's a case of deliberate discrimination).

P.S. When I come to NYC, I plan to insist on being addressed as "Your Royal Highness, Ruler of the Universe, Whose Beauty Rivals The Sun". If anyone refuses, I'll sue.

You may want to write it down so they can practice beforehand.

(Don't believe me, try running a Swastika up a pole and see what happens)

Has a visual of a swastika being chased up a pole.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

4 legs dear, them swastika's are FAST
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I don't quite see what that has to do with free speech... but okay.

Though I guess, I think it's normal to address a person with their preferred gender-identity. Can't quite see what the fuss is really about, or why anyone would feel the need to put a fine down for it (unless it's a case of deliberate discrimination).
                It shouldn't be a criminal offense to fail to address someone in a particular way.

My customers often address me with female pronouns at the start of the conversation, and sometimes well into the conversation, not because I have a female-sounding voice but mainly because when they dial a call center, they expect to talk to a woman and they don't actually listen to a damn thing until they unload the entire speech they've prepared from home. I don't even bother correcting them anymore because doing so adds unnecessary 10 seconds to the conversation which I prefer ending as soon as possible. Now, if I could actually sue...
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I don't mind a swastika hanging off a pole. Kinda appropriate. Just make sure the noose is plainly visible.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

It shouldn't be a criminal offense to fail to address someone in a particular way.
                    Suing someone is civil, not criminal.
                    Those annoying details.............
                    My customers often address me with female pronouns at the start of the conversation, and sometimes well into the conversation, not because I have a female-sounding voice but mainly because when they dial a call center, they expect to talk to a woman and they don't actually listen to a damn thing until they unload the entire speech they've prepared from home. I don't even bother correcting them anymore because doing so adds unnecessary 10 seconds to the conversation which I prefer ending as soon as possible. Now, if I could actually sue...
                    Except, if you don't bother to correct them, you have no argument either now, or under these "draconian laws"
                    sigpic

Comment

That's what I said.

I got used to it fairly quickly and my case was a face-to-face. I didn't mind much, and besides sometimes it could lead to some hilarious apologizing.

I don't mind a swastika hanging off a pole. Kinda appropriate. Just make sure the noose is plainly visible.
                      Aw, you killed the visual.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What did the Polish ever do to you??
                        sigpic

Comment

Yea. sue his "Your Royal Highness, Ruler of the Universe, Whose Beauty Rivals The Sun" ass off
                          sigpic

Comment

Except, you know, that smeg just won't fly.
                            The real pity is, it takes the threat of legal a
                            ction to make people stop and think about being A-holes and take responsibility for the effects of their actions.
                            Oh, you are free to be a tool, free speech is important, you are not however free to avoid the consequences, be they legal, social, or any other.
                            But how is calling someone Mr, MS, Sir, Mamm, being a douchebag??

She's not ignoring it at all, she is paying what she can.
                            Her "measly 1%" is based off the now adjusted value which is almost 4 times what she given in fines, so no, there is no contempt of court, there is no attempt to dodge payment or shirking of responsibility.
                            Funny isn't it, the right can read a story, with all the facts laid out in front of them and still arse it up.
                            Then why has it taken 15 years to GET that measly 1% paid?? Has she been in jail? Not to my knowledge.

Comment

At the same time, you ignore things like the sheer cost of Republican government wasting time, energy and taxpayers money to advance a "toilet police" law, let alone the MILLIONS of dollars in lost revenue from people avoiding you (NC) like the plague, and the BILLIONS of dollars of federal taxpayer money for your (NC) schools that are lost because "states rights"..
                              On that issue, do you not think states should have the right to control/make laws for their OWN people?? Or must all subjucate themselves to the all mighty federal government?
                              If so, then i take it you are NOT ok with states making their OWN laws/rules that run contrary to federal law (like in all those damn sanctuary states/cities)? Or like DC and Colorado did in legalizing mj??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                But how is calling someone Mr, MS, Sir, Mamm, being a douchebag??
                                It's not, it's calling someone -continuously Mr or Mrs- when they obviously don't like it or are presenting as something else that is the Douchebag move.
                                If you came into my store and you were "presenting" as a man, and I kept calling you miss, I'm sure that would annoy you as well

Then why has it taken 15 years to GET that measly 1% paid?? Has she been in jail? Not to my knowledge.
                                Why does that matter?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X