This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they will.

Columbine High School - those were "our students".
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ok, fair point. But to be blunt, if someone, student or not comes into a school, or any other public arena, movie theater, or whatever and starts shooting, I have no problem with someone returning the favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        This is how you stop idiots from shooting up schools.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/05...-be-armed.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41458[/ATTACH]
        Your solution to America's horrifying gun problem is to add more guns?

Comment

As long as they are in the hands of law abiding citizens, I'm fine with that.

As has been said over and over by myself and others. We don't have a gun problem, we have a criminal problem.

Comment

Yeah, cause getting other innocent people hurt or killed when trying to be a hero is all the new rage.

Comment

The majority of law-abiding citizens who would carry firearms and be willing to use them like those I cited in the article have been trained in firearm use.
              Under the policy approved in August for Okay, employees who wish to carry firearms must receive training and Board of Education approval.
              Most law abiding, responsible citizens who wish to own firearms, handguns in particular, would choose to seek training on their own, regardless of any requirements for the simple reason that they want to be responsible.

Again and again and again, the problem we have with gun ownership is not the people who own and carry them legally.
              The problem is criminals. And you can pass all of the gun laws you want, but you're not going to stop criminals from having them and using them. They are criminals, so they aren't going to pay attention to the laws.

Will accidents happen? Certainly. Humans are fallible. In any endeavor. And those accidents will have repercussions. A drunk driver poses a greater threat than a law abiding responsible citizen carrying a firearm. So, yes, take the drunk's car away from him. But do we take cars away from someone who drinks responsibly? Of course not.
              Taking guns away from law abiding responsible citizens makes no more sense.

The group most endangered by law abiding citizens carrying firearms is criminals. And to be honest, I don't really have a lot of sympathy for them. Certainly not enough to warrant taking guns from people who don't break the law with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                He still chose stealing over other legit options.
                assuming there are
                James Fallon found he had the markers to be a psychopath, but before he made the comparison he didn't even know he had the genetic make-up.
                just like the whole gaynetics (huhu) debate isn't resolved yet as you pointed out
                The operative words are may be, no conclusive proof yet.
                that's very interesting because usually it's the "anti gay" folks who say this. are you too suggesting that homosexuality may be a choice?
                Let's go deeper in psychological depths of this fun dialogue: is it a subconscious choice as opposed to a conscious choice like doing crime?
                that's not deep enough, need more shades of gray: you're conflating all "conscious" crimes into 1 category which ain't really fair, so first: is a survival crime (such as what I mentioned, governed by survival instinct) the same as another conscious crime such as a carefully planned & premeditated terrorist attack (governed by malice)?
                There's nothing strange about keeping people in the dark about the gender of your kid.
                There's nothing strange about keeping people in the dark about the genus of your kid
                Spoiler:
                hey that barely sounds weirder than your statement

Yeah, cause getting other innocent people hurt or killed when trying to be a hero is all the new rage.
                incidentally the SS also shoot innocents on a regular basis, what would be your solution to this?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                  assuming there are
                  just like the whole gaynetics (huhu) debate isn't resolved yet as you pointed out
                  Gaynetics - love that word!

that's very interesting because usually it's the "anti gay" folks who say this. are you too suggesting that homosexuality may be a choice?
                  Hu? It could be genetic - when did I even imply it's a choice? James Fallon didn't choose to be a psychopath, did he? He simply has the markers to be one, but doesn't have the urge to be one. Is that by choice?

Is being straight a choice? Or bi? Or asexual?

Oh, this is getting too deep...

incidentally the SS also shoot innocents on a regular basis, what would be your solution to this?
                  Perhaps the whole "shoot first, ask questions later" should not be the norm.

Comment

assuming there are
                    Ok, great... Now we're going to be subjected to an endless barrage of TV ads for L. Ron Hubbard's latest book.

Comment

Perhaps the whole "shoot first, ask questions later" should not be the norm.
                      The problem with that is that officers have to shoot first. If they stop to ask questions, very often they will end up dead at the hands of the criminal.
                      Yes, I'm fully aware that accidents will happen, and there are some bad apples on various police forces, but if I have to give someone the benefit of the doubt in split second do or risk death situation, other things being equal, I'm going to give it to the man or woman who decides to put their lives on the line to enforce the laws of our society.

Comment

It's funny that you should say that cause policemen in other countries seem to be just okay.

Comment

The problem with that is that officers have to shoot first. If they stop to ask questions, very often they will end up dead at the hands of the criminal.
                          so the SOBs who murdered Diaz Zeferino would be dead if he'd been allowed to take off his baseball hat?
                          I'm going to give it to the man or woman who decides to put their lives on the line to enforce the laws of our society.
                          yeah man quality health insurance (most americans have to endure without healthcare lol), generous pay, qualified immunity & all the various privileges, all at taxpayer's expense but obviously they do it for society not for themselves
                          wait I forgot they're Godvernment, and Godvernment is sacred nvm

you sure you're not confusing law enforcement with the military? cause the latter do have merit (I mean the soldiers - officers have no merit if they began their military careers as officers without going through lower ranks first)

when did I even imply it's a choice?
                          Homosexuality may be caused by chemical modifications to DNA[/URL]
                          The operative words are may be, no conclusive proof yet.
                          may be <=> may not be
                          may be genetic <=> may not be genetic
                          may not be genetic <=> may be a choice

alles klar?

James Fallon didn't choose to be a psychopath, did he? He simply has the markers to be one, but doesn't have the urge to be one
                          shades of gray. bleh

Is being straight a choice? Or bi? Or asexual?
                          since that debate hasn't been resolved yet, I choose not to answer

Oh, this is getting too deep...
                          now we're talking

Comment

so the SOBs who murdered Diaz Zeferino would be dead if he'd been allowed to take off his baseball hat?
                            yeah man quality health insurance (most americans have to endure without healthcare lol), generous pay, qualified immunity & all the various privileges, all at taxpayer's expense but obviously they do it for society not for themselves
                            wait I forgot they're Godvernment, and Godvernment is sacred nvm

you sure you're not confusing law enforcement with the military? cause the latter do have merit (I mean the soldiers - officers have no merit if they began their military careers as officers without going through lower ranks first)
                            I've already conceded that there will be accidents. As tragic as they are, unless we disarm law enforcement, there is no way to prevent them because humans will make mistakes. And there is no way to disarm the criminals, as they won't abide by any laws preventing them from owning guns.

What do you propose? Disarming law enforcement personnel? I'm sorry, I don't want to give the criminals that much of an advantage.

Comment

I've already conceded that there will be accidents. As tragic as they are, unless we disarm law enforcement, there is no way to prevent them because humans will make mistakes. And there is no way to disarm the criminals, as they won't abide by any laws preventing them from owning guns.

What do you propose? Disarming law enforcement personnel? I'm sorry, I don't want to give the criminals that much of an advantage.
                              they shouldn't be disarmed unless the population's disarmed (and vice versa) but the solution is much simpler: in case of wrongful shooting by Godvernment, the shooters must pay the damages out of their own pension fund. make 'em bleed where it hurts
                              they'll think twice before playing cowboy when their own $ is at stake

Comment

they shouldn't be disarmed unless the population's disarmed (and vice versa) but the solution is much simpler: in case of wrongful shooting by Godvernment, the shooters must pay the damages out of their own pension fund. make 'em bleed where it hurts
                                they'll think twice before playing cowboy when their own $ is at stake
                                They already do operate under those rules. If a police officer is found to have deliberately acted outside the law in a situation where an officer kills someone, they face criminal prosecution which includes the loss of their pension/etc.

Or do you want to hold them to those penalties for honest mistakes/accidents?
                                You let me know when you're walking on water, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X