Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey we offered you independence last year after all your moaning and you chickened out when push come to shove... So you're part of the UK still whether you like it or not... So quit bringing facts to this argument.....

Just kidding, my wife is from Aberdeen, and I am assuming you are from bonny Scotland too, since you bought up the subject...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      Hey we offered you independence last year after all your moaning and you chickened out when push come to shove... So you're part of the UK still whether you like it or not... So quit bringing facts to this argument.....
      I'm sorry for bringing up facts. I'd just like to add that we are not an English colony, therefore nobody 'offered' us independence. It was ours for the taking (or not).

Just kidding, my wife is from Aberdeen, and I am assuming you are from bonny Scotland too, since you bought up the subject...

If you look at my avatar, I'm waving a Saltire. Do you and your wife still visit Scotland?
      sigpic

Comment

Poor Scotts just don't want to leave their English oppressors
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          GF, I'm not going to bother arguing with someone who doesn't even see the facts of the matter.
          What "facts" am I missing?
          I want fact's IE -stuff that happened-, not conjecture.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So why did Scotland chicken out when they were offered independence?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I'm missing a bacon sandwich

*hangs up Missing posters*

He is presumed to be delicious
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I'm missing a bacon sandwich

*hangs up Missing posters*

He is presumed to be delicious
                Conjecture!!!
                sigpic

Comment

On the whole mystique strangling angle, someone pointed out elsewhere, there was NO public outrage when Anakin force choked his Pregnant wife, Padme in Revenge of the sith. So if they wanted to say "look its making domestic violence look ok" i would see THAT more of a rallying call than what happened with Mystique.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    Can I hug you?
                    No!

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    Our downstairs neighbour has no consideration at all though, her favourite is music which I would place far above a BBQ on the inconvenience scale, but that's a rant for another day.
                    I hear ya.

*Watches as PH stumbles on the trip wire surrounding the moat*
                    Will she lose her balance and go into the moat? Or will she be able to recover her balance?
                    Don't miss our next episode!
                    We should put it to a vote!
                    Make the show interactive.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    More that even though its an Object, the fact its still a "Pig" could be offensive to Muslims..
                    And a cow is holy in India -- and we eat the beast.
                    Your point?

Vegetarians have a problem with all meat.
                    And Vegans are even worse.

On the whole mystique strangling angle, someone pointed out elsewhere, there was NO public outrage when Anakin force choked his Pregnant wife, Padme in Revenge of the sith. So if they wanted to say "look its making domestic violence look ok" i would see THAT more of a rallying call than what happened with Mystique.
                    Except that when Anakin's choking his wife there's a clear setting. It happens in a moment of rage as his paranoia is utterly clouding his judgement. Padme's trying to tell him it's all okay but he's beyond himself. Yes, it could be interpreted as "domestic violence" but you can't compare it to the poster where Mystique is being choked as it lacks a clear setting (even though anyone who's seen the trailer knows the setting).
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      I'm sorry for bringing up facts. I'd just like to add that we are not an English colony, therefore nobody 'offered' us independence. It was ours for the taking (or not).

If you look at my avatar, I'm waving a Saltire. Do you and your wife still visit Scotland?
                      Haha yeah. She hasn't been back since "emergrating" down here 30 years ago, it's something she intends to do soon, last time I went was about 15 years ago to Knockhill (about 10 miles both of Edinburgh).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        And a cow is holy in India -- and we eat the beast.
                        Your point?

Vegetarians have a problem with all meat.
                        And Vegans are even worse.
                        But neither Buddihsts or Vegans raise holy hell over cows/meat being all over the place (Or faux representations of them) unlike Muslims. Heck i have seen TWO instances of Muslims whining about a SIGNBOARD with bacon on..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Except that when Anakin's choking his wife there's a clear setting. It happens in a moment of rage as his paranoia is utterly clouding his judgement. Padme's trying to tell him it's all okay but he's beyond himself. Yes, it could be interpreted as "domestic violence" but you can't compare it to the poster where Mystique is being choked as it lacks a clear setting (even though anyone who's seen the trailer knows the setting).
                        True you can't really make an assessment without having all the facts. BUT that is why many of us are saying this 'outrage' is full of it..

Comment

But neither Buddihsts or Vegans raise holy hell over cows/meat being all over the place (Or faux representations of them) unlike Muslims. Heck i have seen TWO instances of Muslims whining about a SIGNBOARD with bacon on..

Indeed.. It's amazing how offended some people can get over the most insignificant things..

I've seen people raise hell, and cry oppression because other people go into restrooms while having genitals

True you can't really make an assessment without having all the facts. BUT that is why many of us are saying this 'outrage' is full of it..
                          I'm thinking about pots and kettles again..
                          Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 08 June 2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            Indeed.. It's amazing how offended some people can get over the most insignificant things..

I've seen people raise hell, and cry oppression because other people go into restrooms while having genitals
                            What's even more amazing is the different responses "the offended" are met with, depending upon who they are.
                            In other news, the US federal prison system has recently banned pork products from prison menus because supposedly, "prisoners didn't like bacon", a claim which is about as credible as anything the current occupant of the white house might say.

So what are they going to do, have everyone cut off their genitals before going to a public rest room?

Comment

You clearly have no 40-days-without-meat-campaigns thrown in your face. Or vegetarians and vegans telling meat eaters how unhealthy all that stuff is.

So what are they going to do, have everyone cut off their genitals before going to a public rest room?
                              I believe that is an illegal business.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What's even more amazing is the different responses "the offended" are met with, depending upon who they are.
                                In other news, the US federal prison system has recently banned pork products from prison menus because supposedly, "prisoners didn't like bacon", a claim which is about as credible as anything the current occupant of the white house might say.
                                You mean that 17 day ban from last year?
                                https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...deral-prisons/
                                https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ons/?tid=a_inl

I thought you would be more annoyed that prisoners got a roast at all...........
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X