X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/26/tech...rs-data-theft/

How long and how many before people realize that trading security for convenience is always a bad deal?
    Probably around the same time as you realise freedom for security is a bad deal as well?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I realize that. But our government has trained the population over the past several decades to think otherwise.

Comment

So on today's fox news (11am) happening now show, they had a bit about one of Hillary's aides, a gal, who still has her TS security clearance even with all the hupola about the server etc, and someone grilled Lynch about it, and whether there was any preferntial treatment going on..

To me it definitely is preferential treatment as if it was anyone else who did this, they would have already gone to jail, and at the minimum, lost their clearance....

Does anyone else feel this way?

Comment

We learned this from slick willy a while back.. Clintons are above the law, remember?

Comment

*snort*

And to think Hillary (and Bernie) can easily beat Trumpy-Wumpy if he gets the nomination.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I realize that. But our government has trained the population over the past several decades to think otherwise.
              If you were to think about who did that "training", who would you say has done it?
              sigpic

Comment

Both parties, over a period of 3-4 decades.

Comment

Both parties, over a period of 3-4 decades.
                  Really?
                  You would hold both parties to equal levels of blame?
                  Oh, I agree with you that they are both guilty of it, no question, but equally?
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with Annoyed

*is scared*
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I agree with Annoyed

*is scared*
                      You really feel that they have had the same impact?
                      I mean, Billy Clinton certainly jumped on the "OMG they are coming to get us" bandwagon, no question, but when I look at the two parties, over 30-40 years, I think the Repubs sold fear more than the Dems have.
                      It's not like I think that the Dems are "innocent", more that they are slightly less guilty.
                      sigpic

Comment

And occasionally the news coming out of Israel isn't all about them vs the Palestinians... but Jews vs Jews:

She Was Asked to Switch Seats. Now She’s Charging El Al With Sexism.

JERUSALEM — RENEE RABINOWITZ is a sharp-witted retired lawyer with a Ph.D. in educational psychology, who escaped the Nazis in Europe as a child. Now she is about to become a test case in the battle over religion and gender in Israel’s public spaces — and the skies above — as the plaintiff in a lawsuit accusing El Al, the national airline, of discrimination.

Comment

Good for thee, but not for me.
                          Gotta love the hypocrisy of the leftist Hollywood elites. Or most of the enviro crowd, for that matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...s-practice-it/

Leonardo DiCaprio used his Oscar acceptance speech on Sunday to deliver a message about the perils of global warming. But the A-list actor, who flies private jets, rents out entire yachts, and maintains multiple multimillion dollar residences, has a carbon footprint that’s likely among the biggest in the world.
                          In January, he even flew by private jet to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, to attack the “greed” of the energy industry. In one six-week stretch during 2014, he took six private flights between New York and Los Angeles, according to WikiLeaks. That same year, he rented the world's fifth largest yacht, Topaz, from Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, which boasts its oil reserves as the seventh-largest in the world, in order to watch the World Cup with his friends.

The Topaz reportedly burns through $6 million in fuel a year, which breaks down to $16,438 a day.

And while DiCaprio drives environmentally friendly cars, including a Fisker electric car and a Prius, and rides a bike around New York City, he owns multiple homes which use a lot of energy, including a $4 million apartment in New York, a Malibu beach house with a guest house, and a $5 million Palm Springs mansion.

Comment

But at least he acknowledges the problem. You, on the other hand, think it's a fairy tale.

Comment

If he really thought it was a problem, he would behave differently.

Talk is cheap.

Comment

If he really thought it was a problem, he would behave differently.

Talk is cheap.
                                Annoyed is proof of that
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X