This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!

Tweet of the day
    Nah, tweet of the day was this one:
    Thank you to all of America's brave police, deputies, sheriffs, and federal law enforcement on National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day! We love you and will always support you.

Federal law enforcement is about to miss their pay, so much for always support you.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I could just as easily say that the arguments I make in favor of building the wall go over your head.

Put simply, we have to establish control over that border, and 40+ years worth of history prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that what we have been doing hasn't been effective.
      The past 18 years have seen a consistent decline in border apprehensions and crime rates in the border zone and the country in general. It seems to me that what we have been doing in the past 18 years has been more effective than not.

It's long past time that we lock that border down. Given the history, the only plausible reason for opposing a wall (which would be effective) is that the opposition doesn't really want to secure the border.
      Or it could be that the opposition doesn't want to cave in to dog whistling "I fear brown people" propaganda whose only real use is to appeal to Trump's particular base. I'm not describing you, but rather the core of Trump's base, just to be clear. And you are, however, a willing pawn in Trump's actual aims.

Oh, and btw, I did watch last night's speech from the oval office. I gotta admit that his hair and artificial tanning do make him look like a cartoon character.
      I love how he appeals to emotion "What if your ___ gets killed"...funny thing is that a kid in the US is more likely to be killed by a native born kid in a school shooting than by an illegal immigrant of any age. In fact more people in the US have been killed in mass shootings than those killed by illegal immigrants. I know Womble mentioned crime rates in other countries being a consideration, however in the US, immigrants do commit less crime than those born in this country and that's a demonstrable fact.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!

Tweet of the day

Did you see this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...talks/10704524

He literally acted like a toddler slamming hands on the table.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          Ignore what state propaganda tells you. Think it through for yourself. your King has downgraded his wall several times to the point where it's now a fence with an approximative cost of $5B which is a yuge saving & a far cry from the projected $4T cost of the 700ft high "Westeros" style wall he suggested in his campaign
          you think a fence would stop moderately determined illegals? Common sense dictates that it wouldn't
          a simple fence no...but for 5 billion dollar I'd presume the fence will have some surprises built into it...like electrification and industry-strength barbed wiring for starters

Comment

and here we go again with the absolute feldercarb of "Oh Noes! You want to secure the border! That's racist!" when nearly every other country on the face of the earth has far more stringent border security

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              and here we go again with the absolute feldercarb of "Oh Noes! You want to secure the border! That's racist!" when nearly every other country on the face of the earth has far more stringent border security
              You missed the memo. We're supposed to be the world's doormat/dumping ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Did you see this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...talks/10704524

He literally acted like a toddler slamming hands on the table.
                I did, but I think that Trump ''smashing the table'' as some media reported is an exaggeration.

a simple fence no...but for 5 billion dollar I'd presume the fence will have some surprises built into it...like electrification and industry-strength barbed wiring for starters
                The border is 3145 Kilometers long, lets round it up to 3150km. There's already the third of it that has a wall, so if we do the maths and round it up it comes up to about 2.4 millions per miles of border. That's not a lot of money, it might look like a lot but in 2018-19, it's not really for a project of this magnitude. Also labor costs, digging costs and accidental costs to be considered, which all-in-all gives you a basic ''Steel curtain'' wall that doesn't do much.

Economists analysis of the wall construction

Spoiler:
                On top of the cost to build the wall, the U.S. economy would lose more than $4 billion a year, the economists calculated, meaning the country would forfeit nearly $30,000 in lost economic output for each Mexican migrant the wall stops.

It’s difficult to model the economic impact of a border wall. These researchers were able to do it because of two factors — special migration data they obtained from the Mexican government and the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which triggered the construction of walls and fences along 548 miles of the border between 2007 and 2010.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

that will definitely keep illegal cattle out

Comment

I did, but I think that Trump ''smashing the table'' as some media reported is an exaggeration.

The border is 3145 Kilometers long, lets round it up to 3150km. There's already the third of it that has a wall, so if we do the maths and round it up it comes up to about 2.4 millions per miles of border. That's not a lot of money, it might look like a lot but in 2018-19, it's not really for a project of this magnitude. Also labor costs, digging costs and accidental costs to be considered, which all-in-all gives you a basic ''Steel curtain'' wall that doesn't do much.

Economists analysis of the wall construction

Spoiler:
                    On top of the cost to build the wall, the U.S. economy would lose more than $4 billion a year, the economists calculated, meaning the country would forfeit nearly $30,000 in lost economic output for each Mexican migrant the wall stops.

It’s difficult to model the economic impact of a border wall. These researchers were able to do it because of two factors — special migration data they obtained from the Mexican government and the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which triggered the construction of walls and fences along 548 miles of the border between 2007 and 2010.
                    I'd like to see the person that could survive 10,000 volts of raw electrical energy being run through their body after being stupid enough to try climbing it

Comment

I'd like to see the person that could survive 10,000 volts of raw electrical energy being run through their body after being stupid enough to try climbing it
                      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-led-home.html

Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Put that in the Bonehead thread.

Comment

stupid enough to try climbing it instead of cutting it? or stupid enough to try climbing it without basic protection?

you saying all illegals are Darwin candidates?

Comment

5 billion dollars I sure hope the wall has turrets on top and auto canons.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Yes, because on some random date in 1964 all the racists suddenly and inexplicably disappeared
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                Yes, because on some random date in 1964 all the racists suddenly and inexplicably disappeared
                                Then how do you explain the orange in the White House?
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X