No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X - X on the date -- easy for him to remember the anniversary. Unless he forgets your birthday.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

YZ says thanks, I think.

A - Already settled on the church, so now we have to set the reception venue and DJ for the dance. I also have to pick out my wedding dress, too. So many decisions!

B - Becoming a member of the church on Monday, so that will help.
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
        B - Becoming a member of the church on Monday, so that will help.
        C -- Church-member? What do you mean?

D -- Dad's walking a 40km sponsored walk today, aiding refugees in Flanders. I think he's insane but it's for a worthy cause so I'm proud of him. However, wisdom does not come with age. Insane, is what I call walking 40km.

Comment

E - Easier if I become a member of the church I'm getting married in. To do that, I will be talking to the pastor on Monday, and he'll tell me what I need to do.

F - Felt really lousy on Fri. night as I had a bad migraine. I took my migraine mess I had with me though, and felt better later that night.

G - Got to go to lunch today in Sioux Falls with my fiancée and a very good friend of his. His friend was his big brother when growing up. It's part of the Big Brother/Big Sister program we have here where they match up youth with older kids to spend time with them doing different things.

So today we ate at a Mongolian restaurant called Hu Hots. You choose what you want in bowls, and they cook it for you right in front of you. It's all you can eat, and it's really good! We had a good conversation with my fiancee's friend, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            C -- Church-member? What do you mean?

E - Easier if I become a member of the church I'm getting married in. To do that, I will be talking to the pastor on Monday, and he'll tell me what I need to do.
            H -- hi there! Some or most Church denominations in the USA will not marry couples, UNLESS they have been attending that Church for a certain length of time. My Catholic family's Church would not marry my Protestant fiancee unless he joined, changed his beliefs over to Catholism AND attended for at least ONE whole year, faithfully, of course. Plus, he'd have to take the basic classes on Catholic sacraments----otherwise, the marriage would end up being a spiritually "mixed marriage" which was unacceptable back in the 1960's (mixed being one Catholic, one Protestant.. like vinegar and oil -- they don't mix properly, except being tasty on a salad=). On the other extreme, his family's Protestant Church wouldn't marry us, unless I attended his Church for at least six months (1970's)).

I -- In short, my fiancee and I opted to go to his Church because the waiting time was shorter to get legally married in our state. I don't remember if I had to be a member; I just had to basically believe in the same doctrine(s) and go thru basic marriage counseling, which didn't add up to much. Sounds weird, but that's how it works or did over 30 years ago.

J -- Just because one gets counseled, whatever marriage counseling we got, it certainly didn't prepare us for the years of disasters that continuously kept coming our way. People are often ready at the onset of sharing their life together to go thru one or 2 downs, but not prepared to go thru one continuous string of bad experiences one on top of the other... that is what we ended up *surviving* thru, but learned how to deal with such events the difficult route.

K -- Keeping one's faith and growing thru the bad days/events helped keep us together. Been a rocky road for sure, but as often as we may have thought of the "divorce" alternative, staying together thru thick and thin -- more *thin* with no promise of a floor beneath us than health and wealth... has helped us learn how to go forward, with virtually just our faith to help us get thru the worst of those moments. Bad news is, seems the next bad experience is always worse than the last/previous one. So, brace yourself if that ends up being your "lot" in life. Certainly we expected to experience some harrowing challenges in our life, but not as many as we had, and not in the *way* or time-streams that those moments came.

L - Longer lasting are some of our youthful friendships. I still have a very good friendship with someone I thought I lost contact with over the years, but *fate* brought us back together in the most amazing way. We considered each other as adopted sisters, because we adopted each other *secretly* to be long-lasting friend/sisters, because we needed each other at the time, and it's still a beautiful friendship to this very day.

Comment

M -- Missa understands, I think. You become part of that congregation.

N -- Nothing like that over here, hence the question. If you want a church-wedding you have one option, the church in the community where you officially have your home address. However, not many people choose a church wedding here, most couples opt to be married during a ceremony at the city hall and thus by the town's/city's mayor or his/her deputy.

O -- On the off-chance that I ever meet the woman of my dreams and we decide to tie the knot, that's what we'll do, and a pagan ceremony somewhere nice (dream spot would be the stone circle of Avebury).

Comment

P - Precisely. I become part of the congregation. But first, I need to start attending the church regularly for services.

Q - Quite excited I am to get married there, as it's a nice little church.

R - Reception/dance will be somewhere else though.
                Last edited by imzadi35; 06 October 2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

S - So busy I've been.

T - To Imzadi, congrats!!!
                  Total syffy posts: 36,690
                  (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                  Matthew 5:9

Comment

*blushes* T - Thanks!

Comment

U - U are welcome!
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

V - Very disappointed to learn I can't take part in the draw to support the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research and have a chance at winning a pair of Nike Mags. So, not cool.

Comment

W - Why, if I may ask, FH?
                          (Chosen One)

Comment

XYZ says that's a bummer! Sorry to hear that.

A - And here we go again.

B - Been talking to our wedding photographer, and she has loads of ideas. Can't wait to sit with her for more of them!
                            Last edited by imzadi35; 11 October 2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                              W - Why, if I may ask, FH?
                              C -- 'Cause the lottery is USA and Canada only. Oh well, I'll be donating anyway but a chance to win the shoes too would have been so much cooler. Nike's also going to auction three pairs in big three big cities around the globe (London, Hong Kong, and ... forgot the third). Last time they auctioned a pair of these Nike Mags they were sold for a freakin' 10 million dollars.

Comment

D - Do think no sneakers are worth $10,000,000.

E - Ever consider this for a wedding? It was in front of my old church on Saturday:
                                Attached Files
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X