No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U - Undeniably sad the terrorist act at the concert. We grieve with you and pray for the families of the victims.

V - Violence does not solve problems. It only causes them.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

W -- Why prayers? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't if that's your thing. But why pray? Prayers don't solve anything, nor do good thoughts or vibes or whatever. Like they will change anything. Actions change things -- and I'm not saying actions like banning an entire religious group from entering your country (which was struck down indefinitel -- thank you ACLU) -- but actions which brings people together. Instead of dividing, we need to stand together. Open our arms to welcome those in need, running from wars or famine. Help people that need help. Get to know our neighbors, and other cultures and traditions.

X -- I'm sorry if this strikes a cord somewhere. I don't mean this in any negative way. I just feel the more we know of each other, the less likely we are to hurt one another -- psychologically and physically. After all, wars never really solve anything.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Z = Zenith.. peak position and performance at the top -- just saying that because the word exists in our English dictionary..

A = Awesome are those prayers that are answered, not by human hands, but by TPTB which no human can ever reach, mend, or heal by natural means. That is why prayers help and are sometimes needed. That is why some people pray. Faith comes when carrying that burden of prayer alone.. and it grows each time our *faith* is tested. It's for stuff that goes beyond what our realm of reality cannot touch or reach. I understand what pscard is saying (and why). Humans reaching out to humans is one reality--and yes, humans can resolve some earthly issues on their own strength and merit. But the level of prayer that I think pscard is referring to goes far beyond what humans are capable of achieving.

B = Be yee energized!!! There is a special aura of energy that only some people can visibly see around other life forms and even objects. I can see the edges of this energy field, but have never seen colors around it on anything. I wonder if it has something to do with the constant hum or buzz in my ears -- I hear energy flowing, but cannot stop the noise, which some people label as tinnitus. Sometimes the pitch changes, but it only lasts that way for a few seconds.

Comment

C - 'Cause prayers are about reaching out to God with love for one another. Prayers are also offered to forgive, for guidance, for help of another, for strength, and for so many other reasons.
          (Chosen One)

Comment

D -- Damn it, too hot outside. I know, I shouldn't complain about the awesome spring/summer weather but damn... I'm melting nonetheless.

E -- Even so, the temperature should go down again tomorrow so we'll be good again. No more melting. For now.

F -- For the record, thanks for the explanation on the prayer-thing. Saw a LOTR-style meme, which takes the #PrayersFor and shows it the way I said in so many words, why the prayers instead of action. Maybe I can find it again -- it was on Twitter last week so may have to dig a little -- apparently a popular image (I didn't know):

Made me LOL hard though.

Comment

G - God exists, and so does Jesus, but many people choose not to believe. That's their right, but I feel sad because without Jesus or prayer, I wouldn't be here today.

H - Had fun going with a group from my church to a Minnesota Twins baseball game today. They lost 16 to 8, but I had a good time anyway!

I - in two weeks I'll be walking down the aisle to my fiancée. I'm getting really nervous!

J - just wanted to share this for all who served...
              IMG_0056.jpg
              Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
              (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                G - God exists, and so does Jesus, but many people choose not to believe. That's their right, but I feel sad because without Jesus or prayer, I wouldn't be here today.
                K -- Know this though, atheist exist and they too have every right not to believe in one god or two gods or more gods or goddesses. Religion comes in many forms and there's no one better than the next. They're all unique in their own ways -- some sharing the same god(s) and the same stories, others pulling from different sources.

L -- Leaving everyone to their believes, and we can all live happily ever after (in theory anyway).

M -- Me, I don't believe in God or Allah, or Jahweh, or whatever other god(s) and goddess(es) there are out there in the believe system. My life is no less complete without them. Freedom from religion.

N -- Nevermind the relgious books were all written by men... ...and let's not forget the atrocities and discrimination that is done in one or another God's name, or because the book says so.

Comment

O - On a special journey this past weekend.

P - "POOF" went my analog TV. I knew it was going to die on me when I couldn't get the color just right and narrow white lines appeared on the screen over the last few weeks.

Q - Quest, I was on to find a new one.

R - Right in Walmart I picked up a 50" Vizio smart TV.

S - So much fun! So much fun!!!

T - TVs don't last as long as they used to. I've owned three televisions and noticed that the older they were, the longer they lasted.

U - Unsure how long this new one will live, but I hope it's between 5 to 10 years.

V - Vizio seemed like a good brand which is why I bought it.
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

W -- Wow, you were still using an analog TV?!? That's so old school.

X -- X amount of colleagues I have (really, not quite sure how many there are) but some of them I obviously have more contact with than others. And there's one who's the complete opposite of me, in every way. And opposites attract, that's for sure, in our case. She falls off the extrovert side of the scale, and I fall off the introvert side. Hadn't seen her in a while, and just now she showed up. All bouncy and happy, and excited. She knows I don't like being hugged, but she does it anyway -- and I let her cause no point struggling against it. She excitedly announced she would be back as of next week, to have lunch together. Small notion though, it's Ramadan so I'll be doing the eating for the both of us.
                    Gosh, I love that woman so much. She's my kind of awesome.

Comment

Y - Yet, just because something is old, doesn't mean you have to get rid of it.

Z - Zebras can't change their stripes just as I will not change my view on this.

A - And everyone else's thoughts on the subject?
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                        [SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]Y - Yet, just because something is old, doesn't mean you have to get rid of it.
                        B -- Best to mention, we had a TV at home for like 15 years until it imploded. That was truly the end of that old thing. BUT the one I have now is flat and big, and awesome for gaming -- big screen and great sound. I don't actually use it to watch much TV.

Comment

C - Cable costs getting way too expensive. Have to rethink what to do.
                          (Chosen One)

Comment

D -- Don't know how it is in other countries but over here most cable companies provide all: phone, internet and tv. My cellphone, my internet and my tv is all with the same company in one neat little package. We choose the kind of extra's we want with the 20 or so channels everyone has (Belgian channels (Dutch and French), Dutch channels, French channels, British Channels, MTV, National Geographic, Discovery, Eurosport, Nicklelodeon, Disney, ...). Syfy Channel is no longer broadcasting over here.

Comment

E = Eons ago (maybe about 10 years or more), we ditched our analogue TV (because it was old, tired, and time to retire) for a cheap upgrade with high definition quality, so we could access some of the higher end cable channels (they came with the package, but our analogue prevented us from viewing those channels). But we realized that we were still basically watching around 5 to 10 main channels... weather, news, SyFy, TV-Land, A&E, History, and maybe a few others -- some with the ancient black & white movies.

F = Finally, a few more years later, we snipped the cable cord (discontinued it), so we could save over $1000.00 a year from not having it. That's when Obama was President, and passed the AHCA; so then $1000.00 a year savings suddenly ended up going into health care instead. Bummer.

G = Grateful that I still don't have the cable. Not worth watching when I've got the best 4-legged, furbaby-kitty & doggy videos on my internet, along with a bunch of other selected video blurbs, where I don't have to watch the type of annoying (and sicko) horror commercials the SyFy channel used to advertise. *grumble*

H = Happy, because I do NOT miss TV. Even tho, when I was a teenager, I thought I'd never ever give up watching Tv.. because I was *THAT* addicted to it. But the garbage that came on in the years I re-evaluated my time watching regular Tv channels, made me realized it was just NOT worth paying the hideous HD price for BASIC cable, even when we shopped around at Direct Tv and a few other Pay-Per whatever options. Except par for the course, we were still unable to save money, because "something" else filled the void to gobble up our would be saved money.

I = If we do watch anything on Tv, it's usually DVD's and sometimes maybe hook up the computer to see things on a bigger (TV) screen.

Comment

J - Just wanna say, KUDOS TO YOU!!!

K - Kinda considered something similar.

L - Liking the idea of possibly getting Netflix or Hulu and access via the laptop connected to the TV.
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X