No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V = Very good result, so far! The leg areas where I applied the inside of the peeled cucumber seemed to stabilize the damaged skin for the moment, while the other leg that didn't have enough of the cucumber applied -- that went flaky again. The good skin side had several inside cucumber peelings rubbed in at least 5 times or more, while the not-so-great skin side only had 2 rubbing applications. I've read cucumbers are great for facial skin treatments, but I'm still undecided in that area. Also, just an FYI, FWIW, I'm using real cucumbers fresh from the vine (supermarket store's produce shelf), so to speak -- not some processed botanical goo in these restorative, soothing skin applications.

Comment

W -- Was searching the web for some DIY cat toys, preferably in cardboard. Found some really cool things to make for our two furries, Finn and Faro.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

XYZ says are they male or female?

A - And you're lucky to have them. Cats are a therapy pet for me, but since my fiancee and MIL are allergic to them, I can't have one, not even one that's supposed to be 'hypoallergenic'.

B - But whenever I get lonely for them, I can look at pics, videos, and even go to our local animal shelter and play with them.
        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

C -- Cats are brothers, Finn's a black/grey tiger with a white belly, and Faro is an orange tiger. His name is actually derived from the Dutch word for pharaoh -- farao, because the woman who found his mother with the litter though the line on the side of his head looked like the Eye of Horus.

Finn is actually my nickname, and it finds its origin in a young adult book I read when I was a kid, Finn the Wolfhound.

Spoiler:

Comment

Cuties!

Comment

D - Delivery of a scary letter from the IRS last week.

E - Error on my part is costing me $$.

F - 'Finn' is also the name of my sister's dog.
              Total syffy posts: 36,690
              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

G -- Gotta say Finn is a rather popular name.

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                  D - Delivery of a scary letter from the IRS last week.

E - Error on my part is costing me $$.

. . .
                  H = How sure are you that it was the actual IRS, and not some scammer? (articles included below explain how to identify the difference between the real deal vs. fraud versions).
                  Our phone company got an ear-full last year from one of the phishing IRS scammers. First message was sort of neutral, but the 2nd (which occurred months later) had a firm, nasty tone in the voice (same lady). People who got those messages said it was a computer-voice generated message.

I = If there is a major monetary error, sometimes the IRS ends up doing an audit..!
                  There's been a bunch of IRS scams in the past several years. Here's a few articles to identify the real deal IRS from the scammers---
                  "How to Tell a Real IRS Debt Collection Call from a Scam"
                  Posted 6:37 pm, April 9, 2017, by Elizabeth Garcia

---and another article at---

"How to Spot an IRS Phishing Scam"
                  By John Hewitt (published on Sept.01, 2015)
                  Founder and CEO, Liberty Tax Service
                  J = Just be sure you're sending any monetary differences to the correct address, and not some scammer. The above articles had links to websites that could verify your info, or find a reliable agency to help you.

Comment

K - Kinda thought at first it was a scam of sorts, but I called the IRS.

L - Luckily, after reading a tax form, I verified it was indeed an error on my part. It was an income that had to be reported that I hadn't noticed.

M - Money in check was paid to the US Treasury and mailed to the proper IRS office.

N - Notice of this issue was sent to me by mail - not a phone call or email.

O - Opened the 'Phishing Scam' link from your post and read it. Thank you!
                    Last edited by pscard; 19 April 2017, 08:35 AM.
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

P - Pleased I will be when the wedding is over, as I'm getting overwhelmed!

Q - Quite wanting to be done with it all.

R - Really didn't know there was so much to do and be done. Sheesh!

S - Sorry to hear about your tax issues, pscard. Glad you were able to take care of them though.

Comment

T - The only thing I hope to ever get from the IRS is a refund.
                        Last edited by pscard; 28 April 2017, 08:17 AM.
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

U - Unusually snowy this early morning here. It's gone, but now it's chilly here. Not usual May Day weather for NE South Dakota...

V - Very happy May Day to you all!

W - Wish it would warm up to where it's supposed to be, but I guess I have to wait a few days. *sigh*

Comment

X -- x² = y

Y -- You'd think autumn is back over here. It's supposed to be spring. Sunny, warm, happy skies... instead it's cold, grey and depressing sad. It's freaking MAY guys! Let us hope the weather's a lot better in Mallorca three weeks from now.

Comment

Z - Zounds!

A - AC repaired yesterday. It cost $335.

B - Because it was low on freon, it had to be charged. Fortunately, it needed only 1 lb. which was $115. There were leaks in the two caps causing the leak, but it was an easy fix.

C - Cool the house is once again! I'm grateful for the work the AC repairman did.
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

D - Do have a bad cold that I had to see the doc for this morning. I couldn't breathe last night, nor could I sleep, even with my sleeping meds. So I made the appointment. I got told that I have a bad cold, and that the sore throat I have is part of it. I HATE being sick!

E - Even my eyes are watering at times, but it's not allergies that I know of.

F - Frankly, I tried echinaccea and Vitamin C when I first got sick, but no go.

Comment

Working...
                                X