No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I -- I may not be American, but nope, he ain't getting one ounce of respect from me. He has done nothing to deserve that respect. On the contrary, he's a menace to that position. Besides, why should any of those who hate him/don't like him give him respect, when the same people who are calling the others do that now, didn't give Obama that same respect 8 or 4 years ago. Just a thought...

J -- Just so you know, I support the people who stand up to him. Like everyone who marched yesterday, in America and all around the world.

K -- Knowing he's already lying about his inauguration crowd, he will be scrutinized for the coming years (although he's an impeachment waiting to happen).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

L - Like your post, Imzadi.

M - Many do not like Trump, but I believe what we're feeling is a strong disapproval of his behavior.

N - Now, all people are deserving of respect whether or not we agree with them, and while we should also respect the Office of the President, that doesn't mean that we automatically approve of him or her.

O - Only thing we can do for now is what he does. If takes this country in the wrong direction then we should consider impeachment (or a vote of 'no-confidence').
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

P -- (El) President(e) seems to like his executive orders.

Q -- Quite like the coverage of the Women's March on Saturday. Global pink power! My twitter-feed exploded with it. Saw some hilarious signs too.

R -- Right onwards from all that awesomeness I have finally found at least one new year's resolution. Planning on donating to a great cause every month, both national and international. Causes which further research towards cures for illnesses which are as of yet not curable, organizations which deal with women's rights, equal rights, LGBT-causes, human rights causes, refugee causes, local charities (like Make A Wish for very sick kids).

Comment

S - So very commendable of you to make monthly charitable donations. That's wonderful!

T - The use of executive orders goes as far back as George Washington and as recently as Barack Obama. These orders can't reverse a law passed by Congress.
          (Chosen One)

Comment

U -- Underwhelmed with the reveal of the title of the next episode in the Star Wars saga. But oh well... I'll go see it anyway.

V -- Very unhappy, Trumpolini signed more executive orders which are detrimental to a lot of people, and will do more damage than good (and not just to the US, I might add). Dude's a menace.

W -- Work was fascinating today. I nearly bit an unsuspecting colleague's head off when she chose a poor moment to come ask me something. I was just in time to snap my trap shut before I said something I was going to regret later. Cause I absolutely adore this person so much. We get along great.

Comment

XYZ says I agree with you about Trump. Every word, but like pscard said, all human beings deserve respect.

A - And we were supposed to have snow today, but it never got here. Sioux Falls, SD, and other places in SD did, but not us, THANK GOD!

B - Been really achy all over, but especially in my hands, wrists, and ankles. My neck is hurting too, and i feel sometimes like a pin cushion being poked everywhere. It's better right now, but still feels uncomfortable. Don't know what's causing it, so i will let my doctor know at my upcoming physical in February.

C - Cold I get too, but then all of a sudden really hot and sweaty, especially at night while I'm sleeping. Could it be early menopause, as I'm only 45?
              Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
              (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

D -- Do not assume respect is given when it is not first earned. Respect is earned, not freely given. I hate to disappoint you, but the Donald has yet to do anything that even remotely deserves my respect.

E -- Every day is cold here, and occasionally we have wintery things coming down... snow melting on the way down, or melting on impact. It has yet to stick.

Comment

F - Fence belonging to owner in my back yard has fallen over from this weekend's storm.

G - Going to wait another day before asking him to move it and offer to help if it's too heavy.

H - Happy that the manager of a town home property nearby allowed me to take some cuttings from a cactus tree that lost a bunch of branches last autumn.

I - I noticed a couple of months ago that new branches were sprouting and the manager allowed me to take some.

J - Just going to let the cuttings form a callous before planting. This will take a few weeks.
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

K - Kisses will be given to anyone needing them soon because of Valentine's Day.

L - Lousy clouds here today. Nothing came of them, just no sunshine at all. I wish the sun would have been out though.

M - Mighty good movie I'm watching now called Heaven Is For Real. It's really good! It's based on a true story and the book by the same name. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1929263/

Comment

N -- Nope, not a Valentine's Day lover. Darn it, it's a tuesday...

Comment

O - On another note, you're not going to believe what happened to me. One of my best friends, Irene, who's around 64 years old or so, died from cancer. What's worse, is that I was not allowed to go to her graveside services. Let me explain.

I walked in to one of our nursing homes a week ago, and one of the residents motioned for me to come on over. This resident is a mutual friend of Irene's. Anyway, the resident told me she'd passed away, but nothing else. I walked away crying because I'd lost someone I loved dearly and cared about so much.

So later I got on Facebook and found her cousin and sent her a private message telling her I knew about Irene dying, and that I loved her and was sad she was gone. Irene's cousin wrote back that she was sorry for my loss, and told me that there would be graveside services only, yesterday (Monday) at 9:30. She didn't tell me any more than that, so I wrote back and asked where. She wrote back that she would talk to the others planning the graveside rites and let me know. It wasn't until Monday morning that I got word from the cousin that I wasn't allowed to go to the graveside services. No explanation, no reasons why not, just that I was told no per Irene's request.

I am so angry and hurt because Irene was one of my bestest friends, and I was there for her through all the tough times like she was with me. Irene's request could NOT have been to exclude me, especially since before she died she asked me and my fiancee to do something for her after she died. She asked us to place a memorial plaque for her at her grave like a headstone of sorts. Now we'll never be able to do that.

I had the resident of the nursing home as a friend on Facebook, but I have since unfriended her because I'm sure she got to attend the service and wouldn't have told me about it anyway. Besides that, I will no longer have contact with her cousin who told me no, also for the same reason.

*sniff, sniff*

Comment

Very sorry for your loss.

P -- Past experience has learned that people dying does strange things to families. My grandmother wanted to have roses on her card and on her graveside, but her children didn't listen. Grandchildren did though -- got her the prettiest ones we could find during that summer. A family can be tight knit, but when one of them dies, it's like that knot suddenly unravels. And everyone thinks they know best...

Comment

R - Really sorry for your loss, Imzadi.

S - Similar to you, I lost a friend of 13 years. I attended the memorial service but not the funeral because I wasn't told exactly where and when it was to be held. But I harbor no ill will because I was told the cemetery where she was buried and was able to pay her a visit.

T - To remember her, I brought home a small stone found on her grave site.

U - U can still visit her if you know in which cemetery Irene's buried
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

Skipped Q we did...

Q - Quite sad and angry I am that they didn't give me any info, but my counselor helped me see today that there's no point in the anger. He also helped me find the funeral home that took care of her body. So that helps a little...

V - Very thankful for the advice everyone. I will do what you suggested, pscard.

Comment

W - Who do you think made me forget the 'Q'?

d1117d399c5e48261c050d81a079cefd70df29c8.jpg
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X