No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I = I saw a white *Feather* that gently floated to floor falling from out of seemingly nowhere. Long story short.. I was looking for angel statues or an angel/wing type of flower arrangement. Couldn't find what I liked in time to have it ready for funeral viewing. Next morning was looking at pictures to select to make a memorial picture tribute and walked away from that to do some laundry and cleaning. Was moving around the house for maybe an hour doing various things, walked into bathroom to get ready for work. Set something down on bath-tub, stepped back, and saw what I thought was a piece of a tissue gently floating to the floor. It wasn't that, but a feather!

J = Jesus/God (or someone in the supernatural realm/world) sent a soft, fluffy (angel-wing?) feather into my presence! I reached down to pick up the thing that just floated gently to the floor, looked at it, and realized it wasn't a tissue at all, but a small, fluffy feather!! hmmmmm..? angel-wing? Bizarre timing there..

K = Keep the feather for evidence!! That was my first thought! Went to walk away, and...

L = Looked down at my black shirt and saw something white near my belly. It was another feather! Oh my goodness! Two feathers in the same area seconds apart. This one was more mature, while the other one was like a softer newbie, downy type of white feather. I decided to save that one too..!

M = Mentioned about the feathers to my #2 sister and she immediately told me to SAVE those feathers!!!! I told her that I did (even wrote the time and date down =). She believes my #1 sister and mom both sent me feathers from heaven. Bizarre was that the more mature feather was near my belly (thinking umbilical cord connection to my mom), while the younger feather was representing my #1 sister, who recently passed away.
    It was weird that I was looking for angel feathers the night before, looked at my sister's picture next morning, then went off doing other things.. wished I could write something about an angel carrying my sister to her new heavenly home, and then the white feathers showed up in a room where there were no feathers!

N = NOT the first time we've had feathers drop out of nowhere after someone died, who was close to us. Shortly after my mom died, my aunt (my mom's sister) was with my #2 sister, and both looked up watching something white falling from the sky -- right into my #2 sister's open purse! It was a huge white feather.

O = Oh! Happened again right after my hubby's dad passed away. I was in the bathroom looking out the window at "dad's" house. Heard geese flying outside. Sure enough, a whitish feather fell onto "dad's" property, so I went out and scooped it up. Hmmmmm. Didn't keep it, because hubby didn't want it in the house.. that one might be germy. Oh well.

Comment

P -- Pretty happy to have met Amanda Tapping up close and personal yesterday, at a local convention. Also shook hands with Ben McKenzie, Morena Baccarin, Nathan Fillion and Kristian Nairn (wow, he's big and a total gentle giant kinda guy).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Q - Quite warm in the house. The AC isn't working (again), but hope to fix it myself before dishing out $$$. On a positive note, we have a cool front coming in over the next few days.
        Last edited by pscard; 07 April 2017, 06:49 AM.
        Total syffy posts: 36,690
        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
        Matthew 5:9

Comment

R - Really cool about the feathers, SG! I love hearing stories about things like this.

S - So it's windy here today, but it's around 55 degrees anyway. I hope you get your A/C fixed soon, pscard. Being hot is no fun, and we're supposed to be in the lower to upper 70's by Saturday. Means we'll open up the windows or turn on our own A/C and let it cool off.

T - The invites for our wedding are done, so now all we have to do is fold them together. They turned out really nice!
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

U = Unusual to find feathers when least expecting them shortly after family member(s) pass away. My sister #2 claims the feathers are a special reminder gift that our loved ones are safe - and maybe soaring upon (or with?) angel's wings. I just think it's the angels who carried them safely away, sending a happy note so we won't remain so sad. But such things can end up being deceptive, so I would use caution in encountering these things.

V = Very interesting about the (white) feathers.. they seem to have occurred at least 3 times in our family over recent years. Plus, I washed one of my sherpa jackets, and ended up with a bunch of downy feathers all over it during the week of my sister #1's funeral viewing/service. I'd say it was more a case of osmosis escaping from my winter jacket, but my sister #2 believes it was my other sister visiting me and enveloping me in snuggy warmth of soft angel feathers. I'd really like to believe the angel feather story, but I just don't know.

W = Weather... The weather also sent a bunch of peculiar signs, too. Rained heavy hours before my sister passed away. Then, later in the week during her viewing, the sky was crystal, clear blue without a cloud in sight for almost 2 whole days. Day after the funeral service, it rained again.. heavy at times, too. It was almost as if tears came before she died and after the funeral service was over. But sunshine came during the viewing hours, so everyone who wanted to come, would and did, and she wanted us to be happy for her pain(s) to finally be over and she's (hopefully) at genuine peace.

Comment

X - Xceptionally warm it may become, but I can take the heat when the AC doesn't work.

Y - Yet, the AC still needs to get fixed.

Z - Zero dollars for the repair job would be nice, but have to be realistic.

A - AC will try to fix myself, but if I can't, I'll call the repairman.
              (Chosen One)

Comment

B - Bowling today in a town nearby. I just watched as my fiancee did the bowling. He did really well.

C - Cloudy today, but really warm here. I love the warmer weather we're getting, and this time of year is the best! The grass is getting grean again, the sun is staying out longer and longer, and soon the trees will start to leaf out. Ahhhhhhhhh!

D - Did spend a little time outside today as we drove to the other town to bowl. It was a nice drive.

Comment

C -- Chainmail try-out of new weave: Half-Persian 3-in-1. So far, I have not had my AHA-moment. European 4-in-1 weave is so much easier. (that's 4 pre-closed rings, in 1 open ring which you then close) No wonder every chainmail shirt in history was made with that weave.

Comment

D - Done, well almost done with taxes.

E - Ever a challenge filling out forms and now moreso with the new tax law.

F - Frowning that the ACA mandate has taken a big bite out of my refund.

G - Going to double-check the numbers tomorrow before mailing it out.

H - Happily, it doesn't need to be postmarked until the 18th. We have an extra three days to file this year.
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

I = It's *that* (TAX) time of the year already? ..I'm still lagging from dealing with my #1 sister passing away.. so not even thinking about Taxes.. just *mortality* of no more anything ever again to deal with in this world... Hubby took care of the taxes already, so I'll need a CPA if I lose him, too.

Comment

J - Just not worried about mine, as mine were done over a month ago. My return was taken because of a defaulted student loan.

Comment

K -- Knowing my tax-forms are prefilled and all I have to do is check the numbers are correct, is a blessing. I'm happily a member of the group of people in our population who has easy tax-forms. I own nothing... except for my car... and ... oh wait... I'm about to co-own a house. Nevermind...

Comment

L - Less than happy with the ACA mandate that's making me loose almost 25% of my tax refund.

M - Maybe the government didn't consider that the reason some people don't have medical insurance is because they can't afford it.

N - Now consider that it's less expensive to pay out-of-pocket than to dish out big $$$ each month for coverage. Let's see what the prez does regarding the mandate per his promise.
                            Last edited by pscard; 18 April 2017, 06:58 AM.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

O -- Or you know, universal healthcare...

Comment

P = Problematic flaky skin peeling off legs.. not *pretty* sight, especially when it happens almost daily (definitely weekly, especially after showering and water is lukewarm, not HOT!). Not caused by sunburn, either.. Might be age related, but I feel like a molting lizard. Ewwww.

Q = Quite annoying dealing with this problem. Been to dermatologist and got ointment and creams to use. Winter weather is usually the worst times causing severely dry skin issues. However, been using exfoliant scrubbers and moisturizers to replenish damaged skin areas. Sometimes, I have to apply the moisturizing healing stuff twice a day (morning and evening), and that sometimes makes the skin feel rubbery enough to start rubbing/scratching off any excess flaking. blech!

R = Resurrection season...? The rebirth of decayed life into something new and beautiful keeps nagging at the back of my imaginative mind... Recently, maybe due to too much stress, not much is helping resolve this particular skin problem. Also take B-5 vitamin for skin production and renewal, but since the dumb stores stopped selling it in the standard 100 mg dosage several years ago, I've had to figure out by experimentation on how to break down a 500 mg tablet and make it work like the original 100 mg tablets worked. Not easy! Situation got worse, instead of healing.

S = Sensitive skin is also another issue with this flaking skin dilemma! Scratching down to the capillaries -- not good. Have to further apply healing ointment to prevent further breakdown occurring.

T = Takes about 30 minutes or more just to scrap off the excess pieces of flaky skin, and sometimes just for one leg (each). So, since it's been recommended that cucumbers are good for the skin, and eating more cucmbers into my diet has helped a little bit, I decided to try rubbing the inside of the peeled cucumber skin to the afflicted areas. It worked last night, but need to keep trying to see if this will be the ultimate cure-all. If it is, I wish those in the health industry would explain in simple terms which part of the cucumber to use and how to apply it, in order to stop dry skin from flaking off every day.

U = Using (rubbing) extra-virgin olive oil has also been a suggestion, but it's naturally oily and basically ruins fabrics, such as clothes and furniture. Same issue with applying Vitamin E or A oils. So, I've opted for the cucumber treatment; but sliding whole (innards of) cucumber slices along the skin have been leaving ickky bits on the skin. Trying to see if rubbing the inside of the cucumber "outer" peels will work better. Tried many treatments up to this point, but seems since I'm not one of those blessed with a perfect human body, getting old is just a metamorphosis into a withering something that just keeps perking my curiosity, that maybe I'll end up in the next life as a dazzling, energy butterfly/angel winged type of creature, after the chrysalis (transformation) stage of death ends, and *eternity* begins.
                                Last edited by SGalisa; 12 April 2017, 07:04 PM. Reason: corrected description

Comment

Working...
                                X