Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    LOL. I'll be damned if if I pay someone to do what I should be able to figure out and do myself.
    I feel better paying someone, I'd probably screw something up if I did it myself. I could probably do it, but I don't want to mess it up.
    sigpic

Comment

The last time I filed Federal taxes, I got my forms back with a letter telling me I had used the wrong form THE YEAR BEFORE. Never mind the fact I was using the correct form that year. They were going to refuse the current correct form until I fixed the form for the previous year. Well, I'm on Medicare Disability. I'm not required to file taxes anyway. I just chucked the whole mess and said, "Piss on 'em!"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
        The last time I filed Federal taxes, I got my forms back with a letter telling me I had used the wrong form THE YEAR BEFORE. Never mind the fact I was using the correct form that year. They were going to refuse the current correct form until I fixed the form for the previous year. Well, I'm on Medicare Disability. I'm not required to file taxes anyway. I just chucked the whole mess and said, "Piss on 'em!"
        That would be something that would happen to me, and I'd probably drive myself crazy thinking I filled something out wrong. Every time I need to fill anything out I always look it over a million times and then worry that I did it wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

I can add work-around-the-house-on-a-quiet-saturday-afternoon to my peeves.

Whomever was drilling holes in whatever wall in my neighborhood on Saturday afternoon, by the end of it I wanted to shove that drill up there where the sun doesn't shine. Goddess, so annoying.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I can add work-around-the-house-on-a-quiet-saturday-afternoon to my peeves.

Whomever was drilling holes in whatever wall in my neighborhood on Saturday afternoon, by the end of it I wanted to shove that drill up there where the sun doesn't shine. Goddess, so annoying.
            What are you gonna do when the power goes out and the guy next door fires up his gasoline generator and leaves it going till the power comes back up?

Comment

Ok, I get that my upstairs neighbours are spending more time playing with their young kids while everybody's in lockdown.

But do they have to do it at ten o'clock at night when I'm in my bed trying to sleep?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

My next door neighbor deciding to start his car and rev the engine at 5am was really annoying. It was so loud it set off someone's car alarm. He probably hadn't started the thing for a month from the sound of it, was it really necessary to start it at 5 in the morning, waiting a few more hours wouldn't have killed him.
                sigpic

Comment

What are you gonna do when the power goes out and the guy next door fires up his gasoline generator and leaves it going till the power comes back up?
                  Nothing cause no such thing exists here... the generator, I mean.

Comment

Nothing cause no such thing exists here... the generator, I mean.
                    No portable generators? Next, you're gonna tell me you folks never developed running water.

Comment

No portable generators? Next, you're gonna tell me you folks never developed running water.
                      No such thing as portable generators, nope.

Running water yes. Indoor plumbing -- yes.

Comment

No such thing as portable generators, nope.

Running water yes. Indoor plumbing -- yes.
                        you guys must go into DT's when the power goes out then

Comment

Last time the power went was... last year -- around october, i think. The entire street went dark. A waterpipe burst and shut the whole neighborhood down.

Comment

Last time the power went was... last year -- around october, i think. The entire street went dark. A waterpipe burst and shut the whole neighborhood down.
                            Why don't you folks have generators? Gotta be a reason.. they're incredibly useful when the power does fail.

Comment

I don't know where you are, but here in Florida, generators can be expensive...especially for folks on fixed incomes. When the power goes out at night, I just go to bed or read for a bit on my phone, then sleep. If it goes out after a hurricane, I set up my grill for cooking. After one hurricane, I cooked for the neighborhood in ecxhange for various foods or other services, like cleaning up debris. After a few days, we were able to get the loan of a generator for a few days. Where I live now, out in the woods, we really do look out for one another. It's not unusual for folks who have hunted pig to share with others they know are having hard times. Better than living in town.

My pet peeve is when someone acts like illness is a competion. Everytime a person comments on an ache or other thing, that person has to feel worse, be sicker than, the person who spoke in the first place. My dad is one of those. *sigh* It's so annoying.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                                I don't know where you are, but here in Florida, generators can be expensive...especially for folks on fixed incomes. When the power goes out at night, I just go to bed or read for a bit on my phone, then sleep. If it goes out after a hurricane, I set up my grill for cooking. After one hurricane, I cooked for the neighborhood in ecxhange for various foods or other services, like cleaning up debris. After a few days, we were able to get the loan of a generator for a few days. Where I live now, out in the woods, we really do look out for one another. It's not unusual for folks who have hunted pig to share with others they know are having hard times. Better than living in town.

My pet peeve is when someone acts like illness is a competion. Everytime a person comments on an ache or other thing, that person has to feel worse, be sicker than, the person who spoke in the first place. My dad is one of those. *sigh* It's so annoying.
                                As I understand it, very few homes in Florida have basements, due to a high water table?

Around here, most houses do have basements, and very often have water entry issues after even moderate rainfall, and you have to have a sump pump to pump the water out; the homes are constructed with pits for them and so forth; that's just the way they are designed. Those sump pumps operate on electricity, making power failures very serious matters indeed. If it's been raining much, several hours without power results in flooded basements, with all that implies, damaged/destroyed furnaces, appliances and whatever else is down there.

They're not exactly cheap around here, but I consider them required equipment.

Comment

Working...
                                X