Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    it coming from Germany, im German and i've never heard it said there or in anything German
    This, after banging on about so called proper Australians and British ancestors?
    sigpic

Comment

only a little bit German it comes from an Uncle im not even related to sooooo im lost my self
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
        That's because it's derived from a type of German called Middle Low German, last spoken about four hundred years ago.

Also, you're German? So you're not really properly Australian in that case, are you?
        read later post
        sigpic

Comment

only a little bit German it comes from an Uncle im not even related to sooooo im lost my self
          How can you be even a little bit German if you're not even related to the Uncle who's German??
          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

its one of those things how your say dads best mate is classed as your Uncle i think in Europe you use the God-mother/father terms
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
              How can you be even a little bit German if you're not even related to the Uncle who's German??
              Because of Charlemagne! Hehe.
              sigpic

Comment

Charlemagne?
                sigpic

Comment

its one of those things how your say dads best mate is classed as your Uncle i think in Europe you use the God-mother/father terms
                  Does t make you German though...

Comment

i get lost sometimes
                    sigpic

Comment

Stating an opinion that rides the edge of "politically correct" and watching my friends tear each other up over it.

I only meant that it's frustrating to walk into certain stores and be unable to get help because NO ONE speaks the native language very well. This is a rampant problem where I live. Sorry I stirred up such a kettle of fish!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

People who think they're better than immigrants just because they happened to have been born in their country, which incidentally is often a nation built by early immigrants who trampled all over the indigenous people of said country.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Cheesecake.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                            Stating an opinion that rides the edge of "politically correct" and watching my friends tear each other up over it.

I only meant that it's frustrating to walk into certain stores and be unable to get help because NO ONE speaks the native language very well. This is a rampant problem where I live. Sorry I stirred up such a kettle of fish!
                            Oh, don't get me wrong, that is quite annoying, and I do believe that immigrants should make an effort to learn the language of their new country, but there's a difference between that and saying that all immigrants are bad, idiots, or whatever.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            People who think they're better than immigrants just because they happened to have been born in their country, which incidentally is often a nation built by early immigrants who trampled all over the indigenous people of said country.
                            this.

Comment

People who don't worship the great Bacon
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                Cheesecake.
                                Yes Cheesecake is very annoying
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange