Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    yes it is and i respect them for being nice but mate is a saying we earned from sheeding blood, sweat and tears with our ancestors the Brits and when a CHINESE person says mate for me it's like them taking a crap on our flag i mean why can't they say like 'nice weather isn't it?' or 'how are you?'
    I'm not gonna lie.... I haven't the foggiest idea what you're on about.
    My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

oh your British aren't you? i mean when we fought side by side in the trenches you saved us and we saved you thus earning the word mate
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I'm not actually British, I'm just living here. And I still don't understand what you mean by "earning" the word mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
          I'm not gonna lie.... I haven't the foggiest idea what you're on about.
          Neither do i. Australia, like America and Canadia, is a nations of immigrants from all over the world, as well as their indigenousness populations. Not just the UK.

oh your British aren't you? i mean when we fought side by side in the trenches you saved us and we saved you thus earning the word mate
          This is nonsense. And please dont bring us Brits into your ramblings in an attempt to justify said nonsense.
          sigpic

Comment

meh
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not actually British, I'm just living here. And I still don't understand what you mean by "earning" the word mate.
              I think you've been here as long as i've been on GW. Thats British enough. Now go collect your fancy computer chipped British passport.
              sigpic

Comment

meh
                Good explanation! That cleared it right up!

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                I think you've been here as long as i've been on GW. Thats British enough. Now go collect your fancy computer chipped British passport.
                Well, I have a British girl friend, I enjoy a pint (I'm sitting drinking one right now, as a matter of fact!), and fish and chips are the best thing since sliced bread!

Comment

Well, I have a British girl friend, I enjoy a pint (I'm sitting drinking one right now, as a matter of fact!), and fish and chips are the best thing since sliced bread!
                  You forgot to mention tea. Im afraid we're gonna have to deport you. Im sorry, you'll get another go next year.
                  sigpic

Comment

yes it did look im not getting through to you and im tired so
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                      You forgot to mention tea. Im afraid we're gonna have to deport you. Im sorry, you'll get another go next year.
                      I like tea! Had a cup of Earl Gray this morning!

yes it did look im not getting through to you and im tired so
                      I'm seemingly not the only one who's a bit confused by your ramblings.... Incidentally, did you know that the
                      English word "mate" is derived from a Middle Low German word?

Comment

?
                        sigpic

Comment

What part are you confused by?

Comment

I like tea! Had a cup of Earl Gray this morning!
                            OK, you can stay. But big brother is watching!
                            sigpic

Comment

What part are you confused by?
                              it coming from Germany, im German and i've never heard it said there or in anything German
                              sigpic

Comment

it coming from Germany, im German and i've never heard it said there or in anything German
                                That's because it's derived from a type of German called Middle Low German, last spoken about four hundred years ago.

Also, you're German? So you're not really properly Australian in that case, are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X