Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Near as I can figure from Genesis Adam and Eve were merely blind followers who were given everything they wanted and had no reason to advance, learn or grow as a species...... Personally I'm all for saying the serpent did us a favour.
    Not really. Most of us are now (all) suffering for it (that so-called *favour*), unless a person was born with that proverbial silver spoon in their mouth without any worries at all -- health or weath-wise. And based on recent news (ISIL), seems our world is about to get more complicated very soon.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    which raises another question, why the hell did my schoolteachers make me go through exams? why didn't they just give us our degrees & make our lives easier?
    or do they not care about us?

ey that gives me an idea suppose I commit several deadly sins and later on have descendants, can I transfer the sin to them & have them punished in my place? I believe that's how it works in the bible but ain't too sure. it'd be so nice of God if he made that possible
    okay,
    I see what you did. So my grammar isn't clear enough.
    Sorry, but even tho "the sins of the parents pass on to their children" and the next generation after and so forth, the parents gotta pay their share of the penalties too. Unless of course a person goes to Jesus and seeks forgiveness his way (to believe that he saves us from eternal u-know-what and to do as Jesus commanded / suggested as what is the best way to get into heaven). Otherwise, you're on your own.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Adam and Eve would not have fallen without the apparent willing consent of God for Satan to tempt them at all. You can say that is the failure of man, but as an Omniscient being, the meal was cooked a long time ago.

It's a trick test, with a ridiculous cost for pre determined failure. Remove the notion that God is omniscient, and you now have a fair test.

I doubt I will meet your God, not because I do not believe in the existence of your God, but I do not believe in it's Uniqueness.
    Actually, the test was for Lucifer and his minions who followed him on that downward spiraling path to nowhere. We've already had these discussions in the original "Religion" topic, so I really don't feel like going back now to dwell on that.

In short, the test was to prove to Lucifer what God was about to do for his human creations -- send himself as the ultimate *love* sacrifice, instead and restore the Adamic structure back to its purist state (before "sin" was committed). Sadly, crimes still abound on this planet, so that is difficult to explain. Please---ask God (directly) for the answers instead, since the devil likes to run circles around this subject.

If you're truly seeking the truth, it will be revealed. That's all I can say on that beyond what I've already said elsewhere. (And that is usually the answer the more expert *wise* ones tell me-- to go and ask God directly.. eventually, he will answer in some way or another.. even if it ends up being answered in your next life -- which might be too late by then)

Your schoolteachers do not claim divinity and omniscience. It is also their role to educate with understanding, not tell you to do it or suffer for reasons you will never comprehend.
    Gee, that sounds like something the LORD ("God") would say (have pointed out). BTW, we have all the wisdom of the world to learn by, but comprehending it is another story. Think Job (pronounced Jo-b). Job suffered for reasons he did not comprehend, and when he confronted (and asked) God about his dilemma, God asked Job where was Job when Leviathan was created or something along that conversation.

Sidenote---I do think God has a warped sort of sense of humor picking on Job, as his model servant. Job was certainly one creative *job* the devil picked on. Job *supposedly* had (ulcer) sores he couldn't even scrape off. Folks with psoriasis and seborrhea can easily relate to that!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      Sorry, but even tho "the sins of the parents pass on to their children" and the next generation after and so forth, the parents gotta pay their share of the penalties too.
      aha! so it's still possible to cheat a bit & mitigate one's punishment by dumping a share of it onto the kids? -_-

does it depend on the # of kids?
      say if the sinner has 9 kids, then the punishment will be divided by 10 for the sinner and the 90% remaining will be borne by the kids?

Comment

Sidenote---I do think God has a warped sort of sense of humor picking on Job, as his model servant. Job was certainly one creative *job* the devil picked on. Job *supposedly* had (ulcer) sores he couldn't even scrape off. Folks with psoriasis and seborrhea can easily relate to that!
        did he give Job compensation for the trials he put him through?

Comment

Not really. Most of us are now (all) suffering for it (that so-called *favour*), unless a person was born with that proverbial silver spoon in their mouth without any worries at all -- health or weath-wise. And based on recent news (ISIL), seems our world is about to get more complicated very soon.
          Those are not "divine considerations", they are real world issues made by real world people.

okay,
          I see what you did. So my grammar isn't clear enough.
          Sorry, but even tho "the sins of the parents pass on to their children" and the next generation after and so forth, the parents gotta pay their share of the penalties too. Unless of course a person goes to Jesus and seeks forgiveness his way (to believe that he saves us from eternal u-know-what and to do as Jesus commanded / suggested as what is the best way to get into heaven). Otherwise, you're on your own.
          Kiss your concept of free will out the door, there is no "suggestion", there are mere commandments.

Actually, the test was for Lucifer and his minions who followed him on that downward spiraling path to nowhere. We've already had these discussions in the original "Religion" topic, so I really don't feel like going back now to dwell on that.
          Ahh, so the test was for not us, but the Morninglord, we just happen to be the poor mooks who suffer for their "divine war"
          No wonder you don't want to think about that...........

In short, the test was to prove to Lucifer what God was about to do for his human creations -- send himself as the ultimate *love* sacrifice, instead and restore the Adamic structure back to its purist state (before "sin" was committed).
          Excuse me??
          Lucifer existed and fell before God "came up" with the concept of Jesus.
          Sadly, crimes still abound on this planet, so that is difficult to explain. Please---ask God (directly) for the answers instead, since the devil likes to run circles around this subject.
          Why would I ask *your* god?

If you're truly seeking the truth, it will be revealed. That's all I can say on that beyond what I've already said elsewhere.
          Why not just say "I don't know"?
          If knowledge of good and evil was man's original sin, is not surety in your own knowledge to make absolute statements the ultimate example of Lucifers Pride?

(And that is usually the answer the more expert *wise* ones tell me-- to go and ask God directly.. eventually, he will answer in some way or another.. even if it ends up being answered in your next life -- which might be too late by then)
          If I am reading your interpretations correctly, and next life being Heaven or Hell, he should set up his call centre better.

Gee, that sounds like something the LORD ("God") would say (have pointed out).
          Actually it's the total opposite. God commands blind obedience with no reason besides punishment, a teacher should provide reason to what they are trying to teach you.
          BTW, we have all the wisdom of the world to learn by, but comprehending it is another story. Think Job (pronounced Jo-b). Job suffered for reasons he did not comprehend, and when he confronted (and asked) God about his dilemma, God asked Job where was Job when Leviathan was created or something along that conversation.
          So, God was being a cosmic Arse and played the "age card" Jo-b, should have turned around and said "who are you with no one to believe in you, you may have created all, but without us to appreciate it, you are nothing" The king with no subjects is no better than the meanest peasant, no matter his wealth or power.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

aha! so it's still possible to cheat a bit & mitigate one's punishment by dumping a share of it onto the kids? -_-

say if the sinner has 9 kids, then the punishment will be divided by 10 for the sinner and the 90% remaining will be borne by the kids?
            .... I'm beginning to get the sense that this is the real reason why some religious people are so dead set against contraception.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Actually it's the total opposite. God commands blind obedience with no reason besides punishment, a teacher should provide reason to what they are trying to teach you.

So, God was being a cosmic Arse and played the "age card" Jo-b, should have turned around and said "who are you with no one to believe in you, you may have created all, but without us to appreciate it, you are nothing" The king with no subjects is no better than the meanest peasant, no matter his wealth or power.

When you put it like that God sounds just like the ORI
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                There is a reason for that
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And based on recent news (ISIL), seems our world is about to get more complicated very soon.
                  Why, in the name of all that is good, are you so afraid of Islam? Christianity in all its glory is doing exactly the same thing, has done exactly the same thing. How many countries out there have taken from the bible and applied it to their laws? How many countries have no separation of church and state? How many of those you think are christian (in some form) and/or islamic (in some form), or whatever other religion there is?

Look at those damn African countries who use the bible to condemn homosexuals, because the damn book says it's wrong and sinful? (And not just Africans who comdemn us to death for it)

The bible says its wrong, so marriage should be between one man and one woman -- doesn't that ring a bell?

Sharia law as explained by the Encyclopediae Brittanica:

Shar??ah, also spelled Sharia, the fundamental religious concept of Islam, namely its law, systematized during the 2nd and 3rd centuries of the Muslim era (8th–9th centuries ce).

Total and unqualified submission to the will of Allah (God) is the fundamental tenet of Islam: Islamic law is therefore the expression of Allah’s command for Muslim society and, in application, constitutes a system of duties that are incumbent upon a Muslim by virtue of his religious belief. Known as the Shar??ah (literally, “the path leading to the watering place”), the law constitutes a divinely ordained path of conduct that guides Muslims toward a practical expression of religious conviction in this world and the goal of divine favour in the world to come.
                  Now, tell me, how's that any different from someone interpreting the bible in its most extreme form.

Because they too ask for absolute obedience without question?
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Reality is reality. "Prophecy" is hogwash--or at the very best, a lucky guess.

Oh Digi you are vary brave to say this in this thread

I joined this thread late into the party.

What about so called "psychics" who make predictions and prophecies? All fake or not?

I'm in the "they're all fake camp"

Comment

God's not very loving when the choice is "follow me or burn"

Comment

God's not very loving when the choice is "follow me or burn"
                        Burned, drowned, hung, crucified, tortured, pulled apart, ...

Being a pagan/infidel was/is a risky business.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh Digi you are vary brave to say this in this thread

I joined this thread late into the party.

What about so called "psychics" who make predictions and prophecies? All fake or not?

I'm in the "they're all fake camp"
                          I personally think it's possible for a person to be ultra observant and notice things that even they aren't consciously aware of, hence why they may believe that they're Psychic themselves. I mean obviously, many are just con artists but others seem to have a legitimate belief in their abilities.
                          Having said that I don't rule out the idea of psychic ability all together, just as I don't completely rule out other supernatural events. I'm sceptical but then again the mind is a powerful thing..... even if it's just in the sense of being able to easily fool itself.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ummm. Not quite. According to the way it was explained in our "Bible" classes, the sins of the parents is carried to the next generation via DNA/RNA and social upbringing and ends up being magnified or expanded upon from the first generation where the "action" was committed (meaning the parents who are the 1st generation). When David married over 5 wives, his son (who was born when David committed adultery, btw)--King Solomon multiplied that action and had approximately 1000 women in his harem -- I forget which number of wives vs. concubines. It's just amazing that God would actually *bless* this lineage, when such an action goes against the original rules and regs of the Law.

did he give Job compensation for the trials he put him through?
                            Only after the test was over. Job ended up being blessed with twice the amount of cattle, wealth, and lands, but had the same number of kids... figure that one out.
                            I know many folks who are looking forward to their trials and tribulations ending, so they can end up with such wonderful blessings.

(but the whole key is being a *righteous* person, not just a good person, but a righteous person in the eyes of almighty God.. only God can be the judge of that type of character, not man or any human, including ourselves).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Why, in the name of all that is good, are you so afraid of Islam?
                              Sharia law as explained by the Encyclopediae Brittanica:
                              Apparently, you're ignoring the Caliphate's contract with the Muslim world. Please read it again and see if you will willingly bow down to such rules and regs. People are getting beheaded and murdered, etc., under these (Islamic state) guys.

It's NOT a pretty picture. Even Iran is a tad upset with the matter. In fact, a good portion of the media who has reported this, is upset.

Boco Haram in Africa is also apparently a Sunni Muslim branch. They are the ones who have been murdering, burning, slaughtering and beheading folks in Nigeria. They kidnapped over 200 girls, threatened to rape/marry them, now there is news that the girls are being used as a kidnapping negotiation wedge. It is doubtful they will come out of the in the ultimate end alive -- by staying alive, if they are released. Any damage that could be done has probably already been done to them (beaten, impregnated, whatever). The extreme SHARIA Law being enforced on these girls requires death (claiming to be *honor* killing) to anyone who veers off the path of Islam.

Re-read the contract given to the residents of Mosul again. It's in the quote below.
                              Another report came out claiming that ISIS (now "the Islamic State") is planning a large scale attack in/on, or from Lebanon. ((They ain't wasting any time in gulping up the lands, etc.))
                              Spoiler:
                              http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.601892

"Report: ISIS planning massive bombing wave in Lebanon"
                              Jihadists crucify one of their own for corruption in Syria and issue 'laws' in the Mosul area of Iraq.
                              By Haaretz, Jun. 29, 2014, 2:42 PM

{in addition to the article, there was some highlighted material as to what ISIL declared in Nineveh--}

'Called a "Contract of the City," the document sets out the law for residents of the area.

* All Muslims will be treated well, unless they are allied with oppressors or help criminals.

* Money taken from the government is now public. Whoever steals or loots faces amputations. Anyone who threatens or blackmails will face severe punishment (This section also quotes a verse from the Quran (Al-Ma'idah: 33) that says that criminals may be killed or crucified.)

* All Muslims are encouraged to perform their prayers with the group.

* Drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes are banned.

* Rival political or armed groups are not tolerated.

* Police and military officers can repent, but anyone who insists upon apostasy faces death.

* Sharia law is implemented.

* Graves and shrines are not allowed, and will be destroyed.

* All women are told that stability is at home and they should not go outside unless necessary. They should be covered, in full Islamic dress.

* Be happy to live in an Islamic land.'

Wonder what those residents who returned to that (Mosul, Iraq regional) area think of the *enforced* rules and regs now..
                              I can agree with the no drugs/booze/smoking. gahhhh!
                              How much of the rest of this world will tolerate these rules/regs? Just in that line alone is probably about 80% to 90% of the world's population.

It's the working moms and girls who have to work, due to the economy that this *contract* is being unfair to. Most homes I know are 2 or MORE income families. The females do NOT work where their male family members work, if there are any male family guys nearby, at all. Wearing a burka is one thing, but subjecting women to NOT being allowed to walk, drive, or ride alone to work or to the store is just oppressive. Look at the long term problems, not the images some people have given us in passing encounters. And females working alone in a garden, because there either isNOT a male guard in the home to supervise them outside, or whatever, that's just not fair at all.

It's not a question of *FEAR* but fairness. To oppose (or complain about) such oppressing rules/regs, especially by a non-Muslim (or "infidel") is subject -- merited to death. And the infidel has no choice in how they want to die -- look at journalist Daniel Pearl--beheaded (by A-Q), because he refused to convert. (How many times does that story and similar ones need to be brought back up?)

It's the CONTRACT that ISIS (Now the Islamic State) have posted -- that is what people have been objecting to ever since Pam Geller's Atlas Shrugs site has been harping on and Glen Beck brought it to light over 3 years ago.

When I first realized this is what my neighbor *might* be living with years ago, that public CONTRACT is what dashed my image of Arabian adventures from childhood fairytales a very long time ago.

Life *is* a bed of roses ---- Those pretty roses have nasty, pricky thorns underneath.

If this is the life you want to be subjected to, go for it. Worship the new leader. No one is stopping anyone from doing this.
                              In fact, I just read on a different website forum, a letter of greeting and praise to the new Caliph. I wasn't sure if the person who started the praising was serious or joking.

Other websites consider this "Islamic State" Caliphate (declaration) takeover phase as a very serious matter.
                              Israel's future is being decided thru it. I was reading people posting warnings about the entire Middle East (if not the entire world) being on the verge of WWIII.

No, I'm not afraid of WWIII about to fall upon us, either, if war(s) break out. Just prefer not to deal with the fallout after-effects(--thank you very much! Remember how Daniel died in Stargate-SG1 from radiation poisoning?) The only difference between the 1970's cold war threats and now is that this ain't gonna go away too soon--too easily.
                              There's a saying -- "thank you for my happy retirement!" -- but dying (in grotesque ways) is not the way it was imagined to become.
                              I think that speaks for a majority of our world's population.
                              *sigh*

Comment

What if you were never taught religion? Do you then burn in hell because you did not know about God? How caring and kind is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X