No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves hi* it's been too long since I checked in here but I'm so happy to see the thread is still going strong!

Based on some Janeway art I saw on tumblr last week, I decided to start a new series: The many faces of Tapping. The idea was to try out new tutorials, hopefully learning something, and get some AT art to look at.
    One thing I can say already: tutorials made by members of this thread are the best tutorials, easy to follow and written so every step makes sense <3

Part one:
    Spoiler:

Based on this tut.

Part two:
    Spoiler:

It's based on the same tutorial as part one, but with different settings. (I consider this some of my best work)

Part three:
    Spoiler:

Based on this tut, which was difficult for me to follow

Part four:
    Spoiler:

Based on this tut, the result is a bit messy, but I did learn something new, so that's all good

Comment

Here is the tutorial I wrote for that guy with green eyes

http://fav.me/dcen42i

And nice work, Jumble and SCIMM

Comment

Thank you, Az'ryel

Comment

Thanks Az'ryel

Good to see you SCIMM

Comment

No problem Jumble and SCIMM

I am too lazy to try anything else this week really, but I might for another tut week

Comment

Thank you, and you too, Jumble

Comment

Lovely work, Jumble and SCIMM! Jumble, I’m not sure which one I prefer too but I love both your results from my tut

And thanks for the tut from your colourful piece, Az’ryel!
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thank you, josi

Comment

No problem, josi, I hope it works if anyone wants to try out

Comment

After getting some shots at my local library and getting them into my laptop, my art program decided to.... knock itself out. Three times in a row. So I making a mystical doorway using TEXT randomised lettering and then moving and layering it around kinda helped

Of course I had to MAKE the friggin doorway TWICE due to the art program killing itself. {Its happened before} I now have IN MY HEAD how it will look.

Now ot just MAKE this mystical librarian fellow

The hardest part is figuring out critical points in the piece, details, masking bits, etc. But now that I have the PLACEMENT of everything settled I can deal with the art program killing itself on occasion

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Now this one I DO like, mainly because it came out more as I felt it should From another of Josi's tuts

Comment

Oh yes, that has come out very well!
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Very good, Jumble

Are any of you experiencing the problem with other people reposting your work as if it was their own? Either on Twitter, tumblr, IG or other.

It happened to me again last night and it's something that bothers me a lot.

Comment

I sign mine with my artist name's "initials", but I wouldn't know that anyone ever had taken one of mine, only happens to people that are better I suppose
                              I am however not sure you can even claim a copyright ion photo-manipulation fan art, if not it also can't count as stealing really. Even though of course it is not nice

and I can see why you like that art, Jumble, it is very nice indeed

Comment

I do put my name on it, not that it stops people from reposting. Perhaps you just haven't discovered it, if it has happened to you, I think your art looks great.

I'm not claiming copyright, I don't think that's possible. This is more a matter of people in a rather old and therefore small fandom reposting the work other people have spent time making. Nothing can be done about it, once it's out there, it's out there. But it is, as you put it, not nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X