Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutorial Week 70

This week is a Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries (both your original tutorial and any art you make following a tutorial this week) to Jumble.
    Please "sign" your artwork!
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Nice challenge entries Jumble, I thought of taking part but I didn't know what to use for Thanksgiving really since its not something celebrated where I live...so I could not "feel the mood" of that day

Comment

Thanks Az'ryel

We don't celebrate it here either, so all I know about Thanksgiving is turkeys, so I went with that For the colours one I had no idea so just plumped for blue! It's all for fun so doesn't have to be that accurate

You can always leave one/some out - it would just be nice to have some more entries

Comment

Thing is, I am more of a traditional artist, better with pen and paper than digital, so I feel a little out of place with my arts in those challenges often

Because all of the entries I see are mostly only digi-arts. that apart from the fact that sometimes RL comes in the way of doing arts at all

Comment

Oh, Please don't be put off just because you create your art differently to most of us - variety is the spice and all that Most of the challenges are 'open to your own interpretation' so you can pretty much do what you like roughly within their boundaries

Comment

YAY TUT WEEK!! MY FAVORITE WEEK!!
              I HAVE A TUT FOR YOU ALL!!

So stupidly easy and based PURELY on GIMP with latest stable version {in this case 2.8.22}

1 MUST HAVE FX FOUNDRY FOR GIMP INSTALLED

2 Take a normal image, can be a recently taken picture on the phone or a screenshot of a TV show with slight image corrections done to adjust white balance and color balance {only if required} In this case I used a pretty picture iof a lovely lady named Liu Sitong

3 Using FX Foundry under ARTISTIC I selected the following settings Quick Sketch --> 30 {default settings} OK

4 FLATTEN IMAGE {right click dodge layer slect merge down}

5 Minor smudging work will be needed to get the final result or desired results of your chosen image

END RESULT Is this pretty "hand drawn" portrait!

http://fav.me/dbss7am

Let me see what you guys can make!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'll try to do something similar with my own drawings, I don't use gimp though just an old version of PSE

Comment

Here is one I made following Princess' tutorial

http://fav.me/dbt19br

And this is a tutorial I wrote for you to try out:

1. Open a new file on a graphic program (I used PSE8 but it should also work on GIMP)
                  2. Create a new layer and use brush tools to fully paint it with colors
                  3. Create another layer above that and draw anything on it you like, important is that it must be filled and not just an outline
                  4. Create a cutting mask from your object
                  5. Select your colored layer again and press copy and then paste
                  6. If it worked, after pasting you have an object in the shape of the object you drew in the colors of your color-layer
                  7. Play around with that new object that could also hide unseen in a specific spot on your color-layer, add effects and other things to it
                  8. Repeat step 3, 4, 5 and 6 as often as you like
                  9. Use the color-layer as a background for your other objects
                  10. Draw a nice frame in one color

Have fun XD
                  Here is an example I did

http://fav.me/dbt1b3i
                  Last edited by DarkenLycht; 07 November 2017, 11:11 AM. Reason: Updated the tutorial a bit

Comment

Nice entries Az'ryel, and thanks for the tut

I found the tut that I was searching for - fortunately I always date tuts that I copy and also date whatever I make from it, so it was just a case of scrolling back to February 2013

So, based on Yami's tut

This is the first one I made for that tut....

Last edited by Jumble; 08 November 2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jumble You made some sweet arts there, too

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                        Here is one I made following Princess' tutorial

http://fav.me/dbt19br
                        PRETTY! I like way much!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          PRETTY! I like way much!
                          Thank you The original was drawn on a lined paper with colored ink

Comment

Thank you

Comment

TUTORIAL WEEK 70

Jumble from Yami's tut

Az'ryel from Princess Awinita's tut

Az'ryel from her own tut

Comment

CHALLENGE WEEK 247

George Michael Song Lyrics

It’s almost a year since he died, but his songs and music live on. Your challenge this week to create a piece of artwork inspired by the lyrics of his songs. For a list of his song titles click here.

PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO SARAI BY 5PM UK TIME

Please remember to Sign your pieces – thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X