• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making productive use of a day off... for the challenge:

sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Gorgeous!

Now that we're not able to use PB, could I please urge you all to put your names on your arties? Saves us having to name them when we save, and once they're in imgbox the filenames are all gibberish

Thanks
      Last edited by Jumble; 19 September 2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Gorgeous!

Now that we're not able to use PB, could I please urge you all to put your names on your arties? Saves us having to name them when we save, and once they're in imgbox the filenames are all gibberish

Thanks
        I know, The problem is that I also upload from imgbox which means whatever I name it, it gets another name.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I've been busy, this time inspired by recent music tracks I've been listening to. namely, G.E.M.s Queen of Hearts tour...

Meet Gem Crystaleye http://fav.me/dbnwa5p

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            I know, The problem is that I also upload from imgbox which means whatever I name it, it gets another name.
            Exactly! That's why I'm asking for everyone to sign their artwork - that way we can always see who made it

Comment

Gorgeous!

Thanks
              Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              ImgBox assigned names are only for internal organization purposes. The links ImgBox uses does not include user names. If two different people upload to completely different images but use the exact same title, how would anyone tell the difference.

Saving the image does so with the ORIGINAL file name. Whether embedded, open the image in a new tab or going to the ImgBox page itself.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Which is why, as I said, I am asking that everyone sign their artworks.

Comment

Which is why, as I said, I am asking that everyone sign their artworks.
                  I do that anyway always, for copyright reasons the only time when I don't is when I compose something from pics is snatched from someone else, then thy get a disclaimer under them where I post them

Comment

Banner by syfyfan

Challenge 241

One Scene

Your challenge this week is to make artwork featuring multiple images but all from the same scene. Textures/stock etc allowed too but your piece must contain at least two screencaps from within the same scene.

Josiane

JadedWraith

Slizzie

Comment

(banner by ladygris)

CHALLENGE WEEK 242

INSPIRATION CHALLENGE

Your challenge this week is to make a piece of art inspired by a piece someone else has made (not imitating, or following a tut too closely, but using the same theme or textures or composition or otherwise inspired by it).

SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO JOSIANE BY 5PM UK
                      TIME ON FRIDAY
                      AND PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR ARTWORK

Comment

If you guys want feel free to add this to the challenge; but I was actually inspired, of all things, BY A BOOK; a roleplaying game sourcebook actually, But a book nonetheless!

http://fav.me/dbo9hvl

Arda 3 will be my primary world for a fanfiction story in the Star Wars universe; the story is currently untitled at this time. But I am happy with how the project came out

NOTICE; Large image; zoom in to see all details

Again yes I was inspired by a Book of all things but most of the information is my own

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Some Star Trek TNG stuff I did. Well, just the Riker and Troi portion (All Riker and Troi pics from TrekCore):

Riker/Troi Avatars (Made just before Gateworld 3.0 so I had to fix them so they fit the one and only avatar size, 150x150. Fonts used: Apple Butter for Imazdi and for the hearts MyValentinesLove-demo, KG Heart Doodles and Love Romance.):
                          Riker/Troi Signs (Fonts used: KG Camden Market Script, Marshmallows and Chocolate, Chocolate and Delight, White Chocolate Mint, Apple Butter, KG Heart Doodles for the two hearts near Riker and MyValentinesLove-demo for the heart dotting the I's.):

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Some more Star Trek: TNG stuff I did plus some DS9 stuff:

TNG 30th anniversary avatar (Also made just before Gateworld 3.0 so I had to fix it so it fits the one and only avatar size, 150x150. Fonts used: TNGcast, Trek Generation 1, Hank BT, KG Flavor and Frames Three and KG Flavor and Frames.):
                            150x150
                            150x150
                            120x120
                            150x150
                            150x150
                            120x120
                            I went and fixed my Ezri and Julian Avatar so it matched the new and only size for Gateworld avatars.

Ezri and Julian Avatars (Ezri and Julian pic is from TrekCore. Fonts used: Hank BT and for the hearts MyValentinesLove-demo, KG Heart Doodles and Love Romance.) :
                            I wasn't crazy about the yellow in my Star Trek DS9 sign so I fixed it some time ago. All pics are from TrekCore. Fonts used: appleberry for the S, T, D, S, N and the lower case letters Faerytale Woods.
                            Before
                            After
                            Here's the DaFont search I did for KG Flavor and Frames: http://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=KG+Flavor+and+Frames

I still have to make a TNG 30 sign to go with that avatar and it's variations, 29 old avatars to fix so they fit the one and only avatar size, 150x150, a couple of John and Teyla signs and a Sliders sign among the artwork I have plan to do.
                            Last edited by planet_tv; 22 September 2017, 11:20 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Beautiful work Planet

I think I'll just adjust my avatars as and when I want to use them - far too many to do them all

Princess - if you want your piece to be included in the Challenge post you need to pm it to Josiane

Comment

And now here is another piece

This one is actually inspired by the song "A Devil from Heaven" by G.E.M. sung during her Queen of Hearts tour this week

In this case let me give a bit of backstory; the Jedi Padawan of the Wookiee Jedi Master Grozporin undergoes a Trial of the Dark Side and is tempted with many visions. One of whis is so horrifying that she drops her lefthand lightsaber while it is still active. She also drops to one knee at the same time.

http://fav.me/dbocxtf

Jumble I try to keep my PMs open for news from the site. though I VM quite a bit when I remember to. Though I think due to the sheer size of the Planet info piece, I think it's too big.... *incert shifty eyes here* This one might fit though

Comment

Working...
                                X