Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks JW
    It wasn't so easy to get the ornaments on to the bottle's glass, so they looked at least a bit real

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      Thanks, Nola!

SP has great basic colourisation tuts, so it's a good place to start actually.
      I did thought of that. I'm just on a lazy mood.

@NMP

I like how unreal they look, to be honest. That's what i like about your stuff: one can almost smell the dragon's fire. If it stirrs my imagination...
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Hehe JW, just that in this case it's magical fire, not coming from a dragon

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          This is how it shows up on pS, and I used it as Open as>computer serve.gif

When I uploaded it to Pb, it shows as a jpeg, not a gif. It might be something to do with tumbrl, as you suggested, Nola.

I tried mane suggestion and used the Edit in Adobe ImageReady. It works with Nola's gif and I can see each layer , but only after doing this, it also looked Locked, when I open it directly on PS. The others still show up as flat, probably from being all from Tumbrl.

*grumbles* Most of my gifs are from tumbrl, that means I can never use them.
          I know this sounds like a silly question, but were those animated gifs that you were saving from Tumblr? Only moving pictures will have multiple frames. It is very likely that what you're seeing as a gif file extension is just a normal jpeg that has been saved in gif format because that is the smallest file size. Gifs don't have to be animated. If it was animated (I can't locate the original file - if you send me the link to the page I will check) You cannot save a animated gif from the image search page on google. You have to go to the original file. What shows up on google search page is just a still thumbnail.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
            I like it even though I'm not the zombie type What does "Not snurchable" mean?
            It means it can't be saved and used elsewhere.
            On the edge of breaking down
            sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
              It means it can't be saved and used elsewhere.
              I thought so, but wasn't sure - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                I know this sounds like a silly question, but were those animated gifs that you were saving from Tumblr? Only moving pictures will have multiple frames. It is very likely that what you're seeing as a gif file extension is just a normal jpeg that has been saved in gif format because that is the smallest file size. Gifs don't have to be animated. If it was animated (I can't locate the original file - if you send me the link to the page I will check) You cannot save a animated gif from the image search page on google. You have to go to the original file. What shows up on google search page is just a still thumbnail.

Yes, they were from tumbrl and they are animated in my laptop. I do have gif files which are a still image but that is not the case. Just when I open them in PS/ Image Ready they show up as a single image.

Unfortunately, I can't find the original site from my previous example (I wish I did) but I'll give you another that behaves in a similar manner.

And it's not a silly question, at all. We might be talking about very different things.

EDIT: now, for some reason they all open in ImageReady except THAT one, which opens as a still image. It does move, just not on Photoshop or Image Ready. And I didn't change the name.

EDIT 2: I found the site and the file (http://frankreich.tumblr.com/tagged/gif) and save it the same way I did before. But now the newly saved file opens, through ImageReady. I don't know, maybe I altered the name or some feature on Ps/ImageReady that wasn't activated. I have some commands on my version that work "on and off", e.g. the path tool .

And there it is: (only link because it's soooo big) http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...psdbf15af2.gif

another one to the PS X-Files...Thanks Nola and Mane. Maybe he had to learn how to read them.
                sigpic

Comment

hehehe - people expect computers to be smart. They aren't. computers are extremely stupid. They have to learn how to do everything through very basic commands. I'm so glad that your baby finally learned to read the files properly As you can see, the original gif has 50 frames. This results in an enormous file if it were in jpegs. Think of it this way, that 50 *individual* pictures! The Graphics Interchange Format (gif) reduces the amount of information stored for each picture AND maintains the sequence continuity. Pretty neat, huh?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    hehehe - people expect computers to be smart. They aren't. computers are extremely stupid. They have to learn how to do everything through very basic commands. I'm so glad that your baby finally learned to read the files properly As you can see, the original gif has 50 frames. This results in an enormous file if it were in jpegs. Think of it this way, that 50 *individual* pictures! The Graphics Interchange Format (gif) reduces the amount of information stored for each picture AND maintains the sequence continuity. Pretty neat, huh?
                    I know computers are pretty stupid but as I'm not computer savy, or that intelligent, I always assume I'm doing something wrong. Now, trying to copy that to my original piece and make it work...a battle for the next days. Stay tunned!

And thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

http://fav.me/d6le4zt

Comment

I made this for a Shadowplay challenge...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          I'm no expert on gifs, but try opening the Animation palette (Windows > Animation) before you open the gif. Another option is to use Adobe ImageReady instead.
                          Imageready has been discontinued in newer Adobe CS versions. In essence the recommend tool to work with animated GIF/PNG/... with Adobe software is Fireworks (which they acquired from Macromedia takeover).
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

finished my equality icon set... each person has their sexual orientation flag super imposed over them

I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

those turned out great Lilith!

PH got me thinking about blowing the dust off of my DAZ program. Haven't played with it in forever, but not too hard to remember how to make it work

http://fav.me/d6levjs
                              sigpic

Comment

thanks! here's a little just b/c piece

I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X