No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great art everyone. I peeked last week but I was on such a bad slow connection, I wasn't able to post. So kudos for everyone on last week challenge entries, this week and the just beacuse arties. You blow my mind, everytime.!
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Lovely arties everyone, I really like your new one lg. Sorry, all out of green...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
        The only reason we got a traffic light is because
        Spoiler:
        . . .there's one intersection that gets really congested twice a day. Turn east, and there are three of four schools in our town two blocks away. Turn west, and it takes you to the back entrance of the Air Force base.

I laughed when she told me that!
        Of course, I do live in a city a little bigger than lg's. Dallas has a population of around 1.3 million. lg once asked if I had a specific store nearby. I told her "I live in Dallas. There's at least one of EVERYTHING within five - ten minutes of my apt."

Last edited by FanGirl; 20 August 2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Gorgeous, gorgeous arts, and entries everyone!
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
            It is very nice, and thanks for that tip. I appreciate it. You are Jumble are just great.
            You're welcome We try to be helpful

Oh so true, Nola! Though, where I live, those are called "villages." Though, two of those "cities" have a bigger population than the town I live in!

We just got our first traffic light within the last year.
            In the UK, you only get to be a city if you have a cathedral or if the Queen says you are. The town I grew up in, Reading, has a population of over 300,000 but is still only a town. St David's, in Wales, is a city but has a population of under 2,000. We like to keep things logical over here

So, opened up PS to demonstrate something and wound up making this:

This is what happens when I'm tired and throw random images together.
            Beautiful things happen!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              You're welcome We try to be helpful

In the UK, you only get to be a city if you have a cathedral or if the Queen says you are. The town I grew up in, Reading, has a population of over 300,000 but is still only a town. St David's, in Wales, is a city but has a population of under 2,000. We like to keep things logical over here
              If that's true, then explain why "Bob's your uncle" means the same as "We're good to go"...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                If that's true, then explain why "Bob's your uncle" means the same as "We're good to go"...
                According to Phrase & Fable, "the phrase was occasioned by A.J. Balfour's promotion by his uncle Robert (Lord Salisbury), the Tory Prime Minister, to the post of Chief Secretary for Ireland."

But yes. Point well made

Never ask a librarian a question - she might just look up the answer
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  According to Phrase & Fable, "the phrase was occasioned by A.J. Balfour's promotion by his uncle Robert (Lord Salisbury), the Tory Prime Minister, to the post of Chief Secretary for Ireland."

But yes. Point well made
                  Never ask a librarian a question - she might just look up the answer
                  I should have been a librarian. I love books!!!

See, now that's logical. Like Bubble and Squeak. Another thing that doesn't make sense is Yorkshire pudding which isn't really pudding at all.

Comment

puddings in the UK are not like American puddings. A plum pudding, for example - pretty solid
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                      I should have been a librarian. I love books!!!

See, now that's logical. Like Bubble and Squeak. Another thing that doesn't make sense is Yorkshire pudding which isn't really pudding at all.
                      I'm wondering if I should have been that too. I love the *smell* of books too. Although it conjures too many stereotypical images!
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Major Ryan View Post

is that THE Memphis....you know the one with the KING and all?
                        If, by the "KING" you mean Elvis, no. That one is in Tennessee.

Great idea there Nola!

Love the new Ben Barnes sig lg!

And, I love the design of your current Sherlock sig yamii!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          If, by the "KING" you mean Elvis, no. That one is in Tennessee.

Great idea there Nola!

Love the new Ben Barnes sig lg!

And, I love the design of your current Sherlock sig yamii!
                          Agreed on Lg art and and Yamii stunning Sherlock sig!

Oh the cities vs towns argument...well here is a combination of population versus physical and social infrastructures and also historical significance (hence the cathedral part in some countries, it means although the population now is not that significant, it may have been an important place some centuries ago). We have aldeias ( villages), vilas (towns) and cidades ( cities). As a curiosity I grew up on a vila which became a cidade in my teens but the town has a "carta de foral" (A Carta de Foral, or simply Foral, was a royal document in Portugal and its former empire, whose purpose was to establish a concelho (Council) and regulate its administration, borders and privileges. A newly founded town would also need the king's approval through a Foral, in order to be considered one. In this case, the town's administration and privileges would be defined in that document.Yep this is from wikipedia, sorry) which dates from 1190.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, and this is my entry. Icons are definetely not my thing: I have a lot of trouble getting a set that actually looks like a set because I often change my mind midcourse

And I never been in New York..sadly. All the rest is familiar to me.
                            sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in*

My first attempt ever with wood burning
                              What do you think?

*sneaks out*
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                *sneaks in*

My first attempt ever with wood burning
                                What do you think?

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/4705/k5ix.th.jpg

*sneaks out*
                                Wow! that's adorable! Your design?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X