No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many new arties since I was here last! And they're all gorgeous!!!

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
    So do. It's so gorgeous.
    I think I was talking about the Calvin and Hobbs sig... but not sure.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Thanks, meredithe.

I used these in this order:

<snurched>

Desaturate the second and set to Soft Light. Set the third (the curtains) to Soft Light as well. Set the city to Screen.

Then, I duplicated the second and moved it above everything, setting that to Multiply.
    Thanks for this. And great job on that sig!

A few more challenge entries...

sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

lovely wallpaper Yamii

RIG- I love the Impala art ... Dean and his Impala *sigh*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
        lovely wallpaper Yamii

RIG- I love the Impala art ... Dean and his Impala *sigh*
        Thank you.

Here's a sig for the challenge, though I'm not really happy with it...

sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

I love the banner RIG!! Especially the txt you added about it being their home... so true.

So I made my first textures and I thought I'd share them with you all.... I'm not really sure how to make textures lol :X

sigpic

Comment

beautiful! *snurch*
            sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous arties and textures!

Had time for a challenge entry this week (Yay!) and used Estrela's tut for it.

Couldn't resist the allure of turning JR's version of Hawkeye into a comic!

Comment

Nice job lg!!

*snurches mere5's textures*

Thanks for posting that tut yamii on your gorgeous sig. *bookmarks for future use*

*goes back to writing that tut for Ikorni*
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Estrela! It was a very helpful tut, both for that sig and for that RL project I've mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                    Nice job lg!!

*snurches mere5's textures*

Thanks for posting that tut yamii on your gorgeous sig. *bookmarks for future use*

*goes back to writing that tut for Ikorni*
                    Thank you, Estrela!
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Some info on how to make this sig

I'm sorry but a full tut's not gonna happen for this sig. As I feared, I didn't save how I created the cartooned SG-1 layer. My PSD only contains the end result. I also can't find the brush or textures I used to create the star burst and grid effects on the left side of the sig but both of these should be easy enough to recreate on your own.

What I can provide is some info on how I did the green medallion and the glass button like thing under the text. Both are shape layers.

The following info is for PS users and is spoilered for size.

Spoiler:

The green spiky thing that I'm calling a medallion (for lack of a better word) was made using the polygon tool with a layer style. If you've never worked with shapes before, they can be quite versatile. Refer to this image for the next set of instructions:

If your polygon tool isn't displayed on your toolbar, click where your custom shape/rectangle/eclipse tools are located (refer to the red circle on the image provided) to pop out the menu where you can select the polygon tool. Now you need to play with some options. Click on the down arrow on the top toolbar next to the custom shape image (refer to the orange circle on the image provided) and use the settings I've provided above.

Now create a new blank layer and create your shape by clicking and dragging on the layer. (The size is already set according to the options you've just changed.) Move the shape to where you want it. In your layer palette, double click next to the layer's name to change the layer style using the options provided below.

And here's the gradient used on the gradient overlay

The SG-1 button was made the same way but using the rounded rectangle shape (no options to set for this one!) and the layer styles provided below.

Add your text using this font and a new layer with a black border around the entire sig and you're done.

I hope this has made sense. If not, please ask.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow!! Loving all these challenge entries!

I'll be making the post almost bang on 5pm today so please get your entries in to me before then

Comment

Estrela, thanks! Pity about the cartooned layer, because that what I loved so much. But well, that happens!
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

*snurches Mere's textures* They turned out really well, so I guess you do know how to make them after all

Comment

yamiinsane thanks for the tut will see if I can translate if to PaintShopPro
                              sigpic
                              Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                                For the tut and tip: You are all welcome

Meredith: Love the sigs!

NMP: Love it!

I decided that I wanted a new desktop wallpaper so I made this:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_tom-hiddleston-65473-yami.jpg
                                Squeeee! Tom Hiddlestone. The wallie is lovely and in very good taste. Well done!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                                So many new arties since I was here last! And they're all gorgeous!!!

I think I was talking about the Calvin and Hobbs sig... but not sure.
                                probably we both were. I'm too lazy to scroll back and check.

Love your baby challenge entries and what do you mean you don't like your cartoon Impala sig? *checks RiG temperature*...You must have a fever or something ;D

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                                I love the banner RIG!! Especially the txt you added about it being their home... so true.

So I made my first textures and I thought I'd share them with you all.... I'm not really sure how to make textures lol :X
                                <snip>
                                Neither do I. I only know I like yours.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                                Gorgeous arties and textures!

Had time for a challenge entry this week (Yay!) and used Estrela's tut for it.

Couldn't resist the allure of turning JR's version of Hawkeye into a comic!
                                Squeeeee! Hawkeye!!! Today I'm sqeeeing a lot. Tom, Jeremy and the Impala! Way too much goodness. Great hawkeye comic, lg. It worked really well.

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                                Some info on how to make this sig
                                http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...rs-cartoon.jpg

I'm sorry but a full tut's not gonna happen for this sig. As I feared, I didn't save how I created the cartooned SG-1 layer. My PSD only contains the end result. I also can't find the brush or textures I used to create the star burst and grid effects on the left side of the sig but both of these should be easy enough to recreate on your own.

What I can provide is some info on how I did the green medallion and the glass button like thing under the text. Both are shape layers.

The following info is for PS users and is spoilered for size.

Spoiler:

The green spiky thing that I'm calling a medallion (for lack of a better word) was made using the polygon tool with a layer style. If you've never worked with shapes before, they can be quite versatile. Refer to this image for the next set of instructions:

<snip>

If your polygon tool isn't displayed on your toolbar, click where your custom shape/rectangle/eclipse tools are located (refer to the red circle on the image provided) to pop out the menu where you can select the polygon tool. Now you need to play with some options. Click on the down arrow on the top toolbar next to the custom shape image (refer to the orange circle on the image provided) and use the settings I've provided above.

Now create a new blank layer and create your shape by clicking and dragging on the layer. (The size is already set according to the options you've just changed.) Move the shape to where you want it. In your layer palette, double click next to the layer's name to change the layer style using the options provided below.

<snip>
                                >snip>[/URL]

The SG-1 button was made the same way but using the rounded rectangle shape (no options to set for this one!) and the layer styles provided below.

I hope this has made sense. If not, please ask.
                                Thanks for providing the tuts. The first one was most helpful and I based my challenge entries on it. I have to check this one better when I have a bit of peace and quiet.

Lovely work everyone!
                                sigpic
                                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                                X