Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Ah. Okay. Wow, never realized Germany was like that.
    Yep, that's how we are. Maybe depending on the area it is more or less but I'd never been to another area where the people just can live and let live (is that correct?)

And in regards to my WP maybe folks just didn't see it? Hey, it happens.
    Could be. The last time it's pretty quiet in here ...

Amazing work, yamii! Love the new set! Cannot green you right now, so ... mental GREEN from me.
    Ikorni, this is looking great! I had that Tut in mind myself yesterday but finally decided to do the other one.
    lg, *stares* ... wow! JR looks so young on that one. Well done!

Wanted to do another entry but it turned out that my idea wasn't fitting with five pics so ... tried it but the sig was ways too crowded then. Maybe I will try a WP (which could be a little tricky ...). Let us say, it's a kind of cooperation with a friend from LJ. She made a wonderful icon some time ago and for the last 20in20-challenge I made one ... well, they are matching together in my opinion. BTW, my icon made the 3rd place *iz proud*. So, to keep a long story short, I asked her if I could use her icon for a sig, she said yes and ... instead of breakfast, I made this sig - unfortunately with "only" four pics:

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Thanks, Hyn.

Renner was pretty young in that photo shoot....Kind of, anyway. I think it's from 2009.

Edit: Sorry, 2010. So a couple years old.

Comment

i only just saw last weeks entries good job all!
        sigpic
        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Finally, challenge entry.........

Comment

That's cool, Jumble!
            My family-problem-project turns out as a real problem for this challenge. Nope, the WP looks better again with only four pics:

*I'm wrong with something here ...*

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Hey guys, I wanted to be here sooner but I got rather sleepy after I had lunch and napped on the couch.

ikorni, scifan, and lg: Amazing art!!!

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
              Ikorni, RIG, Hyn, NightmarePoet, and Sci: Awesome arts!
              Thank you!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              I saw it hun! I love BBT. Love it when Penny gets all geeky with them.
              Thank you! I dotoo...about both.

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
              Yep, that's how we are. Maybe depending on the area it is more or less but I'd never been to another area where the people just can live and let live (is that correct?)
              Ah-ha. And, yes, that is indeed correct.

Could be. The last time it's pretty quiet in here ...
              Yeah, it was rather quiet.

Wanted to do another entry but it turned out that my idea wasn't fitting with five pics so ... tried it but the sig was ways too crowded then. Maybe I will try a WP (which could be a little tricky ...). Let us say, it's a kind of cooperation with a friend from LJ. She made a wonderful icon some time ago and for the last 20in20-challenge I made one ... well, they are matching together in my opinion. BTW, my icon made the 3rd place *iz proud*. So, to keep a long story short, I asked her if I could use her icon for a sig, she said yes and ... instead of breakfast, I made this sig - unfortunately with "only" four pics:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...ilyproblem.jpg
              Oooooooh! I love this!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Love it jumble!

I dreamt about Martin the other night.

That's cool, Jumble!
              My family-problem-project turns out as a real problem for this challenge. Nope, the WP looks better again with only four pics:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...yproblemwp.jpg
              This is so cool! *loves*

*I'm wrong with something here ...*
              You are?
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Hey guys, I wanted to be here sooner but I got rather sleepy after I had lunch and napped on the couch.
                Forget the lunch, the rest is fitting. My excuse: It's pretty after midnight over here. First day back at work was exhausting!

Ah-ha. And, yes, that is indeed correct.
                My spelling seems to get better!

Yeah, it was rather quiet.
                And still is.

Oooooooh! I love this!
                Thanks

I dreamt about Martin the other night.

Really? My, I only dreamt about David Nykl once ...

This is so cool! *loves*
                *blushes again* Thanks!

You are?
                Yep, I am.

With that ... good night and sweet dreams *yawns*

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic

Comment

Forget the lunch, the rest is fitting. My excuse: It's pretty after midnight over here. First day back at work was exhausting!
                  Whoa, it's only after 7pm here.

My spelling seems to get better!
                  It's getting better all the time.

And still is.
                  ...yeah.

Thanks
                  You're welcome.

Really? My, I only dreamt about David Nykl once ...
                  Really. I have also dreamt about David Hewlet (a few times), and Jensen Ackles (a few times). And Dean and Sam (once).

*blushes again* Thanks!
                  You're welcome. Again.

Yep, I am.
                  If you say so.

With that ... good night and sweet dreams *yawns*
                  Goodnight! Sweet David Giuntoli/Grimm dreams!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Okay, so I was inspired by Hyn's Grimm art to make my own Grimm art...

sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Whoa, it's only after 7pm here.
                      11 am now . Had an appointment with my doctor. He's not amused that I decided to return to work *shrugs*.

It's getting better all the time.
                      Thank you

Really. I have also dreamt about David Hewlet (a few times), and Jensen Ackles (a few times). And Dean and Sam (once).
                      Once I dreamt about Shep and McKay and that it turned out that my neighbour was a wraith . And now I had a few *blushes* dreams about David G. - two or three. One about Silas and one about Reggie. Grimm really hit my nerves

If you say so.

Goodnight! Sweet David Giuntoli/Grimm dreams!
                      Thank you *bows*. Unfortunately not David but I dreamt something ... weird. Cannot put it together right now. I'm a pretty heavy dreamer ...

Okay, so I was inspired by Hyn's Grimm art to make my own Grimm art...

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...grimm-nick.jpg
                      *SQUEE!!!* OMG! RiG, it is AMAZING!!! Awe, and one of my favourite lines in the show *iz completely happy now*! Love, Love, Love this!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

Ikorni, as I told you, the end result of your Castle/ Beckett is beautiful. I am an absolute rookie at this, but I do not find it surprising that using the same techniques, two people end up with different results. There are always differences in the perception of colours, spacing, lighting, etc and a tendency to rely on the use of certain commands in detriment of others that may explain the difference in the end result. I think that these variances are what that makes art so interesting and add value to it. This is just my very humble two cents.
                        And I love your Black and White challenge entry !

NightmarePoet: I like the 3-D effect on the heart and the” groovy” background. It suggests something hallucinatory,

Hyndara17: I enjoyed the choices with the colouring (particularly with your use of red) and the subtle way you arranged the 5 pics.

Scifan: Squeeeee! A Doctor and River siggie. I love the colouring! It works perfectly.

RIG: I love your gaming TBBT art. I wish my scrapbooks looked as fun!

Jumble love what you did with Martin’s pics inside the circle, like a subliminal Stargate reference(?).
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks Hyn, and JadedWraith! I guess lots of my results when following tuts turn out accidentally different and in my opinion, sometimes rubbish. But oh well, glad there are those who can appreciate them.
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Uhm, thanks, Jaded Wraith . I think you meant me, right? Glad you like what I did ...

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            Thanks Hyn, and JadedWraith! I guess lots of my results when following tuts turn out accidentally different and in my opinion, sometimes rubbish. But oh well, glad there are those who can appreciate them.
                            Ikorni, I only can repeat myself - that's how the most, maybe all in here, think about our own art.

Rest in spoilers, because could count as negative:

Spoiler:
                            I for myself can only say, 99 % of what I do I ... well, tend to like but I see all the failures I'd done with it. In RL I am a former perfectionist, and that drove me crazy during years. It's hard to learn but somehow you simply have to accept that you cannot do something perfect (well, when you are not lg or Sy or josi or Sarai or ...). I started making art seven years ago because I broke up with all my friends and left the German SG-fandom - not completely freely but *shrugs* ... Some of the stuff I tried out first I still like (heck, I adore my first icon and am still trying to repeat that thing somehow!), others I keep distance from (I made anti-SGU-art for a while. I still don't like Universe but I think I may have hurt people with what I'd done and that I didn't wanted and still don't want, that's why I put all of those from the server and the most I deleted completely).
                            I think, as former (failed) semi-professional writer, we simply cannot be perfect. To quote one of my favourite authors: "Sometimes the charme of a story is the forgotten coffeepott that's magically disappeared within two sentences. The tiny failures that a writer isn't aware of and that makes the reader smile realizing, it's not the Word of God he's reading here." So I also see my art. It's not perfect, heck, I don't want it do be perfect! When it's somehow fit for me, when I can accept it, it's fine. It's me, a part of me. When others don't like - okay, I can live with that. When others like it, I'm happy!

It's not the easiest way to go to acceptance (ask me! *rolls eyes*) but ... I don't find the right words. I can only repeat myself (again): I love your art and your take on the Tuts! Does that count as being perfect? For me it is. But as an artist I also know where you are coming from. Take the compliments, you did a great job so far and I'm pretty sure you will continue doing so

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

Hyn, I love your take on perfection!

We're not perfect, not even myself or josi or Sarai or.......We just have our strengths and weaknesses. And, when we learn that even our strengths aren't perfect, we'll be a lot happier. Besides, as a writer, you're correct. Sometimes, the charm isn't in the perfection of the writing, but the imperfections that make it complete. The same applies to artwork. Some of my favorite pieces are those that aren't perfect at all, but flawed in some little way.

Comment

Gorgeous arts everyone!

Just stopping by, I doubt there are any Teslenites here but, I wanted to share the yearly calendar that I finally remembered to do...

sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X