Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
    Thanks lg - feel free to use them if they suit. I've only made the Christmas textures prior to this and I discovered when trying to use those they they didn't really work .. hopefully I've learnt a bit from that for these ones
    You're welcome. I'm sure they'll work, even if not for that particular thing I'm making.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      You're welcome. I'm sure they'll work, even if not for that particular thing I'm making.
      Birthday art is fun ... that was the motivator to jump on GW today too so even better

Oh, and just so there's some Lorne art floating around here, I did this before catching up here ... not really art as such and I'm still struggling to really improve an image when it's poor quality to begin with.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
        Thanks Jumble

I did go open GIMP and mess around with no idea what I was doing ... I don't know how these will work as textures but here they are. They're all made with only the effects that GIMP provides - i.e. I didn't use any images, just messed around with filters and gradients and modes

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/ShaViva/Signature%20banners/My%20textures/th_ShaTexture5.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/ShaViva/Signature%20banners/My%20textures/th_ShaTexture7.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/ShaViva/Signature%20banners/My%20textures/th_ShaTexture6.jpg
        It's amazing what comes out of a little messing around session Those are really pretty and I'm sure will work well

The black and red one is calling to me already............

Comment

Thank you to everyone who loved my texture and wallie! And to everyone else who made art/textures: those are completely AWESOME!!!! Great job!
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Nice textures and improve Sha!! I should try doing my own textures!

Love the space cowboy Hyndara! Really funny and colorful! (and Weir loll)

Still with Sarai's tut:
            Warning: Sherlock spoiler!

Spoiler:
            Last edited by DeliRicia; 20 January 2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Very nice Del I only caught the last two eps of Sherlock so I'm hoping it'll be rerun at some point.

It might be better to actually put it in spoiler tags

Comment

Thank's Jumble!
                I wish Sherlock will be rerun, because this series really worth the watch. Third season will be shoot/release like in 2013 (Martin is shooting the Hobbit & Benedict is shooting the new Star Trek 2 w/Zachary Quinto). Can't wait.

Comment

Lovely sig/avi combo hyn! (I know she won't see this but maybe someone'll quote. She won't see my sig/avi that way...)
                  sigpic

Comment

Challenge Week 19

The Big Two-Parter!

For the next couple of weeks we'll be doing a two-part challenge. The first week your challenge will be to create a texture. What with all these fabulous tuts Nola has been posting recently, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to push ourselves a little bit.

Estrela

Graceful Spirit

Continued…….

Comment

Josiane

Ladygris

Maneth

Scifan

Continued…….

Comment

Nolamom

Sarai

Continued…….

Last edited by Jumble; 20 January 2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Rocket Scientist

Stargate78fan

Yamiinsane

Continued…….

Last edited by Jumble; 20 January 2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Syfyfan

Continued……

Last edited by Jumble; 20 January 2012, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Madness Reigns

ShaViva

Sarai

Phew!
                              Last edited by Jumble; 20 January 2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Challenge Week 20

Part Two of The Big Two-Parter!

This week, you'll be using the textures in an arty.
                                N.B. You are not restricted to using the textures you made,
                                you can use any texture from last week’s challenge posts

Size: Any!
                                Image: Any, but must include a texture from last week’s challenge.
                                Text: Any!

Please PM your entries to Josiane
                                Last edited by Jumble; 20 January 2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X