No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is that tutorial that Jumble asked for.

To make this:

Spoiler:
    You will need: by ShaViva, by ShaViva, and by Estrela. You will also need the character/actor pic of your choice. I recommend using a black and white image so that the effect isn't distorted. Otherwise, you should be able to desaturate the image.

Open your canvas. I used 700x180 for mine. Open first texture by Sha. Scale up or down until the pattern is showing but not the black area. Make certain you have some red on the side.

Open your picture. Scale up or down and sharpen as necessary. Position to the side and use mask layers to fade out the edge. (You can erase if you like, but mask layers seem to blend much easier.) I may have futzed with the curves a bit to bring a bit more definition to it, but I can't remember if I did.

Duplicate the first texture. Move to the top and set to Overlay, opacity 100%.

Open second texture (the yellow one) by Sha. Set to Overlay, opacity 100%. Scale up or down and move around until it gives the effect you want.

Open third texture by Estrela. Set to Lighten, opacity 100%. I did not scale this one at all, merely moved it below all but the background layer. Position it so that it fills the corner of the sig.

Add your text. For this, I used Fragment Core in #d2cc92. I duplicated that layer, changed the color to #0e0e0e, and moved it just a pixel or so off of the original. Put this new layer behind the light one, creating a depth effect.

Add a drop shadow to the text if you want, and you're finished!

If you have any questions, just ask.
    Last edited by ladygris; 20 January 2012, 10:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to put font link in. Fixed now.

Comment

Thanks Jumble and Hyn (love the 'space cowboy' sig BTW!! )
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Good thing I left some space
        Thank you m'dear!!

Sorry Sarai, I could only fit 16 of them in, had to leave the rest out
        That's fine, thank you for putting them in at all

Comment

Thanks lg

Comment

Thanks lg
            You're welcome.

Comment

Love them MR, lg, Hyn As well as ALL of the textures!!!!

lg: Thanks for the tut!

I just noticed that PB decided to change the actual size of my texture so I uploaded it to DeviantArt. I hope you might like the original better since it's bigger.
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

You're welcome, yami. :

Comment

WOW! All those textures - everyone was sooooo productive last week!! I don't know where to start - there are so many eye catching ones I'd like to try out Well done guys and extremely well done Jumble in posting them.

lg, love your Kavan set!! (You knew I would, right? ) ... one because it's Kavan, and two because you tried out my textures and you made them look good! I would green you if I could but at the moment I can't seem to green anyone
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been digging up some old artwork for the birthday party and thought I might share.....

Continued.........

Comment

Comment

Thanks Sha, it was quite a marathon!

Comment

Jumble LOL!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                            Jumble LOL!!!!

And that came out of my head

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                              WOW! All those textures - everyone was sooooo productive last week!! I don't know where to start - there are so many eye catching ones I'd like to try out Well done guys and extremely well done Jumble in posting them.

lg, love your Kavan set!! (You knew I would, right? ) ... one because it's Kavan, and two because you tried out my textures and you made them look good! I would green you if I could but at the moment I can't seem to green anyone
                              Yes, I knew you would. Glad you like them, anyway. And your textures worked perfectly!

Comment

Wonderful entries everyone.

Hyn and Mr very cool arties!!!

lg beazutiful!And thanks for the tut!

I love them Jumble!

Texture from Graceful, Sha and Rocket. I made a wallie.

Higher resolution here!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X