• Show
Clear All

Gorgeous sig LJ, very sad subject matter though

Get well soon Maximus!!

Comment

Gorgeous banner by Josiane

Challenge Week One
      "Why I Love..."

To kickstart our weekly challenges (and hopefully demonstrate just how broad fandom can be) your task this week is to submit a piece of artwork from your favourite fandom. We're opening up the floor to absolutely any kind of medium - the usual artwork (icons, wallpapers, signatures etc.), videos, hand drawings, photographs. Absolutely anything you use to celebrate and showcase the fandoms you love. The real challenge here is you have to show why you love this fandom so much. It might be the genre, a certain ship, a certain actor, the way it is directed...anything as long as you show why you love it.

As it's the first week we want to ease you in so we're also allowing entries that have already been made. So if you really don't have time in the next week to make anything new, find your favourite sig, WP, icon, video etc. post it and send it in! It's that simple!!

As with all of the challenges from now on, you have one week to submit your entries via Gateworld private message. The challenge post will be made on a Friday evening one week after it was posted (give or take a few hours!)

So to round-up...

Theme: "Why I Love..." - submit a piece of artwork that shows why you love a certain fandom
      Format: Any

Please post your entries on the thread AND PM your entries this week to Jumble

Remember if you need a reminder on where we are with any of the challenges you can find the master list here

Comment

*sigh* The reason I don't usually follow tuts is cuz they never turn out the way I think they should.

I might have to take the pic on the left off, cuz it's hard to see the icons over top of NF's yummy yumminess...
        sigpic

Comment

*thunks and drools* But LJ, that's GORGEOUS!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

LJ, absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Theme: "Why I Love..." - submit a piece of artwork that shows why you love a certain fandom
              Format: Any

Please post your entries on the thread AND PM your entries this week to Jumble
              Sounds like a wonderful challenge... just to clarify, is it just one entry or is it entries, not that I have time for more than one, but just in case ideas are sparking...

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              I might have to take the pic on the left off, cuz it's hard to see the icons over top of NF's yummy yumminess...
              It is beautiful... and who needs icons?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                Sounds like a wonderful challenge... just to clarify, is it just one entry or is it entries, not that I have time for more than one, but just in case ideas are sparking...
                You can enter as many as you like!

Comment

Thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Out of curiosity...what is standard wp size, in case I ever venture to make one?
                    sigpic
                    Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
                      Out of curiosity...what is standard wp size, in case I ever venture to make one?
                      Basic size is 1024x768px, but generally people make wps to fit their own screens and we're happy to accept any size for the challenges. Mine, for example, is 1920x1080, so that's the size I make

Comment

Lovely work everyone! I love the prettiness of this thread

Dropping off a few avatars/icons I made while my interents was down

sigpic

Comment

A sig I made using one of Luciana's tuts.

If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Basic size is 1024x768px, but generally people make wps to fit their own screens and we're happy to accept any size for the challenges. Mine, for example, is 1920x1080, so that's the size I make
                            Thanks.
                            sigpic
                            Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              *sigh* The reason I don't usually follow tuts is cuz they never turn out the way I think they should.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...NFwp080511.jpg

Um...pardon my denseness but, what icons are you talking about?

*gets to thinking about challenge*
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Challenge Week One
                                "Why I Love..."
                                Yay! So excited and so happy that I have time to make something in the next few days!
                                sigpic
                                || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Working...
                                X