X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinmas Day 4 Art.......

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      Oh, trust me, I know! I just finished the last of my Christmas shopping today. Took my 11 year old daughter shopping and taught her something about budgets.....That was an adventure! It was a lot of fun, but still an adventure.
      Good to know I'm not alone. I still have one more little gift to buy and then I'm done.

Now, I gotta wrap those gifts!
      Send 'em my way, I love wrapping Christmas presents!

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post

Thanks RodneyIsGodney!

*hoards fonts*
      You're welcome.

Hum, any art to share... well, I guess I do. You know I mentioned November? Well there was a black and white challenge that I did not mange to meet so I will share now. They are not anything special as I did not get far doing anything to them before the deadline rolled by and I moved onto other things. (Plus, one that I made for b&w but found I liked the colour much better.)

Well, they are all gorgeous!

Okay, I hate to say this but...I don't get the Martinmas Day art. At all. And I don't get why you, Jumble, are the only one making it. It's great art, I just...don't get it. I don't even know what "Satsuma" means. And "pineapple", when I read that the other day I didn't know if you meant the color or the fruit itself. Now I get that. I'm sorry for being sooooo stupidly dense about this.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

the past few days of Martinmas art from me:
        1920s

apple

pineapple

romantic

RIG: Martinmas is celebrated in the WooHoo thread. The past couple of years, we've done themes associated with each day of the party. If you're interested, come by the thread to have a look
        sigpic

Comment

for the End of the World challenge:

sigpic

Comment

Awesome Nola!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

Okay, I hate to say this but...I don't get the Martinmas Day art. At all. And I don't get why you, Jumble, are the only one making it. It's great art, I just...don't get it. I don't even know what "Satsuma" means. And "pineapple", when I read that the other day I didn't know if you meant the color or the fruit itself. Now I get that. I'm sorry for being sooooo stupidly dense about this.
              I'm not the only one making Martinmas theme art, I'm just the only one posting them here in the hope that some of you might decide to join in

The themes are open to 'whatever' interpretation - and a satsuma is a small orange fruit, similar to tangerines or clementines

Edit: I see Nola's posted hers too, so I'm not the only one - thanks Nola
              Last edited by Jumble; 23 December 2012, 03:42 AM.

Comment

sigpic
                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Gorgeous art everyone

I have two new arts to share:

One an entry, thank you LGJ for reminding me of that episode :

And one is spoilers, I know there is nothing spoilery about the sig but it's for the new Star Trek movie:
                  Spoiler:

sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

nice yamii
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Wow, I should come by here more often. After yesterday's post I spent time in PS being inspired to make artie sigs.

First I wanted to create something that would match with the GW Horus Guard avi that I am using. (The way I am posting, 2000 posts and a custom avi is a l-o-n-g way off.) So using GW's gallery of the StarGate film and a short hop over to Wikipedia for a euphemism or name meaning for Horus I have this pretty:

I love Anubis so I just could not leave him out:

Then I thought I really should not leave out Apophis either. His euphemism was a bit more tricky, although very accurate, as he really was not worshiped in Ancient Egypt so much as worshiped against which leads to some interesting killing rituals regarding him:

Last edited by A. Karswyll; 30 December 2012, 04:58 AM. Reason: Changed file names.
                      sigpic
                      My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

Great work Yami and A.Karswyll, love the Horus Guard one in particular!

Comment

Lovely arties!
                          sigpic

Comment

*bounds in*
                            Hey, Everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for so long; I have been lurking on the thread and enjoying everyone's art, I just haven't had time to make much art of my own. I had to come by to show off my lovely SS gifts from Jumble! I love them.

Thanks Jumble!

Lovely art to all. I've missed some fun challenges, but everyone's been making some spectacular art. I'll try to green wherever possible.
                            sigpic
                            Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
                              *bounds in*
                              Hey, Everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for so long; I have been lurking on the thread and enjoying everyone's art, I just haven't had time to make much art of my own. I had to come by to show off my lovely SS gifts from Jumble! I love them.

<snip>

Thanks Jumble!

Lovely art to all. I've missed some fun challenges, but everyone's been making some spectacular art. I'll try to green wherever possible.
                              Absolutely stunning, Jumble! My husband saw them and liked them, too! He especially loved the one that showed the comic characters next to the movie characters!

Rocket, your posts are gonna be pretty for a while!

Comment

Thank you Sarai! Horus is my favourite too. I cannot wait to start using it in the new year.

To maneth and Rocket_Scientist, thank you for the green!

Lovely work Jumble for Rocket_Scientist. The last one gives me this sudden urge to make sigs that match up the goa'ulds Horus, Apophis, Anubis, etc with their hieroglyphic depictions...
                                sigpic
                                My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

Working...
                                X