Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    *runs in belatedly*

Yes, that's it. I found that somehow my PB upload settings had changed and it was resizing everything I uploaded. And in the process of resizing them, it was adding a significant number of KBs

It may have happened in the process of switching to and from the new version - that's the only thing I can think because I hadn't changed them myself So as Jumble says, probably worth double-checking your upload settings to make sure PB isn't resizing any of your stuff for you without you noticing
    Where do I find upload settings?
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

When you click on UPLOAD - go over to the right (just below your username) and there's the link
      sigpic

Comment

I'm so embarrassed just realized I spelled Canada wrong in my art so I fixed it... I blame it on the fact that I write Amanda a lot lol.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          *runs in belatedly*

Yes, that's it. I found that somehow my PB upload settings had changed and it was resizing everything I uploaded. And in the process of resizing them, it was adding a significant number of KBs

It may have happened in the process of switching to and from the new version - that's the only thing I can think because I hadn't changed them myself So as Jumble says, probably worth double-checking your upload settings to make sure PB isn't resizing any of your stuff for you without you noticing
          Most of my pics are wayyyy less than 1068x768 so I actually left that as my default. The Advent art is also much smaller, but I don't know if PB actually enlarges that? *scratches head*
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Love the advent Jumble!

meredithe - That looks great! Wish I could go to Vancouver one day.

And *kicks PB for not behaving*
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
              Most of my pics are wayyyy less than 1068x768 so I actually left that as my default. The Advent art is also much smaller, but I don't know if PB actually enlarges that? *scratches head*
              It won't enlarge them - the problem was that it was making them smaller, px-wise, but larger, kb-wise.

Thanks Jakie

Comment

by Ikorni

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  It won't enlarge them - the problem was that it was making them smaller, px-wise, but larger, kb-wise.
                  I think the core of the problem is that you and PB have different compression settings for the images.

GateWorld has a rule for maximum image width and image file size. Some images that fit the image width rule can be well over the file size limit. To get the image file size under GW's rule of 100kb I open the image in my image editor and try saving the image with different compression settings until it goes under 100kb.

Also, not all image editors do image compression in the same way.

For example this image

The original image is sized at 4200x2800 and a 2866kb file. I opened the image in different image programs and resaved them at 75 percent compression without resizing and doing no editing to the image.

Microsoft Paint has no compression settings and a resave gave a 1247kb file.
                  Photoshop CS5.5 gave a 717kb file.
                  PaintDOTNet 3.5.10 gave a 504kb file.
                  GIMP 2.8.2 gave a 581kb file
                  Irfanview 4.33 gave a 454kb file.

So I think when PB resizes the image it saves them using its default compression settings and that results in a larger file size.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Ikorni - That's a beautiful advent!
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Beautiful, Ikorni!
                      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

Quite a few of the Advents have come through a little over the 100kb limit, and I've had to resize them to get them down a bit. After some chat and investigation with Josi, it appears that PB had changed her size settings, causing pieces to upload at a smaller px size but a higher kb.

I'd therefore advise you all to check your settings so that you don't find yourselves posting pieces that are over the limit - we don't want anyone to get modded

Now back to your regular chat and artworking
                        Oh my. I'll check mine asap.

Beautiful! I'm sure you mom will love it.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

The Advents have again been wonderful to see each day. A great thing to look forward to and brighten my day. GW only let me green a couple of posters... but I loved it all.

Dec 6 - Mr... your Haven advent is beautiful. Love the colors and the affects of the stars. Sparkling and wonderful.

Dec 7 - Callmezippy... your's is so unique and had me grinning the whole time... love it.

Dec 8 - LadyGalaxyJ... That is such a great scene in the show and it makes a very happy scene for a Christmas theme. Loved it.

Meredithe5 What a wonderful idea for a calendar and the pages look amazing.

Dec 9 - The coloring on your's is cool, Jumble. I love the earthy tones and it does look peaceful. Still on a little bit of a Costner kick I see.

Dec 10 - Ikorni, I love your Castle advent. The wording especially struck me because it isn't the typical lyrics that I've seen (and used) in Christmas art.

iiradned... I really found the information you supplied about compression between the different programs interesting and something I hadn't thought of.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bay Yep, just a little bit

Comment

Thanks, bailey1ak, Padme18, LadyGalaxyJ! I thought Castle seemed quite appropriate for Christmas somehow.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X