Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ladygris, glad you found it!

Decided to try something completely un-serious, obviously not for the week's challenge. I saw a really beautiful cat on my last proper vacation (if you can't already guess I'm quite a cat fan) and thought that cute cat might warrant some attention.

Last edited by Ikorni; 08 November 2012, 07:29 AM.
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I love the AT sig and the kitty art is fantastic!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Ikorni, gorgeous cat sig! Would green you if I could.

Do you mind sharing textures/stock/whatever? *bats eyes*

Comment

Ladygris, well actually, I make textures on my own sometimes (I made those for the tutorial so I wouldn't have to worry about copyright etc), and the cat art textures are actually my photos! Photoshop did the rest of the colouring!

When I get lazy and need textures in a hurry, I typically do a google image search for stock textures that suit the image. My search term is "Free stock textures". Incredibly original.

Sorry if this is no help!
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

This actually got me thinking...I'm just going to recommend some free textures sites so we'll all have an easier time of it.

Lostandtaken
            CGtextures
            Texturez
            Good Textures

Maybe someone can start a list of free art resources... (Hint: Meredithe5? You've got tons of experience there)
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
              Josiane, I decided to try yours...and got this....(with a bit of tweaks)

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...psa2c46350.jpg
              Great take. I would green you if I could.
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Thanks anyway, Padme.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

This actually got me thinking...I'm just going to recommend some free textures sites so we'll all have an easier time of it.

Lostandtaken
                  CGtextures
                  Texturez
                  Good Textures

Maybe someone can start a list of free art resources... (Hint: Meredithe5? You've got tons of experience there)
                  We have one! Our big list which has all the challenges and tuts is also for resources I'll add these.

Yet more takes on my tut! Wow! Don't forget to send them to me. You have just under 24 hours.
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Just thought some of you might be interested... Art thread here.

Hello all Ben Browder fans! I hope you'll all join me in celebrating Ben's 50th birthday by making art or videos. There will be no winners or losers in this thread, all art featuring Ben is welcome. I hope that by the time Ben's birthday rolls around on December 11, this thread will be full of wonderful art for all of us to admire.

However, this is not meant to be another BB picspam thread, that's why I put challenge on the banner. Have fun, I know I will!
                    Last edited by maneth; 08 November 2012, 10:06 AM. Reason: Fixed broken link
                    sigpic

Comment

Ladygris, well actually, I make textures on my own sometimes (I made those for the tutorial so I wouldn't have to worry about copyright etc), and the cat art textures are actually my photos! Photoshop did the rest of the colouring!

When I get lazy and need textures in a hurry, I typically do a google image search for stock textures that suit the image. My search term is "Free stock textures". Incredibly original.

Sorry if this is no help!
                      I do understand completely.

Another take on josi's tut....

And my take on Ikorni's tut....

And a wallie for my NaNo project, in which Jeremy Renner "plays" ex-FBI agent Cade Williams (in my head, at least)......

Last edited by ladygris; 08 November 2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Yay! New resources! Thanks for the links Ikorni. Great job on the Amanda and the Evil!Kitteh sig too.

lg I totally love that wallpaper.

*runs off to go download too many new textures*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                          Yay! New resources! Thanks for the links Ikorni. Great job on the Amanda and the Evil!Kitteh sig too.

lg I totally love that wallpaper.

*runs off to go download too many new textures*
                          Thank you. It took well over a week to get that wallie done because I kept getting stuck.

Comment

Beautiful art LG
                            sigpic

Comment

Great arties everyone!!!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                              I really like it!
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by maneth View Post

RiG, I really like yours, although the one little bit of blue in the whole sig stands out rather a lot...
                              I have no idea how that happened! Another reason I wasn't thrilled with the sig.

ladygris, glad you found it!

Decided to try something completely un-serious, obviously not for the week's challenge. I saw a really beautiful cat on my last proper vacation (if you can't already guess I'm quite a cat fan) and thought that cute cat might warrant some attention.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1c1b501e.jpg
                              OMG! Love it! My cat is all grey like that one!

Okay, PB is all different now. Don't like it!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

How sweet, RiG!

and Ladygris, wow - love that take on the tut!
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X