• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    Very nice arties, all!

Some OT:

Spoiler:

I've been down with a nasty ear infection (wrong timing!) and seeing as I'm supposed to be away for a couple of days, I don't know whether the doctor's going to clear me for travel. 3 doctors in a week can't be good.

But if the plans do go through, I probably won't be able to make any art till at least next week!

Aw, that's not good. Hope you feel better soon! We'll miss your art if that's the case.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Nice ones Estrela and RiG
    Thank you. Though I have to go back and re-save the sig with my name in the filename because I completely forgot to do that when I saved it initially.

Continuing the Costner theme........

LOVE IT!!! Wish I knew how to do it...someday I figure it out.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Lovely arties everyone, greened where I could. Don't know if I'll have the time to make any arties this week myself, a PTA meeting (I'm the assistant chair) at my son's daycare. We're going to have a brainstorming session for some Christmas fundraising.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

LOVE IT!!! Wish I knew how to do it...someday I figure it out.
        Thanks

It's easy with PS, you simply duplicate the pic, put a 'style' on the first one then make the top one slightly smaller so the 'frame' shows around it. Then you just merge the layers and move the whole thing into your sig and arrange it how you want it. Another way is to create a coloured or gradient layer under your pic then make the pic smaller so that the bottom layer shows around the edges like a frame, then merge the two layers and put it where you need it You should be able to do something similar with Gimp.

Comment

Oh my! So much amazing art from the last couple of weeks....Unfortunately a lack of muse and RL meant that I haven't really had time for anything remotely arty recently Will go and green where I can, and for those I can't Mental Green!.

Did manage to get something done for this challenge though, have only seen the first episode of Arrow so it's a new show to work with if I stick with it... not sure about it yet.

sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Does doing an artwork in a size I've never done before count for the challenge? For instance a FB cover picture?
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Love the Arrow art, MR! I wanted to start watching that, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I did get around to watching Revolution and I'm not sure what I think of it yet. *shrugs*

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Thanks

It's easy with PS, you simply duplicate the pic, put a 'style' on the first one then make the top one slightly smaller so the 'frame' shows around it. Then you just merge the layers and move the whole thing into your sig and arrange it how you want it. Another way is to create a coloured or gradient layer under your pic then make the pic smaller so that the bottom layer shows around the edges like a frame, then merge the two layers and put it where you need it You should be able to do something similar with Gimp.
                Oh, thank you for this! I'm gonna save/bookmark this!"D

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                Does doing an artwork in a size I've never done before count for the challenge? For instance a FB cover picture?
                Yes, I believe that counts.

Different for me, a sig I made last year, when we still had rotating sigs...
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                  I don't see why not

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                  Oh my! So much amazing art from the last couple of weeks....Unfortunately a lack of muse and RL meant that I haven't really had time for anything remotely arty recently Will go and green where I can, and for those I can't Mental Green!.

Did manage to get something done for this challenge though, have only seen the first episode of Arrow so it's a new show to work with if I stick with it... not sure about it yet.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/th_MRArrow.png
                  Cool wp! When and what channel is Arrow on? I remember seeing a trailer but forgot the details

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  Oh, thank you for this! I'm gonna save/bookmark this!"D
                  Hope it works for you

Different for me, a sig I made last year, when we still had rotating sigs...
                  http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x...gDead-sig2.jpg
                  Oh, that's spooky - I've just watched the Castle zombie ep

Comment

Cool wp! When and what channel is Arrow on? I remember seeing a trailer but forgot the details
                    I know you're in the UK but ...It airs Wednesdays on the CW here in the US, right before Supernatural.

Hope it works for you
                    Thank you. It doesn't...I don't think I'll have a problem converting it to Gimp.

Oh, that's spooky - I've just watched the Castle zombie ep
                    There's a zombie ep??? Oh, I gotta see that!

Speaking of Castle, I saw one of Richard Castle's books in my grocery store. Never knew they actually existed. Oh, if only I'd had the money!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Awesome art everyone!! So my little cousin came to visit last weekend during our family reunion and I was teaching him a little about photoshop during our downtime and he made this banner.

He picked out the pictures and I showed him how to layer and use adjustment layers. Don't you love with 10 yr olds come up with!

sigpic

Comment

Hey, all!

Somehow, during a crazy day, I managed to come up with another challenge entry! I started the day going to the church to paint, then going to Wal-Mart, then getting cleaned up and at a choir rehearsal for my daughter's middle school choir, then the concert, then home. All in all, I was gone for 12 hours today. Somehow, I managed to get this done....

It is different for me. I do grunge all the time, but I don't tend to do yellowy-reddish grunge. Also, the graphic-y look of it is different, too.

Comment

It looks great though, lg

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

Thanks, M.

Comment

Lovely arties everyone! Your cousin's got the talent, mere!
                              sigpic

Comment

Not for the challenge, but some stuff I've been doing the past few days
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X