Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another entry

I used some of the steps and idea from LG's tut
    Last edited by meredithe5; 16 October 2012, 04:42 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Oooh, nice sig! And I love that font!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

meredithe5, love the bones sig!
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

thanks RIG and Ikorni I found that promo pic in a google search and just had to use it!

The font I used is Quickier
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by ladygris View Post
            Okay, here's a tut for my latest Hawkeye artwork.

To make this in Gimp:

[SPOILER]
            NOTE: All sizes given here are objective to your needs. Use my work to give yourself an idea of what you'll need. Also, there's a LOT of coloring in this one. Be prepared.

Open your canvas. I chose 500x180 px for this one. Fill with White.

Open your first image, the shield. Now, this is a screen cap from the movie “Thor,” but that's okay. You just want the coloring. Go to Filters-->Blur-->Gaussian Blur. Set your numbers to around 75. This will blur out most of the details of the image but leave the coloring behind.

Open your second image, the clock. You'll use this several times, but first you need to do some coloring to it.

COLORING FOR CLOCK
            Spoiler:
            Colors-->Curves
            Red: 108, 139
            Blue: 131, 117

Colors-->Components-->Channel Mixer:
            Red: 124.4; -4.6; -21.4
            Blue: 0.0; 0.0; 118.0

Okay, duplicate this clock texture and make one copy of it invisible. Use the Gaussian Blur again, this time with your numbers around 25. Set to Overlay, opacity 74%.

Now, time for cropping.

Make your second clock copy visible again and scale down slightly. You don't want it super-big. But it should fill the complete left side of your canvas. Using your Flip Tool, flip the image horizontally.

Open the third image, the foggy forest. Flip the image horizontally and scale WAY down. You want the warm red leaves on the right of the canvas.

Now, using a Layer Mask (PM me if you need to), erase the left side of the foggy forest until the two images fade almost seamlessly together. The branches of the trees should be “ghosted” over the clock face. Merge both layers.

Now, using your Crop tool (and making sure “Crop Current Layer Only” is checked), crop this image to around 441x158 px. Before you crop, move your box around so you can get an interesting crop. Center it on your canvas.

Now, open the foggy forest pic again, and scale down once again. This time, you're going to use the blue foggy trees on the opposite side of the image. Once again, flip horizontally.

Trying to follow this tut of yours lady but...I'm feeling stupid atm...when you say open this image, open that image do we open them separately from the sig or do we copy/paste the images into the sig as layers. Again, feeling stupid.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              Trying to follow this tut of yours lady but...I'm feeling stupid atm...when you say open this image, open that image do we open them separately from the sig or do we copy/paste the images into the sig as layers. Again, feeling stupid.
              I had a little trouble at first as well, you're not stupid I opened a separate project at the correct size and then added the completed layer to the original... I did that for both smaller layers.
              sigpic

Comment

No problem.

Open the image as a layer in the sig....I use File-->Open As Layers option.

Edit: meredithe, sometimes that's actually easier when you've got lots of layers. For my latest project, the stacked photos with the vintage look, I wound up opening a separate window for the coloring because it took so many steps. I love how it came out, but trying to do that coloring for each individual picture in one canvas.....Yeah, it was easier to do things on a separate canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                  I had a little trouble at first as well, you're not stupid I opened a separate project at the correct size and then added the completed layer to the original... I did that for both smaller layers.
                  Thank you.

No problem.

Open the image as a layer in the sig....I use File-->Open As Layers option.
                  Okay, had I been a smart girl I would have known to do this. Then again, I never do this. Should I always do this?

God, I feel like such a n00b!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Thank you.

Okay, had I been a smart girl I would have known to do this. Then again, I never do this. Should I always do this?

God, I feel like such a n00b!
                    When using one of my tuts, yes. I'll indicate if it should be in a separate canvas, or if you find it easier to work that way.

I do apologize. When I first started learning Gimp, all the tuts I used said "Open this image and....." or "Open this image in a separate window...." I just got in the habit of not clarifying if it wasn't necessary to use a separate canvas.

Comment

When using one of my tuts, yes. I'll indicate if it should be in a separate canvas, or if you find it easier to work that way.

I do apologize. When I first started learning Gimp, all the tuts I used said "Open this image and....." or "Open this image in a separate window...." I just got in the habit of not clarifying if it wasn't necessary to use a separate canvas.
                      That's okay. Thanks. Got another question but I'm gonna PM you with it.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

That's okay. Thanks. Got another question but I'm gonna PM you with it.
                        You're welcome.

Comment

Okay, it's rather late now so I'm gonna give up on your tut lg and start fresh tomorrow.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Okay, it's rather late now so I'm gonna give up on your tut lg and start fresh tomorrow.
                            No problem. I look forward to seeing the result.

Comment

I made this for a shadowplay challenge. I'm quite happy with it considering I can't stand Jim Carrey.

sigpic

Comment

I love it Virtual Green
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X