• Show
Clear All

Great sig(s), lg!
    RiG, that sig is awesome!

Was again a little ... inspired by the challenge :

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Love all the art everyone! I wish I could make some! I might download gimp onto my computer and keep praying that it doesn't crash just so I can try to do some My usual computer is broken

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Hey m&m! Fancy seeing you here! Oh, I do hope you have no problems with downloading Gimp if you try again! Would love see what you can come up with!

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
        RiG, that sig is awesome!
        Thanks! Took me two days to make it.

Love your artwork! I may have to steal that quote from your second sig. I have a few pics of Dean (Winchester) and a couple of Jensen (Ackles) reading that would make for great sigs in the future.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          Hey m&m! Fancy seeing you here! Oh, I do hope you have no problems with downloading Gimp if you try again! Would love see what you can come up with!
          My worry is that all the extra stuff (like fonts and stuff) would make my computer REALLY slow; it's about 7yrs old and runs well enough when there's not a lot on it, memory-wise, but I'm worried about adding Gimp and the fonts and stuff. You know?

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Thanks! Took me two days to make it.

Love your artwork! I may have to steal that quote from your second sig. I have a few pics of Dean (Winchester) and a couple of Jensen (Ackles) reading that would make for great sigs in the future.
            Sure, I've snurched it myself from an icon I think ... yep, an icon. Funny, it's also GrimmArt .

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Awesome artwork everyone!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                My worry is that all the extra stuff (like fonts and stuff) would make my computer REALLY slow; it's about 7yrs old and runs well enough when there's not a lot on it, memory-wise, but I'm worried about adding Gimp and the fonts and stuff. You know?
                I don't think Gimp takes up a lot (if I'm not wrong). Fonts files aren't actually that big, unless you're downloading hundreds of thousands of them...
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Ah, well, I have Gimp on my 9 year old desktop computer (which is running so slow now that I don't even use it - need to remedy that asap!) and the only problems I had with it was that Gimp would freeze on me. I had downloaded tons of fonts, a whole buttload of brushes and a bunch of textures...this never gave my old desktop any problems.Unless that's what caused Gimp to freeze? Well, if you're worried about it then don't download it right now. Do some searches on this, see what others have to say. It's what I do in situations such as this.

I also have Gimp on my laptop. But not the current version (2.8), don't really like it. I'm used to 2.6 so I'm gonna stick with it.

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                  Sure, I've snurched it myself from an icon I think ... yep, an icon. Funny, it's also GrimmArt .
                  YAY! Thank you! Ha! Stolen from the same fandom.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Ah, well, I have Gimp on my 9 year old desktop computer (which is running so slow now that I don't even use it - need to remedy that asap!) and the only problems I had with it was that Gimp would freeze on me. I had downloaded tons of fonts, a whole buttload of brushes and a bunch of textures...this never gave my old desktop any problems.Unless that's what caused Gimp to freeze? Well, if you're worried about it then don't download it right now. Do some searches on this, see what others have to say. It's what I do in situations such as this.

I also have Gimp on my laptop. But not the current version (2.8), don't really like it. I'm used to 2.6 so I'm gonna stick with it.
                    I actually downloaded it anyways, lol.. I'm now working on reloading a bunch of the fonts I had I want to make a new Grimm art.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

I actually downloaded it anyways, lol.. I'm now working on reloading a bunch of the fonts I had I want to make a new Grimm art.
                      YAY! But...reloading fonts? Yikes. That's why I didn't upgrade my Gimp to the new version. See, I was afraid I'd lose all the stuff I have on it now and that I'd have to back them up or...something...and then do somthing to put them in the new Gimp. It was all way to confusing to me. Anyways, I'm happy with my Gimp 2.6. Don't really like the in-line text editing the new version has and the saving/exporting or is it convert to jpg then save? Bah! I'll keep the one I have thank you very much.

I do however want G'MIC but I've been having trouble downloading it. I downloaded it but i don't know why it's not showing up in Gimp now. Don't know where it is...and it went through the installing phase too. Really loved the plug-in!

EDIT: Apparently I haven't got something(software?) on my laptop that is needed for G'MIC. Something that my 9 year old desktop has? Weird.
                      Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 15 October 2012, 06:47 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

YAY! But...reloading fonts? Yikes. That's why I didn't upgrade my Gimp to the new version. See, I was afraid I'd lose all the stuff I have on it now and that I'd have to back them up or...something...and then do somthing to put them in the new Gimp. It was all way to confusing to me. Anyways, I'm happy with my Gimp 2.6. Don't really like the in-line text editing the new version has and the saving/exporting or is it convert to jpg then save? Bah! I'll keep the one I have thank you very much.

I do however want G'MIC but I've been having trouble downloading it. I downloaded it but i don't know why it's not showing up in Gimp now. Don't know where it is...and it went through the installing phase too. Really loved the plug-in!
                        Actually, it was quite easy. I went into my fonts folder in Gimp and just copy/pasted my fonts and brushes from Gimp 2.6 into Gimp 2.8.

Comment

I use Photoshop, not GIMP, but can't you just keep your brushes in a separate folder and access them as needed? That's what I do. Helps to keep the program from bogging down when it loads - it doesn't have to load hundreds of brushes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I use Photoshop, not GIMP, but can't you just keep your brushes in a separate folder and access them as needed? That's what I do. Helps to keep the program from bogging down when it loads - it doesn't have to load hundreds of brushes.
                            Not in Gimp. The brushes have to be in a folder within the Gimp programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Er, Nolamom....just *how many* brushes do you have? *salutes*
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Well, I managed to find all the fonts I wanted but now Gimp isn't recognizing them and I have yet to figure out why. I'm pretty sure I put them in the right folder but you never know since it's totally different on my HP than it was on my laptop.

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X