X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    All artwork is good enough for a tut
    Well, in that case...

Alright, gonna try a tut for my sig posted up yonder...

For GIMP...

Spoiler:
    1. open your image:
    I used this one...

2. open new image, sig size

3. copy paste image of choice into sig, then move it to the left side of the sig. This becomes a new layer.

4. select eraser tool, then go into your brushes and select a smoke brush. I use these. makesure the brush is some what big so the lines are not sharp when erasing.

5. With the smoke brush go to the image layer and erase the part you don't want. In my case I erased the right side of image.

6. Repeat step 3 but shrink the image somewhat. Repeat step 5.

7. Repeat steps 3 and 5 again, shrinking the image smaller than the second time.

You should get something like this...

8. Next sharpened each individual layer then I flattened the image.

Uh...I'm a little fuzzy on what I did next. I know I played around with the layer mode. I'm so sorry. It was late when I was working on it and I stupidly didn't d save it as an .xcf after I'd saved it as a .jpg.

I know I used this texture...

...and that I "inverted" the color.

I also used a Bokeh texture/pattern that I found on DeviantArt - regularjane glitter bokeh. Sorry, I can't find it again. Can't recall the order of these two layers, sorry. Again.

The font is Jellyka Delicious Cake. You can find all the Jellyka fonts here. And it's white.

I did an "alpha to selection" on the text then select > grow (by 1) >new layer. Then I filled the new layer with the glitter bokeh pattern I used in one of the layers over the sig itself. I switched the two layers so that the bokeh layer was the background, creating a border that I then blurred via a gaussain blur of 5.0.

Okay, that's it. Sorry it's rather incomplete. If y'all have any questions please feel free to ask!
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

New sig/avi set. Not for the challenge, and I'm not sure I'll do a wallie, either. I don't normally use red.

Comment

It's been weeks since I've done any artwork. The muse had totally deserted me. I hope she's back.

sigpic

Comment

RIG- Awesome Tut I'm definitely going to try it out
          LG- awesome avi and banner
          Nola- I love the holiday are!!

Here's something I made for the next episode in our SG1 Shipper Rewatch... not a challenge entry.

I'm not sure if I like it :X
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            I clicked on several of those and EVERY ONE was a link to Deviant Art. I seriously doubt that this website has checked the artist's rules on each of those textures, actions, etc. that they're offering. For example, one artist's rules:

Artists work hard on all resources, not just finished art. It is only fair to respect the very simple rules they have for their stock use.
            Sorry, I had no idea, I just saw textures, and thought of you guys... maybe you should send a message to the author of that particular texture pack and see if she/he wants to do something about it?
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Lovely art, meredithe!
              lg, you should use red more often . The set is really pretty! And the textures you used are awesome ... *puppyeyes*.
              Nola, I hope your muse is staying now *runs by with some chains to cuff the muse for further use*

I clicked on several of those and EVERY ONE was a link to Deviant Art. I seriously doubt that this website has checked the artist's rules on each of those textures, actions, etc. that they're offering. For example, one artist's rules:

Artists work hard on all resources, not just finished art. It is only fair to respect the very simple rules they have for their stock use.
              Well, you cannot avoid that, Nola *shakes head*.
              Look, last week I got an email via DA from ... well, ahm ... from a webmaster who asked me if would be okay IF they would use one of my arts, of course WITH crediting me (hard to do not, it's a signed drawing and since I'm uploading to the net I tend to sign somewhere in the middle of the pic where you cannot delete my sign so easily). I was stunned but said "Hell YEZ!". That was on Friday. You know WHERE I've found my drawing since then? And besides a couple of DA-members (and of course the website I gave my okay to) no one asked me or even is crediting in any way, it's more the opposite that someone wants to have the credit for that one *iz still pissed*. i know WHY I sign my art ...

I know some of my art is used by others, and usually I give my okay with posting them into my journals, no matter if DA or LJ. The only thing I say loud and clear that whoever will use whatever he/she will use should copy/paste the art into his/her own album and not hotlink from mine - well, loud and clear *bitter laughing* ... someone is using a couple of my GrimmArt via hotlinking , and this story is ongoing since a two months now. I'm uploading to share because I'm not using everything I'm making.

Okay, enough bitternis, back to normal life ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                Lovely art, meredithe!
                lg, you should use red more often . The set is really pretty! And the textures you used are awesome ... *puppyeyes*.
                Nola, I hope your muse is staying now *runs by with some chains to cuff the muse for further use*
                Thanks, Hyn. I can post the textures or a full tut later as there's coloring on there, as well. Up to you.

Btw, love your golden Grimm sig! Just gorgeous!

Birthday pressies from FlyBoyFanGirl!

And they all have matching sigs!

Comment

Oh, didn't know it's your Birthday ... Happy, Happy Birthday lg ! Pretty gifts you got !
                  To me the textures would be enough but I think the most others would die to have a Tut. So, it's up to you .
                  What you mean with "Golden Grimm"? The current one? Thank you ! It's from a former movie David G. did two years ago. The movie is a little bit cheesy, but he was just gorgeous in there. I so had to cap his scenes and make some art out of it *stupid little fangirl ...*

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic
                  LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Happy Birthday LG!! I agree with Hyn, those are some pretty presents!!!

Thanks Hyn

So I finally have something to show for this weeks challenge. I think I'll wait until next month or so to make my own tut. Every time I use one of your tuts I feel like I'm missing 4 or 5 steps in my own art lol.

So I just tried out Josiane's tut and this is what I came up with

sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Hyn and meredithe!

Comment

Happy Birthday ladygris!!!

Lovely birthday presents you've got there

It's been weeks since I've done any artwork. The muse had totally deserted me. I hope she's back.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/General%20Art/th_TheMagicHappens.png
                        Welcome back Nola's muse! Now don't run off again

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post

Thanks Hyn

So I finally have something to show for this weeks challenge. I think I'll wait until next month or so to make my own tut. Every time I use one of your tuts I feel like I'm missing 4 or 5 steps in my own art lol.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/..._meredithe.jpg
                        Oh that's gorgeous! Well done!

Thanks for the tut as well RiG!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post

Thanks Hyn

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/..._meredithe.jpg
                          And you did a great job with this one. Mental Green here!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Josi and Hyn Think I'm gonna work my way through everyone's tut's this week, or at least try lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd give lg's tut a try. It and I did not really get on so well

Shame, since I love the original, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. On the upside, it made me brave the channel mixer
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I think it looks great And such an amazing show ended before it's time... at least we got the movie, right!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X