• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made this today...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
      *runs in, out of breath* wow, where did the rest of this week go?!! Awesome entries everyone. I've greened where I could

A last rushed entry from me ... it's Doctor-ish because I said I had to do one with the Time theme ...

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/ShaViva/Signature%20banners/Wallpaper/th_AFA_Challenge47_ShaViva_Wallpaper2.jpg
      Really cool, Sha.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...challenge2.jpg

Banner by Josiane

Challenge Week 48

Crossovers

This week we're giving you the chance to indulge more than one of your fandoms at the same time Your challenge is to make artwork where the text is from one TV show/movie, and the pictures are from another.

Just to clarify, where there is more than one show/movie in any given universe (spin-offs etc), they're going to count as one for the purposes of this challenge - ie, you can't pair a Stargate Atlantis quote with SG1 pics, or a Torchwood quote with Doctor Who pics. If you choose to make art of a real person/actor, then you can't select a quote from the show(s)/movie(s) they are in/associated with, or (obviously) that they said themselves, it must be from something else.

One other restriction: the quote must also be from something you are a fan of, no cheating by randomly selecting from a quote-generator just because it matches

PM your entries to Jumble
      Oooh, fun challenge. I'll have to think about this one....

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
      Since Rocket asked for a tut for this sig, here it is.

Here is how I made this in Photoshop and I don't know if some things are translateable or not: http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...-965-yamii.jpg

Spoiler:

1) First thing to do before we get started on the sig. Open a new canvas of 3x3 pixels with a transparent background and zoom in all the way. Take the pencil and black foreground color, click three times: One in the top right pixel, center pixel, and bottom left pixel. When that is finished, go to Edit>Define Pattern, give the pattern a name and click okay. You will need this for step 12. Now close that out and open a new document for your sig. I always start with 600x200 and when I am finished I lower it to 450x150. But choose whatever sig size you are comfortable with. Fill with white.

2) Take both textures from this pack and place them onto your canvas. I made sure that the texture with the butterfly was on the bottom and to the right while the meadow texture was on the left and set to Darken, 100%. Try to get the words on both textures seen, but doesn't have to be perfect.

3) Take Texture #4 from this pack and set it to Darken, 14%. Make sure that the big clock is just off center.

4) Take Pattern #28 from this pack and set it onto the canvas. Duplicate and move to where it can look seemless. If need be use an eraser to get that look. Merge down and go to Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur. Make sure that the lines are blurred completely, so about 50 to 70 pixels. Set to Lighten, 100%.

5) Take texture #4 from this pack and set it to Soft Light, 100%. Move the texture around until you are happy with it.

6) Take the haunted house texture from this pack and scale down about half the size. Set to the left of the canvas and put the blending mode to Lighten, 100%.

7) Take the Blue Lake texture from the previous pack and set to Soft Light, 100%. Scale if you wish.

8) I wanted a picture of Hawkeye without having to try and get rid of the background, so I found this pack of png's and selected a png of Hawkeye. Scale if necessary.

9) Create a new blank layer and with Sampled Brush 11 from this brush set, make it look like there is a mist or a fog that is coming from the bottom. Make sure the color used is white.

10) Create a stamp of your art so far. Go to Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur. With a blur pixel of 2.0, blur the stamp. Set this layer to Soft Light.

11) COLORING:

Curves: Point 1: 161, 193 Point 2: 74, 97
      Selective Color: Whites: 0, 0, 0, +100 Neutrals: 0, 0, 0, +38 Blacks: 0, 0, 0, +2
      Gradiant Map: Washed Away Art #20. Reverse, set to Soft Light, 100%.
      Exposure: +0.02, +0.0078, 1.22
      Hue/Saturation: 0, -47, +7
      Photo Filter: Cooling Filter (80), Density 25%
      Channel Filter: Red: +98, +2, +5 Green: -5, +115, +4, Blue: -8, +7, +120

12) Create another stamp. Make sure the Fill is 0% and go to blending options. Pattern Overlay, choose the pattern that we made earlier and scale to 50%. Erase over your character. Lower the opacity to about 75% or whatever you feel is better for your sig.

13) Create yet another stamp. Fill 0% and go to blending options. Stroke, choose a color within your canvas that you would like as a border. Make sure that the position is set to Inside.

14) Text: Pavane, 48 pt. Color ebebeb. Move to where you feel is the best location for your text.

15) Watermark your art, if you do, and you are finished!

If you have any questions, let me know.
      Thanks so much for the tut! Looking forward to trying it.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      My first entry for this week, courtesy of my husband. (He's responsible for a couple of these!)

Features a Stargate: SG-1 bad guy with an Avengers line!
      This is excellent.

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      I made this one for my phone.. Just in the mood

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/mmorgan317/Art/th_Namesake.jpg
      Just gorgeous, M.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Love 'em both!

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
      Absolutely love the entries so far!

My first entry, spoilered because of one word in the quote and, in my opinion, not as good as the first two entries so far.

I like it!
      sigpic
      Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Love all the entries so far I'm working on finding some quotes and so far they're all full of aghast lol
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Hyn and Rocket.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Great WP, yamii!
            Well, I have to say, I'm a little struggling with the challenge. Maybe because I've just begun a new fanfic or want to finish that damned vid (after six weeks more or less working on it) or that I'm sneaking around another challenge at LJ, or simply because I'm running out of time ...
            So, not really into it but here's my entry (finally I've done one with that *reliefed sigh*):

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Amazing entries for last week - certainly was a popular challenge

Lovely start to this week - mixing fandoms can only make for more fun right??

My first (hopefully there are more to come) entry. Not how it started out but I kinda like it Not sure it counts though - the quote is actually from a book (although it was made into a film..... albeit not the best film) 'The Time Traveler's Wife'

And I'd had enough of not having any clickable thumbnails so I reverted to the original PB
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

It's great, MR! I really, really love it. BTW, novels are also allowed? Mh, then maybe I come up with something else ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

This is a great challenge... I love the art it has already produced. I greened where GW would let me.

Tried ~lg's tut for this one. Can't decide yet if I like it, but it was fun to do the tut.

Quote is of John Sheppard - SGA...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                    It's great, MR! I really, really love it. BTW, novels are also allowed? Mh, then maybe I come up with something else ...
                    Thanks Hyn - I'm not sure if novels are allowed, which is why I'm not sure if it counts or not
                    sigpic

Comment

Love them Mane, Hyn, MR, and Bailey

Thanks Rocket, and Hyn
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks Yamii

Another one, nice and simple. Heard the quote whilst watching Warehouse 13 and a lightbulb went off

sigpic

Comment

Awesome entries MR, Hyn, and Bailey!

I finally put my first entry together and it's not full of aghast! I've been watching too much One Tree Hill lately lol. I was going to use an image with Booth wearing his 'cocky' belt but this just seemed to fit.

sigpic

Comment

Love the banners MR and Meredith

Here is my next entry:

Helen Magnus in Tempus with a Dr. Who quote.
                            sigpic
                            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Gorgeous Yami!
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you Meredith
                                sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X